New to Acura, '02 TL-TypeS

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007 | 12:33 AM
Bippu Style only please

New to Acura, '02 TL-TypeS

Howdy!

I'm now a proud owner of a white 2002 TL TypeS!

Dealer maintained, all service records, car is just about flawless!

I'm coming from another community, just getting out of Scion. I had an 05 xB, and it was one heck of a nice car. Anyways.

I originally went to my #1 in sales Acura dealership here in the STL area of MO, to look at an 01 RL. I've always been a fan of luxury sedans, and I thought I'd get myself into one. Well, they didn't have that, but they had this sweet 02 TL-S sitting on the lot. I took a look, and a test drive, and I instantly fell in love. When I heard that they serviced the vehicle from it's previous owner for literally everything, I said, where do I sign? LOL. Anywho, I'll get pics up soon, just wanted to send my hellos, and hope to not bug and bore you with the plethora of questions I have about Honda motors and VTEC, and what parts are best to pick up...etc, etc....
Old 08-17-2007 | 01:06 AM
Advance

Congrats, if you want to start with some nice performance parts get intake/headers first. Adds a nice exhaust tone and makes VTEC sound very mean. Not to mention you get more MPG and an extra 20 or so horsepower to the wheels.
Old 08-17-2007 | 01:33 AM
Bippu Style only please

Seriously? Holy crap! LOL

I dunno with what I'm going to start with. Bank is already stretched, and the car has PLENTY of power ---------- for now. LOL. I've never had anything more than a 140hp 4cylinder, so jumping to a 260hp beast is all brand new territory for me.

My buddy has a turbo'd tc (ZPI/TurboToyotas hybrid) and is pushing a modest 6psi for the time being before a dyno tune. I asked him if he wanted to check out the performance differences at the strip in the coming weeks and I'll let you all know how it goes. He's got excellent reaction time, so I think it'll be close.

I'm looking to do more of a LUX EXE modification for my car. I'm still kinda stuck in Scion mode and haven't been able to fine tune my google results for TL parts and such. Is there a thread somewhere that denotes the best low offsets to use if trying to achieve a low and aggressive stance? Preferably with -camber. I don't drive too often except for to and from work, and I understand the wear and tear on tries - I had camber on my xB.

So, anyone helpful, like yourself (like most Cali folk, really) Is MUCH appreciated.
Old 08-17-2007 | 02:01 AM
Bippu Style only please

I'd have to say out of the couple of pics my girl took, this is my favorite, it really shows the pearlescent in the paint in my opinion.

Also, don't mind me.... I'm just eating Arby's curly fries.....

BTW, you can barely see it in the back, but that's my girls' Scion xA. That thing is a sweet ride. We've got 2" drop springs and some performance 17" nex-o's with toyo proxes 4 on them. It may not have a lot of power, but man can that car corner! We typically hit close to 90 degree turns at 50+mph. Gotta love it!
Old 08-17-2007 | 08:19 AM
Just chillen..

To make life easier for you. That's a mod list for Acura TL-P and TL-S. From performance, exterior, interior, etc.. I have to yet update it more with HP gains and prices. Also recently there is a thread that has websites for the TL to buy performance parts. Get I/H/S/P/E/AFC/S ( Intake, Headers, Spacers, Exhaust, Air Fuel Controller and a SUPERCHARGER! ). lol Our vendors are really business oriented and you will have no problem whatsoever on this website. Welcome again and search please, because you seem like a understanding person, so search research and then ask questions.

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/prison-vs-work-163259/
Old 08-17-2007 | 09:56 AM
Drifting

Welcome to AZ. You will enjoy it. How many miles you got on the car?
Old 08-17-2007 | 10:42 AM
Without a garage

Congrats on the TL-S. You're going to love this car.

So did you get Navi? I'm assuming no judging from the picture.
Old 08-17-2007 | 11:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-17-2007 | 01:58 PM
Bippu Style only please

Thanks guys. Much help is appreciated. This forum is setup slightly different than my other ones I've been on for 2 years now.

