My poor TL. she is hurtin....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:54 PM
lowrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My poor TL. she is hurtin....

well..i was coming home from work today.. the last day of my 6 day work week. i got off the highway and pulled up to the stop light (which was red) behind about 4 or 5 cars. i sat at the light for about 2 minutes before it turned green. once it turned green, the first 3 cars proceeded to go through the intersection. When the car in front of me let of her brakes. i was waiting for my turn to let off my brakes and drive home. before i could lift my foot off the brake pedal...BAM

Old 08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
OUCH! Sucks man. Is it just the bumper - or is there more damage?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:44 PM
lowrider

the trunk looks like it is bowed up on the top right..directly above the main part of the bumper she hit..and there is a dent almost on the bottom of the trunk where the latch would be...the taillight is kinda popped out but it looks as if it just got shifted from the bumper being hit right below it..if she had fucked my taillight up i would have been so much more pissed cause the dude who painted the taillights black and made em look so good. is no longer around..
the other issue which is more major, my right exhaust pipe looks like it is sagging some...which could be an issue..
thank god i dont have to spend a dime..but damn it still sucks to have to deal with this. have the value of the car go down...im just frustrated.

i have a question...since she has to pay for it all. am i gonna be able to get brand new OEM parts since thats what was on there and i want it to be fixed right..cause i dont want used or aftermarket shit on there. i want brand new.. OEM parts..
any info on that would be helpful.. thanks guys..thanks dan
Old 08-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 2 Posts
wow...this situation was similar to my first accident. i was coming to work at noticed everyone was slowing down at a yellow light so i proceded to slow down but this doctor (audi) behind was grabbing something under her seat. i stopped she was still going and BOOM. totaled my first car, 2000 Dodge Stratus.

its okay though all i got out of the accident was a minor neck strain and this beautiful low mileage 1999 Acura TL-P.

God is good...

i hope all is well with you though dude, are you hurt and i hope she is paying for the damages...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:11 PM
lowrider

luckily i am fine..cause i could have hurt my neck a little bit but i did not..and did not want to say i did. the lady was very nice and apologetic. at the time i did not care but i made sure to be nice and keep my cool..
her insurance will be paying for any and all damages..as well as my rental car so i can get to work since i work 20 miles away from my apartment..
Old 08-21-2010, 07:23 PM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
i'm sure others will chime in, but you have several options: have the car repaired at one of her insurance approved facilities (they pay directly to the facility depending on the insurance provider) or you can get the cash and have the work done by you or a shop of your choosing (sometimes more difficult to get more money once other damage is found beyond what the adjuster identifies). insurance companies prefer and may require aftermarket parts to keep the cost down.

oh, and remember the word diminished value. this is what you'll want to ask for after the repairs are completed. the value of your car has diminished because of the wreck and possibly resulting repairs if not done well. this will show up on a carfax most likely. people are sometimes less likely to purchase a car if it has been involved in a wreck - you should be compensated for that future event now. do not sign anything until you are satisfied with the repairs, medical expenses paid or reimbursed, and have the diminished value check in hand.

were you injured? if so, or you think you were, go to the doctor sooner rather than later. you or your insurance company will be reimbursed.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:25 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
get a check for it and hit me up. I got a guy that will fix it (fix it right) and leave some change in your pocket. go get an X-ray. it's on the other persons insurance
Old 08-22-2010, 06:02 PM
lowrider

Originally Posted by FirePR2002
i'm sure others will chime in, but you have several options: have the car repaired at one of her insurance approved facilities (they pay directly to the facility depending on the insurance provider) or you can get the cash and have the work done by you or a shop of your choosing (sometimes more difficult to get more money once other damage is found beyond what the adjuster identifies). insurance companies prefer and may require aftermarket parts to keep the cost down.

oh, and remember the word diminished value. this is what you'll want to ask for after the repairs are completed. the value of your car has diminished because of the wreck and possibly resulting repairs if not done well. this will show up on a carfax most likely. people are sometimes less likely to purchase a car if it has been involved in a wreck - you should be compensated for that future event now. do not sign anything until you are satisfied with the repairs, medical expenses paid or reimbursed, and have the diminished value check in hand.

