Might sell my 99TL....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Might sell my 99TL....

Well my friends,

I have made quite a few friends here and all of you have helped me out in one way or another with my TL.

Just like to say thanks.

I am seriuosly thinking of selling the TL.

It is nice and has about 95K on it runs good like lot of the feature's on it but I do not want to replace tranny out of my pocket.

I had the car almost two years and did only brakes once and minor tune up besides that it has been reliable but hence another car will probably park in the garage.

I am not sure at the moment of what I will buy but nothing over 15K

I have thought about an Mitsubishi Convertible anyone know their forum?

Lexus GS but a little expensive want to buy something with less than 50k on odometer

BMW 3 series also prob. out of budget.

I liked the Lincoln LS at the auto show. Have to think about more? American car and would it be reliable?

I also like the Mazada 6 the new body style but that too would be $ at my current budget.

Anyone else who could help with the choices like pro and cons.

Thanks
Old 05-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Racer

any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I was in a similar boat when I got my car...I mean the budget one. Just hard to find anything as good as the TL for the price unless you can get a killer deal on a BMW 325 or something, good luck though.

BTW, if you tranny was going to go, Im sure it would have by now so dont sell the car just for that. You will end up losing money most likely.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:58 AM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if your in the 15K area, that allows for a lot. I personally would never buy an american car, or a mitsubishi. If i had to buy a 15K car, i would prob look at the ES300, Mazda 6, or a CL-S. If you go the GS300 or the Bimmer way, your not going to get a warranty and the miles will be high.

Otherwise, good luck and were glad you enjoyed ur ride!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Racer

The mitsubishi did not have the Quality test drove today power is ok.

I will check on the Mazda 6

Anyone want to help out with the decision process all input appreciated
Old 05-06-2004, 12:15 AM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how bout a new 03 TL-s or an 04 (might be expensive). But if you are getting rid of your 99 how bout a type-s (I love Acura).
Old 05-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TLNY
The mitsubishi did not have the Quality test drove today power is ok.

I will check on the Mazda 6

Anyone want to help out with the decision process all input appreciated
I still have no idea why you are getting rid of your TL...is it payed off? if so you are crazy to get rid of a perfectly fine car and get into payments! But if your mind is set, good luck
Old 05-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Car Shopping

Originally Posted by TLNY
Well my friends,

I have made quite a few friends here and all of you have helped me out in one way or another with my TL.

Just like to say thanks.

I am seriuosly thinking of selling the TL.

It is nice and has about 95K on it runs good like lot of the feature's on it but I do not want to replace tranny out of my pocket.

I had the car almost two years and did only brakes once and minor tune up besides that it has been reliable but hence another car will probably park in the garage.

I am not sure at the moment of what I will buy but nothing over 15K

I have thought about an Mitsubishi Convertible anyone know their forum?

Lexus GS but a little expensive want to buy something with less than 50k on odometer

BMW 3 series also prob. out of budget.

I liked the Lincoln LS at the auto show. Have to think about more? American car and would it be reliable?

I also like the Mazada 6 the new body style but that too would be $ at my current budget.

Anyone else who could help with the choices like pro and cons.

Thanks
Dunno anything about the Mitsu, but I heard that they have kept their reliability for years.

Speaking of reliability, the 3 Series Bimmer has some reliability issues. Consumer's mag even put it as "not recommended" for a few years until they had their act straight. Same thing with the Audi A4.

Lincoln LS shares the same platform and engine as the Jaguar S-Type if that's gonna make you feel better. The thing with N/A cars is that you might get a good car, but the service definitely suck.

Mazda (another Ford company) has kept some nice aspects of the old trusty Millennia. The Mazda 6 uses the Millennia E-Link rear suspension setup and I heard it's OK. Just don't count on a good resale value. Think of it as a "Japanized" American car.

The Lexus GS, even used still commands a hefty price tag (great resale), a good, well-maintained 5-series would be a good car too. An IS300 may be worth checking out. An earlier model 528/ 530 may be good too if the price is right.

If you don't mind staying with Honda, a good used Accord V6 or even a TSX 6M would be nice. I'd take these any day over any 3 Series (except the M3).

Grab a copy of the Consumer's Magazine Car Buyer's guide. It will be invaluable for years to come. They have a neat section where the car's history is stated in which problems were encountered during previous years. And if they were fixed or not. Also Edmunds.com is a good source of car feedback and I've heard they keep track of prices too.

Good Luck......
Old 05-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Racer

Thanks Vicman for the great info.

Yeah I was looking at a 03 TL type-s non nav for 23K with around under 25k don't remember the exact mileage.

Well the search is not over yet it is more expensive but I have to think about it.

thanks again