My new ride is FINALLY in!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 11:17 AM
All Hail the Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My new ride is FINALLY in!

After two long months of waiting, my car has finally arrived at the dealership! It is currently being prepped and dealer installed options being added.

Here are the specs to my new ride :

2003 TL-P
Nighthawk Black Pearl/Ebony Interior
Navigation System + OnStar
Acura OEM Spoiler, Wood & Leather Steering Wheel, Burlwood Shift Knob.

#1)Tint will hopefully come this weekend if I can find a good shop here in Tidewater...anyone????

#2) Wheels!....most likely will be the Zauber Gettin w/ lowering springs

#3) Improved sub....Kicker RMB8

#4) I want to convert my Navi to DVD/game player

I'll wait on a bodykit, sway bars, etc... until I see them in person, or in the case of suspension upgrades, ride in a car that has them to determine if they are worth the $.

I'll post pics once I find someone that will let me use their digital camera!

Tonight will be a very sleepless night!
Old 04-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Intermediate

Congrats! I couldn't sleep the night the before my car was ready either.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new ride. Did you sign up for onstar service?
Old 04-11-2002, 12:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

XPEL your Fog Lights now or forever regret it.
Old 04-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! Try to get some rest tonight because I am sure tomorrow you won't!
Old 04-11-2002, 01:09 PM
All Hail the Chief

Congrats on the new ride. Did you sign up for onstar service?
It comes with one year of free service. After that, it's up to you to sign up. I'll see if I really want it after a year, but hey, I'll enjoy the free year.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:43 PM
O.G.

What was your old car and why didn't you get the Type-S?

BTW, how much is the OnStar service after the year is over?

Congrats!!!
Old 04-11-2002, 04:54 PM
All Hail the Chief

What was your old car and why didn't you get the Type-S?
My old car was a '93 Mazda 626, the first car I ever bought! I didn't get the Type-S only because of cosmetics...namely the headrests and black wood and the costs to replace it. Just not for me. Otherwise I would have loved to be sporting 260 horses! Also, going from a Mazda 626 to a 225 HP TL, the power will be more than sufficient!

BTW, how much is the OnStar service after the year is over?
Pretty damn expensive if you ask me! I went to their website once, it was ~$20-$40 month depending on the service you choose. I'll take the free year though. But I don't ever forsee me locking my keys in the car and needing them to unlock it, or breaking down and having to call them since I have a cell phone, or asking them where the nearest ATM is b/c doesn't the NAVI do this?
Old 04-11-2002, 05:02 PM
BlingBling INSPIRE 32V

Congrats!!!

I really recomend to get the bodykit. I really love the look w/body kit specially 02 & 03 models.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by JPritch
or asking them where the nearest ATM is b/c doesn't the NAVI do this?
If they were smart, they would take out the ATM locations out of the NAVI.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Peach Tea

congrats on ur new ride! I know of a good tint shop around here, if you wanna come down to NN. the guy does an awesome job, its not that expensive, and he'll go as dark as you want. also, he gives a lifetime warranty.
now that you got a new TL, we need to get this meet going
Old 04-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Pro

There is a place off of Newtown rd and VA. Beach blvd, That did mine for 135.00. I can't think of the name, but i did get a life time warrenty. And the work excellent! There is another place on Military Hwy next to Greenbrier Volkswagen, they are good too. Congrats. Did you get yours from Riddle Acura?
Old 04-11-2002, 09:22 PM
All Hail the Chief

Did you get yours from Riddle Acura?
Hall Acura of Va. Beach. They won the price war!

QuietStorm, did you used to live around here or something? I live off of Battlefield Blvd S right after you get off of I-64.

BadAzzTL, the tint place you speak of...is it a business or a guy that just does this on the side? Give me the location...email me at PritchJ@towers.com

Anytime on the meet my friend! All you VA people need to speak up and get your A$$es down here sometime this summer!

And thanks everyone on the congrats! It's about time to go to bed, but I don't know if I'll fall asleep. I am supposed to pick the car up tommorow after work..but uh...I think I'll be sick after lunch!
Old 04-11-2002, 11:50 PM
It's Go-Time.

