looking for type s

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 01:19 PM

Talking looking for type s

hello everyone, I am 23 and looking to buy my first car(type s) how should i go about barganing with the dealer.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2001, 01:48 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
E-mail me and I will give you all the resources you will ever need. I got the dealers out bidding eachother before I even stepped onto the lot. I knocked off about 4K right off the back.

steve.ka@sktechnologies.com

------------------
Those who know, don't talk.
Old 05-04-2001, 01:50 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

It really depends on which state are you located.

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type S
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Parchment Leather
Old 05-04-2001, 02:05 PM

i live in the washington D.C. area

Originally posted by madskills:
hello everyone, I am 23 and looking to buy my first car(type s) how should i go about barganing with the dealer.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2001, 02:10 PM
Instructor

Always check out a couple of dealers and gather the quotes, monthly pmts. Then go to the first one you went telling the lowest quote you got (stating them a reasonably lower quote that you were actually told). My cousin is a dealer, he told me the tricks. Always push for the freebies (wheel locks, spoiler, moonroof visor,etc.), but don't mention it too much.

For example: I got a quote from last dealer for $31,500. I went to the first one I test drove the car and told them that another dealership offered me the same car for $31,200. If you guys can beat that by $100-200, I'll get it from you. Don't let them pressure you. No matter how "low" the deal they'll give you, dealership will always make money.

You have to show them that you don't have time to waste with the salesperson. I went straight to the General Manager. I dealt only through GM. A lot of these guys are real dicks, but you be a dick to them too.
I told the GM straight up, if you want me to buy the car from here, I deal straight with you.

Don't fall for the quote, "if we give a good deal, are you ready to drive the car off today?" Say, it all depends what kind of deal are you gonna give me. Don't let those guys walk all over you, like they do to the majority of buyers. Be cool.

------------------
2002 TL-S Aegean Blue Pearl. Underbody Kit, Spoiler

"260 Horsepower of maximum performance. This is BLUE SUNSHINE!" - Thunderkiss '02
Sweet!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 02:19 PM

which dealer did you get your car from?

Originally posted by ssokol91:
Always check out a couple of dealers and gather the quotes, monthly pmts. Then go to the first one you went telling the lowest quote you got (stating them a reasonably lower quote that you were actually told). My cousin is a dealer, he told me the tricks. Always push for the freebies (wheel locks, spoiler, moonroof visor,etc.), but don't mention it too much.

For example: I got a quote from last dealer for $31,500. I went to the first one I test drove the car and told them that another dealership offered me the same car for $31,200. If you guys can beat that by $100-200, I'll get it from you. Don't let them pressure you. No matter how "low" the deal they'll give you, dealership will always make money.

You have to show them that you don't have time to waste with the salesperson. I went straight to the General Manager. I dealt only through GM. A lot of these guys are real dicks, but you be a dick to them too.
I told the GM straight up, if you want me to buy the car from here, I deal straight with you.

Don't fall for the quote, "if we give a good deal, are you ready to drive the car off today?" Say, it all depends what kind of deal are you gonna give me. Don't let those guys walk all over you, like they do to the majority of buyers. Be cool.
Old 05-04-2001, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by madskills:
which dealer did you get your car from?

I got it from Frankel Acura in Cockeysville. It's around Towson area. They are closest to my work and home. But I was checking out Rosenthal in Gaithersburg, Tischer in Laurel, and West in Ellicott City.
Old 05-04-2001, 02:24 PM
Instructor

Rosenthal gives great deals, but I want it to get the car closer to home. So I was bargaining with them for about a week.
Old 05-04-2001, 02:47 PM
Just agree and go away...

Talking

I just told my dealer what I wanted to pay and if he didn't give it to me, I was sure that another dealer would. TL-S non navi for 31,000 flat with spoiler and wheel locks thrown in...

I was happy with my deal

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LargeOne
2002 TL-S Nighthawk Black/Ebony Non-Navi
Old 05-04-2001, 11:10 PM
Intermediate

Talking

Hey ssokol91 did you get the type S with Navi. What was your final price ? I just picked up my silver type S with navi, moonroof visor, mudguard, and wheel lock form Tischer. Trying to figure out if I got a good deal .Going to buy the WW rear spoiler next. Did you get a Acura pin strip on your TL-S???
Old 05-05-2001, 11:40 PM
Racer

Did a fax attack to dealers in my area of so cal.

Paid 31,200 for TL-S with nav including dest.

Out the door with tax(7.5%) license 465.00 was just over 34,000

Good luck, you could do better IMO