Just ordered my TL Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 11:04 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my TL Yesterday

I ordered a Black/Parchment TL (non S) from North Toronto.

They quoted the lower price of the few places we visited even though the other dealers seemd more friendly.

Unfortunately we have to wait ATLEAST a month to get it. It will be constructed on Aug. 17 and they said it could take a few weeks after that for it to arrive. Is this normal??

They tried to sell us the extra protectant but we said we'll wait before deciding. But thanks to this board I realized that the paint and leather protection is bogus. Also I just asked my Corrosion professor about the rust protection technology they use. He said that the waxed/tar based systems have major issues and not to get it.

Can't wait to finally drive it though.

BTW on the way back from the dealership I saw this ricerocket driven by a young girl (around 20). She had a tin can muffler, lowered suspension and was tailgating everyone. I am pleased to say I had no problem keeping up with her im my 1992 FORD TEMPO. he he.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:07 AM
Instructor

damn thats a long wait. i talked to marissa at sussman acura near philly and she said that it would take at least 8-10 weeks for them to get a ABP TL-S with navigation. i guess ill have to find another dealership.

amish
Old 07-26-2001, 02:17 PM
Advanced

8-10 Weeks!!!! Wow that is a really long time.

I'm sure the wait is almost the same everywhere for the Agean Blue.
Old 07-26-2001, 02:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

I had to wait two days for my ABP non-NAV TL-S to be located and shipped. Rick Case Acura (Fort Lauderdale, FL) got it from Naples Acura (Naples, FL) and had it trucked to them.

Signed the papers on Sunday, picked up the car Tuesday night.

That Sunday I noticed they had trucked in another ABP non-NAV TL-S and it was marked "SOLD" as was an ABP NAV TL-S they had on the lot.

The only other ABP vehicles they had were CL's.
Old 07-26-2001, 08:34 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Just ordered my TL Yesterday

Originally posted by Malcolm
I ordered a Black/Parchment TL (non S) from North Toronto.

They quoted the lower price of the few places we visited even though the other dealers seemd more friendly.

Unfortunately we have to wait ATLEAST a month to get it. It will be constructed on Aug. 17 and they said it could take a few weeks after that for it to arrive. Is this normal??

They tried to sell us the extra protectant but we said we'll wait before deciding. But thanks to this board I realized that the paint and leather protection is bogus. Also I just asked my Corrosion professor about the rust protection technology they use. He said that the waxed/tar based systems have major issues and not to get it.

Can't wait to finally drive it though.

BTW on the way back from the dealership I saw this ricerocket driven by a young girl (around 20). She had a tin can muffler, lowered suspension and was tailgating everyone. I am pleased to say I had no problem keeping up with her im my 1992 FORD TEMPO. he he.
That seems too long. In fact, I bought my TL one month ago, and it took less than two weeks. In fact if I had wanted a black/parchment, Acura 2000 (Brampton) had it in stock. I wanted the anthracite, because I wanted the black interior, and as you probably know, in Canada, you cannot get a black on black (only isn the USA). I thought about your colours, but my wife nixed the parchment interior. A few weeks after buying my car, we saw a black/parchment, and she says " I like that, maybe we should have got that". Anyway I still like my colour. You will love it.
Old 08-14-2001, 04:07 PM

Hey Malcolm,

I ordered mine (Black/Parchment TL) on Aug 1st from Downtown Acura (wasn't really impressed with the guys from North Toronto or the long wait for production). Production was on the second, VIN # on the 3rd, delivery is anyday now .

About 2 weeks after production is a normal delivery window although earlier is possible.

Going nuts with anticipation!! Can't wait to get that call!!
Old 08-15-2001, 11:14 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by scorpion
Hey Malcolm,

I ordered mine (Black/Parchment TL) on Aug 1st from Downtown Acura (wasn't really impressed with the guys from North Toronto or the long wait for production). Production was on the second, VIN # on the 3rd, delivery is anyday now .

About 2 weeks after production is a normal delivery window although earlier is possible.

Going nuts with anticipation!! Can't wait to get that call!!
That's pretty good. Hope mine isn't delayed. :-(
Did the dealer say approx how long it will be before you get the car?

I'm going to the seminar at North Toronto for new Acura dealers. They show you all the features of your car. Would be better if I brought my car with me. But it should be interesting anyway.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by Malcolm
That's pretty good. Hope mine isn't delayed. :-(
Did the dealer say approx how long it will be before you get the car?
I spoke with them yesterday, they have received about 60 cars in the past two days (mainly CL and RSX) and expecting more. Basically said anytime with mid next week as the latest for delivery (24-48hrs to get the PDI completed).

If you don't mind posting any points you found interesting from the seminar, I would appreciate it.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:29 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by scorpion

I spoke with them yesterday, they have received about 60 cars in the past two days (mainly CL and RSX) and expecting more. Basically said anytime with mid next week as the latest for delivery (24-48hrs to get the PDI completed).

If you don't mind posting any points you found interesting from the seminar, I would appreciate it.
Sure can.

They'll probaby mention pretty much what I have already learned from this website.