Whats the ETA on your Zaubers???
Old 04-11-2002, 11:58 PM
Peach Tea

BadAzzTL, the tint place you speak of...is it a business or a guy that just does this on the side? Give me the location...email me at PritchJ@towers.com

Anytime on the meet my friend! All you VA people need to speak up and get your A$$es down here sometime this summer!

You have mail
yes you VA people need to speak up!! anytime is cool with me:p Maybe we should try posting something in the acura tl meets forum
Old 04-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Congrats....I decided on the TL-P for the same reasons you did. My other car is a Chevy Cavilier...so 225HP is sufficient for me at this time.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts

My old car was a '93 Mazda 626, the first car I ever bought! I didn't get the Type-S only because of cosmetics...namely the headrests and black wood and the costs to replace it. Just not for me. Otherwise I would have loved to be sporting 260 horses! Also, going from a Mazda 626 to a 225 HP TL, the power will be more than sufficient!

Pretty damn expensive if you ask me! I went to their website once, it was ~$20-$40 month depending on the service you choose. I'll take the free year though. But I don't ever forsee me locking my keys in the car and needing them to unlock it, or breaking down and having to call them since I have a cell phone, or asking them where the nearest ATM is b/c doesn't the NAVI do this?
I have the 2002 TL-P, and agonized about whether or not to get the TL-S. I wanted the black interior but hated the BB trim. I also preferred the smoother ride of the TL-P, and it is quieter. As you also point out, 225 HP is sufficient. A Co-worker has a 2002 CL-S and I drove it today. The power advantage is very noticeable , but I still prefer the ride of the TL-P. Now I am older than many of these young whippersnappers on this board, and as such I prefer the smoother ride. I do not regret my purchase, and congratulations, I am sure you will not regret yours.
Old 04-13-2002, 08:17 AM
All Hail the Chief

Talking Picked it up last night!

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. This is such a beautiful car, I am at a loss for words!

I went to the dealership yesterday after work (well actually I had to leave early because my "girlfriend's car broke down and I had to go and pick her up" yah. ) They had it under the canopy waiting for me, but the paperwork, trade-in valuation, etc... took about two hours. The sales manager was out, so another guy was filling in and he kept having trouble getting the printer to print within the blocks on the paperwork. Not a problem though.

Just talked to a couple salespeople and my salesperson while I was waiting...just shooting the breeze.

In the time I was in there, three people came up and asked salesmen about my car!!!! Mine was the only one that was blk/blk w/ navi on the lot.

No tricks, no games. I was never asked about an extended warranty, and they didn't push any extra "packages" on me. They gained my trust.

So anyways, I'm now officially a TL owner, and loving every second of it!@ I have to go b/c I'm about to go driving again! At this pace, I'll have the break-in period nailed by Monday!

Later!
Old 04-14-2002, 07:27 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Picked it up last night!

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. This is such a beautiful car, I am at a loss for words!

I went to the dealership yesterday after work (well actually I had to leave early because my "girlfriend's car broke down and I had to go and pick her up" yah. ) They had it under the canopy waiting for me, but the paperwork, trade-in valuation, etc... took about two hours. The sales manager was out, so another guy was filling in and he kept having trouble getting the printer to print within the blocks on the paperwork. Not a problem though.

Just talked to a couple salespeople and my salesperson while I was waiting...just shooting the breeze.

In the time I was in there, three people came up and asked salesmen about my car!!!! Mine was the only one that was blk/blk w/ navi on the lot.

No tricks, no games. I was never asked about an extended warranty, and they didn't push any extra "packages" on me. They gained my trust.

So anyways, I'm now officially a TL owner, and loving every second of it!@ I have to go b/c I'm about to go driving again! At this pace, I'll have the break-in period nailed by Monday!

Later!
Excellent, and I want to tell you, I bought the anthracite, as the black exterior in Canada only comes with the parchment interior, which I hate. If the black on black combo was availiable, thats what I would have had. I even considered getting a TL-S because you could get it in that combination. Enjoy you're ride. I have had mine for 8 months and still love it.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:25 PM
Banned

Re: Picked it up last night!

Later!
Welcome JP! I got mine last thursday, and I have been extremely pleased ever since!! I have an antracite metallic TL-P without nav. I didn't want a harsh ride at all thats why I didn't even look at a TL-S! Besides, the TLP is plenty fast if you ask me! Enjoy your acura! Drive safely and gently during break-in!