Make me feel better about my nitrous purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 03:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make me feel better about my nitrous purchase

OK just bought a NX kit with gen 2 upgrade for 545 shipped to my door.

Everyones giving me mixed feelings towards it .. about how dangerous it is

I cant imagine it would be terrible if i dyno tune it to get the right a/f down, hmmm im only planning on running a 50 shot

anyone offer insight ?
Old 09-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Nitrous is safe as long as it's properly installed and dyno-tuned by a knowledgeable and experienced professional.

Only idiots blow up engines on nitrous because they push the limit.

50-shot will be just fine, from what I've researched and been told.

One question, though -- did you get a dry or a wet system?
Old 09-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Banned

wet system of course .. heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...hippingPayment

got a pretty good deal too .. im just nervous something will go wrong .. even though im sure it wont
Old 09-12-2004, 10:24 AM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Someone is running a 125 shot on their TLS on their site.....you should be fine with a 50 shot as long as your careful.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:25 AM
ASSEMBLED TO PERFECTION

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude dont worry about it, I had a 60 shot on my 95 accord which only had 130 hp stock, and it handled it perfect, i had it for about a year on the car. You can go 50% of ur stock hp without a problem being stock. So on my accord highest i could have ran without upgrades would have been 65shot (half of 130).
Damn it lol thanks for reminding me about nitrous now i miss it hehe, that shit was fun, the funnest part was peoples expression when i would race them and beat them. and my car only had an intake. Last race i did was against a new eclipse thats when it first came out (V6 one). I beat him by like a car or car and half, we got another lite hes like daym man wat the hell u got in ur car. and I purged and he was like o hell no loll
Have fun with ur nitrous.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:27 PM
Racer

if your worried at all, you should upgrade your spark plugs. its not needed running a 50 shot. but itll make you feel a little better, plus its another cheap mod. i went with zex plugs, but mostly because i had a zex kit. check around to see what plugs you perfer. you can spray your 50 shot once a day, everyday for the next 5 years, and your motor will be fine.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i have a serious NOOB NOS question for you guys. lets say i get the wet kit. what if i spray it on the highway? at high rpms just to say pass people on the highway. can i decelerate and accelerate at will? how long will one spray take me? i dont know if NOS is needed for my application. i dont really race people on a track or streets. im jus a need for speed driver that goes from md to ny very often but i want my tl to be very fast.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Racer

spraying at high speeds is the worst thing you can do. your rpms are already relativly high. and your engine is basically working at full power. to force nitrous on your engine will put a ton of strain on it and i wouldnt suggest it. im sure once in a blue moon wouldnt kill the motor. but it certainly is not what nos is intended for. most of the nos horror stories ive heard are kids in thier civics, topping out the car and then spraying nitrous to give them a few more mph on the highway that there car would never be able to do without the nos, than bam
Old 09-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by superballs
spraying at high speeds is the worst thing you can do. your rpms are already relativly high. and your engine is basically working at full power. to force nitrous on your engine will put a ton of strain on it and i wouldnt suggest it. im sure once in a blue moon wouldnt kill the motor. but it certainly is not what nos is intended for. most of the nos horror stories ive heard are kids in thier civics, topping out the car and then spraying nitrous to give them a few more mph on the highway that there car would never be able to do without the nos, than bam

Can you say... The Fast and The Ferious??? lol... I'm not knocking on your nitous kit... i plan to hook one up just for fun... but when "superballs" replied it reminded me of the movie...lol...
Old 09-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
Nitrous is safe as long as it's properly installed and dyno-tuned by a knowledgeable and experienced professional.

Only idiots blow up engines on nitrous because they push the limit.

50-shot will be just fine, from what I've researched and been told.

One question, though -- did you get a dry or a wet system?
Although dyno tuning is not needed. It is very hard to dyno a car on juice. Press the lil red button and that instant power usually causes wheel spin on the rollers.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by tpatel
i have a serious NOOB NOS question for you guys. lets say i get the wet kit. what if i spray it on the highway? at high rpms just to say pass people on the highway. can i decelerate and accelerate at will? how long will one spray take me? i dont know if NOS is needed for my application. i dont really race people on a track or streets. im jus a need for speed driver that goes from md to ny very often but i want my tl to be very fast.
LOLOLOLOLOL NOOB NOS QUESTION.

Yes it is possible but not good for your motor. Theres usually an activation/arming switch, and all it takes for the NAAAAAAWWSSSS to kick once it has been activated is usually full throttle on the pedal WOT.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro

dyno tune? blah-thank obd for prepairing your fuel mixture. 75shot is pretty much the limit. i know a couple guys in miami with tls and nos... no1s blown there engine on 75, but ive heard someone killed there shit with 110. remember you might have enough fuel but we still have aluminum piston heads there not going to be able to handle all the heat and presure of shooting big shots.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by elah
remember you might have enough fuel but we still have aluminum piston heads there not going to be able to handle all the heat and presure of shooting big shots.
Oh please, having aluminum heads has nothing to do with "heat and pressure of shotting big shots" and is not the reason for blowing motors. Plenty of engines out there are 100% all aluminum and spray much larger shots than that.

With proper ignition timing and fuel delivery a 100 WET shot will be safe. Just don't expect to slap on a bottle and a 100 shot nozzle and think your car can handle it.