need advise on new purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 06:36 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need advise on new purchase

Hi Guys:

I'm new here because I am about to purchase a new TL, but am not sure and need your advise.

I live 80 miles from the nearest Acura dealer where I would buy a new TL. I'm concerned if the car gives trouble. What will I do for warranty repairs? I have to drive between my two offices daily and need the car. I can not drive 80 miles and leave the car there for repairs and miss work. Any help would be appreciated. There is a Honda dealer in town, but they told me that they do not have the Acura manuals. They told me that they could do oil changes etc, though.

Thanks,
Old 02-12-2002, 07:56 AM
Racer

80 miles is too far to drive, even if it is once a year. Maybe you should settle for a V6 Accord instead.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:19 AM
Instructor

Go for it, its a great car~!!

if the honda dealership is able to do regular maintainence jobs then go for it. in the unlikely event that somethin does go wrong w/ ur TL, an 80 mile drive isn't that bad (i drive between NY and FL overnight biannually, like 1000miles, so thats jus my opinion). besides, acura will hook u up w/ a loaner car wen u get work done on urs.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:26 PM
Banned

Re: need advise on new purchase

Originally posted by dian1511
Hi Guys:

I'm new here because I am about to purchase a new TL, but am not sure and need your advise.

I live 80 miles from the nearest Acura dealer where I would buy a new TL. I'm concerned if the car gives trouble. What will I do for warranty repairs? I have to drive between my two offices daily and need the car. I can not drive 80 miles and leave the car there for repairs and miss work. Any help would be appreciated. There is a Honda dealer in town, but they told me that they do not have the Acura manuals. They told me that they could do oil changes etc, though.

Thanks,
I'm in the same boat as you. Closest dealer to me is 75 miles away. But I bought one anyway. A Honda dealership can do *all* routine maintenance and repairs on your Acura, provided you are paying for them, and it won't void your warranty. If it is a warranty-related repair, then you have to go to an Acura dealer. I've had minor stuff crop up (sunroof squeak) and I waited until something a little more urgent (seat belt recall) came up before bringing it back to the dealer and having everything taken care of at once. Despite the dealer location inconvenience I'm still glad I got the car.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Burning Brakes

my closest dealership is roughly 3 miles away.
Old 02-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Get it....I'll tell you. I have a 99 TL this is the first time I had something major go wrong. Everything else is fine. If Honda can do regular maintenance why not...Put it this way, you will probably have the only TL....in your neighborhood.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:27 AM
Intermediate

I called Acura customer service. They referred me to page 40 of the owner's manual that allows for work to be done on the car by other's than Acura shops. They preferred that it would be in a Honda shop, if possible. They asked me to call service managers to find out. They said that this option was available to consumers living more than 50 miles from an Acura dealership. The rep said that I would have to pay for the service upfront, but Acura would reimburse me for the work, if it was warranty work and not regular maintenance. The dealership also said that if my car needed to be towed ever, they would arrange a loaner car for me.

I have thought about getting the V6 Accord, but frankly, I think the TL and the Accord are like night and day. There's just a different feel to the cars in handling, power, smoothness of the gear shifting, sound levels and the looks. And yes, everyone owns an Accord. I strain to see TLs and have seen not more than 2-3 of them within a 50 mile radius. One of my customers told me to get a Lexus ES 300. That car does not come close to the TL, maybe to the Camry! So, I will buy the car of Feb. 23, 2002. I'm really psyched about it.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:46 AM
Racer

acura want's you to believe that their mechs. are the only ones who can properly service your car. any ASE certified mechanic who will sign off on your maintainence record will do just fine and maybe even cheaper....whoops! more cost effective. just be sure to keep all records just in case.........