were you injured? if so, or you think you were, go to the doctor sooner rather than later. you or your insurance company will be reimbursed.
well no matter where i do it..i will be getting a quote from classic collision which we use at my job for any body work..since i know a few people over there. i know the insurance company would want to go the cheapest route. but i have OEM parts on my car and since its her fault i wont allow them to put anything on there that is not of equal or greater quality than it was before she hit me.
we both have state farm insurance. and i will talk to my personal insurance adjuster since he knows me and i can explain everything to him. should i just talk to him about getting a check for the diminished value of my car? cause i did not know i could get a check for that. but it does make sense cause the car will go down in value now. i mean my necks a little sore from getting jerked forward. but nothing i thought was very major..it doesn't hurt necessarily but i can tell i got jerked a little bit since i was not tensed up or anything and did have my head thrown forward some. if i want to get checked out to be safe and maybe get some pain meds where is the best place for me to go to do that?

thanks for the help guys this is making it a lot easier for me to get this all done the RIGHT way so i can be 110% satisfied for the work and the reimbursement i receive.

Originally Posted by phee
get a check for it and hit me up. I got a guy that will fix it (fix it right) and leave some change in your pocket. go get an X-ray. it's on the other persons insurance
Does your buddy have a shop he does the work at? i had someone else tell me that and said he works out of his house. and i wont risk that.. i dont want to make money and have paint start peeling or be at all unsatisfied with the work. not saying your guy is in that category but i want to make sure i feel comfortable and satisfied with the decision i make and who to let do the work..
i think i will go to the doctor to get checked out just to be safe since my neck is sore. and its free for me! just not sure where to go
Old 08-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Sorry to see that your TL got hit man

Be safe just go get check up
Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately, the ****suckers from the insurance won't pay you anything extra besides the car being repaired to 'like pre accident condition'. Definitely try to get oem parts, but by law they're not obligated to use new oem parts even if it was their fault. It sucks, but that's how it is :/
Old 08-23-2010, 07:43 AM
lowrider

Originally Posted by sleepersho
Unfortunately, the ****suckers from the insurance won't pay you anything extra besides the car being repaired to 'like pre accident condition'. Definitely try to get oem parts, but by law they're not obligated to use new oem parts even if it was their fault. It sucks, but that's how it is :/
Oh i know they wont just give me extra money..but it would have been nice to make a little too. in the end i want my car fixed. fixed right. i will fight to the death of me to get OEM parts cause IMO my car nor I should have to suffer because of HER mistakes. and have the car fixed at LESS than honda standards if you know what i mean. I am going to call MY insurance adjuster in about 30 minutes when they open. and talk to him just to make sure he is in the loop about all this. Ill keep you guys updated on my progress and what the insurance adjusters tell me.
keep your fingers crossed for me!!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:14 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Does your buddy have a shop he does the work at? i had someone else tell me that and said he works out of his house. and i wont risk that.. i dont want to make money and have paint start peeling or be at all unsatisfied with the work. not saying your guy is in that category but i want to make sure i feel comfortable and satisfied with the decision i make and who to let do the work..
i think i will go to the doctor to get checked out just to be safe since my neck is sore. and its free for me! just not sure where to go[/QUOTE]

doz...i dont fuck with at-home shade tree mechs. of course he has a shop and a state-of-the art booth. he painted my whip!

his name is rick at prime collision in marietta
Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 AM
lowrider

haha fo sho phee. just making sure aint shit change with how you do things haha ill be in touch once all this insurance shit gets settled and i can start rolling with the work
Old 08-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks
Old 08-28-2010, 02:37 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Sorry.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
lowrider

just got my car back finally!! they did an amazing job! new OEM bumper...
however...after telling the guy over and over and over again not to fuck with my tail lights and to be careful..they scratched the hell out of them..i allowed them to try and sand the black paint off and re do them..knowing it would not work..and in the end when it did not work. the body shop is buying me 2 brand new OEM tail lights and giving me $100 to have them re painted..so i am not that unhappy anymore..not only will i have new tail lights..but they are paying to have them redone..the work they did on the body was phenomenal tho..amazing paint job especially matching the silver and they def wanted to make me happy in the end..
im just glad to have my car back to be honest..i had a rental car for 11 days and an 09 impala in bright red does not quite meet my TL standards haha
now i can work on getting my spacers and getting her hella flush
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Buffing pad probally got to them.
Funny you had a 09 impala and you was not happy with it compared to your tl.
I had a 2010 for a rental and it rode nice over bumps but,the 3.5 v6 had a serious lack of power.
When I got my car back it seamed faster than it did before I droped it off,For the first couple days anyway.