need some expert advices

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 11:51 PM

Question need some expert advices

Hi , I just got my 2001 tl for about a month, it only have 900 km on it, I started to realized the car and the steeling wheel shake a little bit when it idle. It wasn't like that when i first got it, I have similar situation with my old car which is a 2.2 cl and I thought v6 wouldn't have this problem, I am wondering is it a common thing for Honda cars and shouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-17-2001, 11:54 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not understanding your questions completely... but are you saying that your steering wheel shakes when you are at a complete stop and the engine is idling? ...like at a stop light??

If that's the case... well, mine doesn't do that. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem. You might want to take it back to the dealer and ask.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:01 AM

yeah, when i stop at red light, the car shakes a little bit, maybe it's from the engine, that's why i could feel it from the steeling wheel too. But when i push the gear to N , the shake stop.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by ac 3.2 tl on March 18, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-18-2001, 12:03 AM
Jae
Intermediate

Is your air conditioning running? My 91 Integra would rumble like crazy at idle when I had the A/C running....but either way, the TL shouldn't shake noticeable at idle. Maybe your engine mount is bad.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:18 AM
Ain't No Other...

anyways get it checkout at the dealer...since you have warranty...doesnt hurt to abuse your warranty is it?
Old 03-18-2001, 12:19 AM
OG

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
If you have AC on, your idle will be higher, thus, causing the "shake". But this should not happen to your TL, mine does not do that. I think I can think of is a bad motor mount. You might want to take your car back to the dealer and let them diagnose what the problem is. It is highly unlikely that one of your motor mounts would need to replaced only after one month but you never know. Good luck.

------------------
Honda-Acura.net TL Forum Moderator.

1999 Silver with factory body kit, spoiler and burlwood instrument cluster and shift knob. Joshua Tree Wood dash kit. Hella air horns. Tint all around. Razo competition pedals. MOMO Sport 18"X7.5" with 225/40ZR Pirelli P7000SS. Weapon-R intake. Comptech springs, exhaust and headers. Inspire Tailights, homemade ram-air and Polarg M-12 front turn signals. Comptech front and rear sway bar. Axxis Metal Master front and rear pads. Mugen front grille. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

My AcuraTL Homepage

NEW: '01 Acura MDX Silver Premium

Front 35% tinted windows. Running boards. Roof rack. Tailgate deflector. Moonroof visor. Rear mud guards. Razo premium white headlight bulbs. Matriz ion yellow fog light bulbs(courtesy of Snook). More to come later......

Acura-MDX.com Forum Moderator

Old 03-18-2001, 12:54 AM
Instructor

yeah if your AC is on, the steering wheel kinda vibrate a little bit... all honda cars are liek that... but of course if it vibrates too much then it isn't normal, get it check at the dealer.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Umm bear in mind that the guys without the problem are in California, and the guys with the problem are in Canada...what am I trying to say? The engine takes longer to warm up in colder climates, and they don't run as hot in colder area's as they do in hotter climates.. My TL barely vibrates in the warmer times of they year, but shakes ever so slightly when the temperature is below 40 degrees F.
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 03-18-2001, 12:37 PM

Thank you everybody from their advise, I just love this site, whenever someone have questions and trouble, there is always helpful hints from everyone on this site. Thanks guys . I'll take it back to the dealer tomorrow to find out the real problem.