Just got mine...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 12:09 AM

Wink Just got mine...

and wanted to say "Hi". From a Nissan Sentra, it's quite a jump.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:51 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, Congrats on the new car I got mine on Friday. I love it. I also got the dark emerald pearl. Nice color and looks sharp. Did you get an underbody spoiler and rear spoiler? Just curious. I looks sweet with all of that.
Old 03-18-2001, 01:33 AM

No, I went with the pure look - The nwe TL looks sharp enough as-is, IMHO. I LOVE the Xenon lights!! The spoiler would be nice, but I didn't want to over-state. Don't you love the wood-finish vs the marble-finish?

------------------
Old 03-18-2001, 01:45 AM

But I must say the Aegean Blue looks awfully sharp!!! I'm just not ready to make that statement, and the mandatory black interior with that bothers me. Acura should offer more color options.
Old 03-18-2001, 01:58 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree on the wood versus marble. I live in AZ also and a black interior would be terrible IMO. If I had a choice of colors (not restricted to Acura's lack of colors), I would actually prefer the Anthricite found on the TL only, with a light gray interior. That would look good IMO and less prone to being dirty.

But again, I do like the green. Green has always been my favorite color and it goes real well with the parchment interior.

I think the underbody kit makes the car look a bit mor sporty...lower looking since it sits a bit high. I do not plan on lowering it because I don't want to sacrafice the great job they did in the suspension and mix between luxury and sport. I also hat having to worry about speedbumps and stuff. Congrats again.
Old 03-18-2001, 11:47 PM

Oh, and congrats to you too! I took mine out and drove all around Metro Atlanta wilth my wife and Mother-in-law, and made a point of pulling in front of other Acuras. I can't tell you how tickled I am with the car. The climate control is excellent, and the ride is very comfortable. Noise is almost non-existent, and, of course, the passing gear if PHENOMENAL. My only gripe is that the trunk doesn't have pneumatic connectors. Wazzup wit dat?!?

------------------
2002 TL Type S
Dark Emerald Pearl
Old 03-20-2001, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robman,

I'm in Atlanta, too, and looking for a good deal on the Type S. Which dealer did you purchase from? Did you visit more than one dealer? If you don't mind my asking, how did you do on price?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2001, 12:05 PM

To TL-SorMaxima:

By your user name, I am guessing you are a Maxima owner or have driven it? If so, how would you compare the SE suspension to the TLS?
Old 03-20-2001, 02:38 PM

I checked out Carland, Ed Volyes, and Acurao of Athens. I made the drive to Athens because they are VERY laid back, and will detail your car twice a year free of charge, even picking it up in Atlanta, leaving you a loaner, and returning it to you.

Talk to Augusta West up there - tell her Robert Daniel sent you.

------------------
2002 TL Type S
Dark Emerald Pearl
Old 03-20-2001, 02:41 PM

Oh, and NO-ONE came off sticker, but they threw in some dealer options at Athens. Other places tack on an "Appearance package" and charge $795 for $350 worth of dealer options.
Old 03-20-2001, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Raptor:
To TL-SorMaxima:

By your user name, I am guessing you are a Maxima owner or have driven it? If so, how would you compare the SE suspension to the TLS?
Hi Rob,

Yes, I am a current 3-time Maxima SE 5-Speed owner ('91, '95, '98) who is one month away from the end of his lease. I have seen and drive the 2001 Maxima based on how much I have enjoyed the car over the years. The TL Type S was a new possibility for me based on what I had been hearing (and the kind offerings from everyone on this site!). The new Maxima corners and handles a little better than my current model, but it's no match for the Type S that I test drove. The overall ride quality is similar between the two - sporty, but not to the extent of being uncomfortable.

As to the dealers, I've been to Ed Voyles and Nalley so far. I have about a month to play with here, so I'll probably be in touch with Carland, Athens and Baranco (down in Morrow) as well. When I talk with Athens, I'll be sure to contact Augusta. Thanks!