Moving from 2002TLS to Chrysler 300C - Good Idea?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:50 AM
mushroom mushroom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the last time I was in Las Vegas I rented a 300 and I wasn't all that impressed.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:07 PM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A buddy of mine from high school and I use dto use his mother's car a lot to get around. I swear to god it was the slowest thing on the planet, a 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel 4sp. Bamboo was quicker than this thing.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tom Blasing
Not to be picky but it's Hamtramck. It's also a real nasty part of town too, kind of Harlem-esk.
Thanks for the correction, I heard about the part of town... kind of scary. :sqnteek:
Old 06-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by indoMFP
Buick?!?!?! What the fuck? Do I look like Tiger Woods? :fingerfawk: Man, if I drove a buick I would be the laughing stock at my grandparents retirement center... Now, Cadillac, that my friend is a different story..... I think I would only drive very few domestic cars, among them some cadillacs (STS, DTS, Escalade... yeah, just like in the rap videos), maybe an older generation Impala SS with the LS1 or LS2 engines, a corvette...... and lastly a corvette.... man can those things haul ass....
Cannot say I don't blame you, I did say I was kidding - reliability is obviously not quite everything. Otherwise, we would all be out and buying Toyota Corolla's!

Some Caddys are better than others, and others are plain miserable (I am sure plenty will speak to that effect). In any case, got to be careful. The Impala does well, though.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Drifting

My co-worker's son is on his second 300m, the first one kept stalling on the highway frequently. It finally stalled while he was going 75mph he demanded another one. The second would only start when it felt like it so he's getting his money back. Only one case in a billion but it goes to show all manufacturer's have problems.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MADCAT
I think the opposite will happen. The car is so ugly and un-youthful that it will be a failure like their new Pacifica...does anybody remember the Pacifica? It's been out less than a year, and it could be the worst selling car I have ever seen.

And the its been 2-3 months since the intro of the 300C...and in total I have seen 5 in the downtown Toronto area. Heck, I have seen more ugly 5 series than this car.

Crysler had a great cahnce to make a great sports sedan with Hemi power...yet they make this grandpa car...
The worst car in the world is the pontiac aztec
Old 09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
The new 300 series is a hot car, period!
Ed
Old 09-12-2004, 03:57 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by john32
The worst car in the world is the pontiac aztec

That's an ignorant statement. The design may not be for everyone, but the interior was laid out with some thought, and was very versatile. Also, the Versatrak system works pretty darn well, although it wasn't meant for serious offroading, obviously.

The worst car in history would be a toss-up between the Yugo and the Pinto.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:01 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

if your over 40 i say go for the 300c cause u probly wont live long enough to be around for the problems..lmao j/k
Old 09-14-2004, 10:02 PM
NiGhT rIdEr

i just cant stand the 300c..everyone likes it cause they say it looks like a bently......its a damn DODGE!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:45 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
That's an ignorant statement. The design may not be for everyone, but the interior was laid out with some thought, and was very versatile. Also, the Versatrak system works pretty darn well, although it wasn't meant for serious offroading, obviously.

The worst car in history would be a toss-up between the Yugo and the Pinto.

Actually GM has actually said the Astek was a bad decision. The exterior was just too drastic of a change from anything out at the time. Now it loos like the Avalanche in a way. They actually gave alot of their corperate execs an astek for a bonus..... considering they (execs) were not allowed to sel them....the majority of them were given back!!! lololol
Old 09-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Banned

2005 acura RL 300 hp awd nuf said
Old 09-14-2004, 11:08 PM
Advanced

300C looks great, but it's Chrysler. I would go for Jap Car.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:56 AM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Umm, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth are notorius for lack of quality and workmanship. I wouldn't do it. I know the TL's depreciate slightly more than the avg high end import car, but they will still hold value better. Not only that, but I drove a 300 with a Hemi. Very, very disappointed. I was expecting it to pin me into the seat...shoot, the TL seems hella faster off the jump. Plus, the brand new 300 I test drove, rattled and squeaked more than Michael Jackson in a room full of young boys.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Banned

You know what American Car was hot? The last generation Chevrolet Impala SS. Damn that thing is scary fast. 5.7-liter) V8. Too bad the styling wasn’t better.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:39 AM
Intermediate

I come from a family who only bought American cars, but after working for a Honda dealership and now American Honda and after driving a 2000 TL, I would never go back. Honda/Acura's are awesome for performance, reliability, etc. No other non-luxury brand is better. Toyota/Lexus you cant beat either. Even though they may have treated you poorly at the Lexus dealership, I would give them another chance, or at least the product...hit up a different store this time. Also you may want to check out the Infiniti M45 or soemthing like that if you dont like the G35. I'm not sure how much money you have to play with, but you may want to check out the BMWs, but FYI lots more money that your TLS for the same stuff, hp, etc.

that's my 2 cents.

MJ
Old 09-16-2004, 02:46 AM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by CJITTY
I was expecting it to pin me into the seat...shoot, the TL seems hella faster off the jump.
I don't know what you are talking about. The 300C is considerably faster than a TL, especially off the line.

Originally Posted by MADCAT
You know what American Car was hot? The last generation Chevrolet Impala SS. Damn that thing is scary fast. 5.7-liter) V8. Too bad the styling wasn’t better.
You mean it was POTENTIALLY scary fast? Also, as you stated, the styling was a little lacking both inside and out. The 300C, IMO, is a pretty damn good looking car.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by goldendragon576
still a chrysler but with German engineering!
I'd consider the 300c, I really like the styling but I don't think for every day. I like the sportiness to my TL.

The only true worth of German engineering are cars made in Germany. That is the same thing that they said about the Cadilac STS and every new car that came out there. How about the German engineered Catera from an Opel background? Their marketing scheme would attempt to take you away from the American car mentality and give you a pseudo-peace of mind that "hey I'm driving a German engineered car!". Tell that to the proud VW Jetta owners who are faced with expensive repair bills with their German engineered people's car made in Mexico. The only true dependable German egineered car is the Porsche 'coz the company backs their products up and their design is unmatched.

Personally, I would not touch the 300C or any first year model car out there. Even the 04 TL. All new cars are nice, simply 'coz they're all NEW. If you want to be a test bed and develop your keen relationship with the Daimler-Chrysler group of companies and their impeccable customer care then by all means. Just make sure you buy a pack of pens and binder refills to note down problems and if you do need to go to small claims court.

I've owned three Chryslers and have faced the same problem with their cars- inferior quality, poor mechanical components and lackluster customer care, even with their Gold Plan extended warranty, THEY dictate the stipulations when you claim, not you. Too many fine prints hide many things- primarily BAD products. Ford and GM are not very far behind. If a company spends way too much on marketing and not on proper R&D, there's something wrong. But they don't fix the problem. They just "develop" a new car hoping that the problems of old quietly go away. And the stunning car commercials will compensate for that.

It's not the German engineering, and it's not the 10-year warranty (a-la Hyundai). It's how the product will stand the test of time and backed up by caring for their customers even on the long run. I'd say 5 to 7 years down the road, I want to hear from the 300C owner who went for this hyped-up car and ask what their opinions are. This will go down the road of the Intrepid where it will just blend in with the rest of the bad autos on the road.

And by the way, it's FAST.............