I've got a fully dealer serviced/maintained 97k miles on it. Kinda high, I KNOW, but I have ALLLLLLLLL the services records. Previous/Original owner took her in every 3500 for oil changes. Kinda nice to know that.

No, I did not get a nav unit. I'm not sure if I'm going to do much to this stereo system because it does what it needs to. IF after I get my stance down, I'll look into it. For now though, it's wheels and suspension before anything else. 260hp is quite a big jump for me, so compared to what I'm used to driving, it's not slow as balls at all.

Also, I know where I am at all times, so having navigation would be kinda redundant.... Know what I mean? My mods will come slow, because it's gonna take time to build up the funds to get where I want to be, and I don't wanna cut corners.
Old 08-17-2007 | 02:05 PM
[cars, anime]= Japan

congrats on the purchase, car looks great.
Old 08-17-2007 | 09:56 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 02AcTLS
Thanks guys. Much help is appreciated. This forum is setup slightly different than my other ones I've been on for 2 years now.

I've got a fully dealer serviced/maintained 97k miles on it. Kinda high, I KNOW, but I have ALLLLLLLLL the services records. Previous/Original owner took her in every 3500 for oil changes. Kinda nice to know that.

No, I did not get a nav unit. I'm not sure if I'm going to do much to this stereo system because it does what it needs to. IF after I get my stance down, I'll look into it. For now though, it's wheels and suspension before anything else. 260hp is quite a big jump for me, so compared to what I'm used to driving, it's not slow as balls at all.

Also, I know where I am at all times, so having navigation would be kinda redundant.... Know what I mean? My mods will come slow, because it's gonna take time to build up the funds to get where I want to be, and I don't wanna cut corners.
Welcome from a fellow St. Louisian. I am on my second 3.2TL. I had a 1996 3.2TL w/ Premium package for 8 years. I decided to get my 2002 TL-S last month.

The only mods I am planning on are burlwood vent outlet panels (got those already, need to install 'em this weekend) and the '02 body kit. Need to save up money for the body kit and find one at a reasonable price first!

Oh yeah, mine has 24,000 miles on it and complete records from the dealer (Dave Mungenast St. Louis Acura, like yours). Doesn't get much better than that for an '02!
Old 08-18-2007 | 02:18 AM
7th Gear

not to scare you but lot of problems with tranny,i hope u don't have any
Old 08-18-2007 | 05:19 AM
Bippu Style only please

Well, I signed up on the acura owners site and the car was serviced for the transmission. So I assume this means it has the jet oil system on the AT box.

I'm still under that 109k warranty, and I'll claim it's slipping around 108, just so I can get one and have a troublefree 50k at least.

I do mostly highway driving, so the gear in question won't be seen much, if any at all.

Hello to you Billy Budapest! What part of STL? I'm out in High Ridge. If you have any links to sites you'd love to share, I'd be all about getting them in PM. Even after checking out the threads on this site, I'm still having trouble finding some things.

Anyways, I love the car. I'm going to keep it for at least the 3/36 extended I got, and maybe longer depending on how many issues arise.
Old 08-18-2007 | 05:39 AM
808 Honolulu

Originally Posted by 02AcTLS

I'd have to say out of the couple of pics my girl took, this is my favorite, it really shows the pearlescent in the paint in my opinion.

Also, don't mind me.... I'm just eating Arby's curly fries.....

BTW, you can barely see it in the back, but that's my girls' Scion xA. That thing is a sweet ride. We've got 2" drop springs and some performance 17" nex-o's with toyo proxes 4 on them. It may not have a lot of power, but man can that car corner! We typically hit close to 90 degree turns at 50+mph. Gotta love it!
your car looks exactly like mines plus slammed on teins ss....welcome to the community...Im pretty much a new owner myself...I hearts my TL