Late night murder

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 04:22 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Late night murder

K, its was about 2am, and i was heading back from a junk food run. and i was sitting at the light... tired out of my mind. and this damn porshce pulls up to me. from the side i couldn't tell what kind it was... guy lowers his window and says hey, wanna race? of course i think the TL-s is great but im not stupid. (the guy was in his mid to late 40s.. ) i said you're kidding right? he laughed and said he was just messing..... he had just bought his daughter this car and was wondering how fast it was. i asked him if that was the 911 turbo, with a big grin he said yeah, just got it a month ago. (lucky bastard). light turns green we just drive....to the next light. there i asked him on this green to gun it, just curious how ridiculously fast a near-4 sec car is. he said sure.. but he said i would have to try and keep up with him. (ok, keep up... the most im going to keep up with this guy is when we are stopped) since no one was around, i said sure why not. long story short, before he was in 2nd gear i could see his exhaust. damn that car is fast.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:18 AM
Instructor

and the car's gonna be wasted on a 16-18 year old girl that probably can't drive and chew gum at the same time...is there no justice?
Old 01-01-2002, 10:24 AM
Advocatus Diaboli

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Son of a Gun! When I was that age I thought getting a Buick Le Sabre was a big deal. A Porsche... never in my wildest dreams.
Lucky kid!
Old 01-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Drifting

<rant>
I've never been a fan of giving inexperienced drivers any kind of muscle cars in the first place. Some parents don't know what kind of danger they put their kids in; Some of those cars get away from you so fast you'll be in trouble before you realize it.
</rant>
Old 01-01-2002, 10:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Late night murder

Originally posted by chrism7855
K, its was about 2am, and i was heading back from a junk food run. and i was sitting at the light... tired out of my mind. and this damn porshce pulls up to me. from the side i couldn't tell what kind it was... guy lowers his window and says hey, wanna race? of course i think the TL-s is great but im not stupid. (the guy was in his mid to late 40s.. ) i said you're kidding right? he laughed and said he was just messing..... he had just bought his daughter this car and was wondering how fast it was. i asked him if that was the 911 turbo, with a big grin he said yeah, just got it a month ago. (lucky bastard). light turns green we just drive....to the next light. there i asked him on this green to gun it, just curious how ridiculously fast a near-4 sec car is. he said sure.. but he said i would have to try and keep up with him. (ok, keep up... the most im going to keep up with this guy is when we are stopped) since no one was around, i said sure why not. long story short, before he was in 2nd gear i could see his exhaust. damn that car is fast.
Hey bud,

What area do you live in that parent buy their 16-20 year old daughters $100,000 supercars?
Old 01-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Bada Bing

He never stated how old the daughter is....if this guy was 50 and had his daughter at the age of 20 then his daughter would be 30. Or if her followed my parents...they are now 48, had me when they were 23...making me 25. Don't get me wrong I still think it's digusting that a parent will buy their kids a new car period, let alone a Porsche. My parents alrways said if you want it then you buy it...go figure!

Daverman: You know as well as I do that it doesn't matter what you're driving...when you're young and inexperienced a Yugo is just as dangerous as a Porsche. I had an '80 Toyota Tercel hatchback as my 1st car and bought myself a brand new '93 Mazda Miata Limited Edition for my 2nd car and traded that in a year later for a '93 Nissan 300ZX...I got into equal amts of trouble with all 3 cars.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:30 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Late night murder

Originally posted by PeterUbers

Hey bud,

What area do you live in that parent buy their 16-20 year old daughters $100,000 supercars?

ok, all, maybe you read wrong. the old man was driving the porshce.. he said he had just bought his daughter the TL-s.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:32 PM
Racer

Exclamation

if the old man bought his daughter a porshce.. i would be beggin the guy to adopt me. He wanted to see how fast the TL-s was because he had just boughted his daughter it.... he mentioned he got the blue one, wanted the silver but couldn't wait.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:44 PM
TL Type-S Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, I can understand that. The TL-S was my high school graduation present and I cherish it. Also, I just detailed my car yesterday and I was wondering if it is just me or does everyone get a great feeling in their stomach when they know their baby is lookin hot.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Late night murder

Originally posted by chrism7855
LoLz, Ha ha, I just read your title and the first few words and thought you witnessed a murder!
Old 01-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Pro

Originally posted by mbeebe
Ok, I can understand that. The TL-S was my high school graduation present and I cherish it. Also, I just detailed my car yesterday and I was wondering if it is just me or does everyone get a great feeling in their stomach when they know their baby is lookin hot.
I didnt get jack sh*t for graduation.
Old 01-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Comptech Freak

i got a TL as my 18th birthday present

a yr before HS graduation
Old 01-03-2002, 01:17 AM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
wow, that's even worse than about some high school punk a couple of my cuz's know who got a brand new Jaguar XJR after he f**ked the engine of his Jaguar S-Type b/c he was constantly driving 120+ mph, even before he broke it in.....assuming the Porsche was for the girl
Old 01-03-2002, 02:39 AM
Comptech Freak

oh..there are whole bunch of rich asians in Toronto...the kids get whatever they want...BMW, WRX, RSX, Lexus

i am those who classify as poor...lots of them have a much more expensive car...(we are in debt)

an 18 yr old driving in a TL? um...doesn't fit compare with a BMW
Old 01-03-2002, 07:54 AM
Banned

What high school does his daughter go to
Old 02-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys haven't even seen the BEGINNING of spoiled rich kids... my high school parking lot would probably make half of you shit yourselves (and I was stuck ridin the bus... ohhhh yeah )... brand new Evos, STIs, Jaguars (hard and drop-top), all the high-end European imports were extremely well-represented, escalades, moded nissans and hondas (not so many acuras, tho, except for one Integra), a few porsches (911s, boxsters), some mustangs, SUVs until you're shitting the ozone layer out your ass, etc... yeah, there are plenty of normal cars there, but the fact that there were sooo many KIDS driving these cars was insane... Potomac and McLean are two of the richest areas in the entire country (basically the same place, except there's the Potomac and the VA-MD border separating the two) and I lived in bethesda right by potomac, went to high school with kids from the area (Whitman) and dated a girl a few years back from McLean who had friends who were some of the richest people I knew (like, kids with allowances of $1000/WEEK, or kids who had millions in inherritance from some dead relative coming in) talk about ABSURD
Old 02-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Go Brewers!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, think about how much less money your cost too... And other than the few situations like that when you roll up next to a Porsche, we're sitting well in comparison. (Plus our insurance premiums are cheaper)

...If you haven't guessed, i'm a bit of a penny pincher...

But hey, i'd take the opportunity to get my arse wasted by a new porsche too, can't blame ya there.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
this thread is 5 years old...
Old 02-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf... how did this show up in new threads?! swear to God I pressed find new posts and was just browsing through what was there and tried to comment on this... damn... sorry
Old 02-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Lamborghini Aventador FTW

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
Yeah that is weird. Don't worry about it, I don't know why that happened.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking about street racing (albeit half-hearted in this case) ... generally frowned upon on most forums. Due to its age (ie Porsche 996 vs TL-S ... this thread is 5 yrs old!) Thread closed.

PS Nice to read some threads and responses by the OG.