interested in DIY to remove wipers/nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:51 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is.... if something happens he'll just get the Darwin award. Its his car... let him do what he wants. Point and laugh if you will, but he does RainX it, I mean there are people out there who take out the wipers and antennas for their Integras. It does look cleaner, IMO, but I would never do it personally. Though its kind of pointless if you still have those little nozzles bulging out of your hood. He or whoever else does it and gets a ticket, too bad. No pity from me.

On a sidenote.... this is a stupid question, and I don't wanna start a whole thread, but when I wash the car I can never bend the right wiper up so that it doesn't touch the windshield. I mean when you wash your car, you can usually tilt the wipers 90 degrees up so it doesn't get in the way, but the right one always gets caught on the hood and if I try to bend it out of the way it looks like its gonna break. Would I have to use the wipers, then pull the key out of the ignition once the wipers go halfway or what?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM
2002 NBP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
on a side not. lets not get immature and carry yourself in a respective manner. and seriously dont tell me its the law like you guys care. 95% of you guys have illegal tint and half the stuff on your car is illegal.

That's true. But I bet most people on here wouldn't mess with something as important and forward visibility. just my

btw, it looks like it would be pretty easy to retrofit the '02-'03 washers on your car.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
I don't see what the big deal is.... if something happens he'll just get the Darwin award. Its his car... let him do what he wants. Point and laugh if you will, but he does RainX it, I mean there are people out there who take out the wipers and antennas for their Integras. It does look cleaner, IMO, but I would never do it personally. Though its kind of pointless if you still have those little nozzles bulging out of your hood. He or whoever else does it and gets a ticket, too bad. No pity from me.

On a sidenote.... this is a stupid question, and I don't wanna start a whole thread, but when I wash the car I can never bend the right wiper up so that it doesn't touch the windshield. I mean when you wash your car, you can usually tilt the wipers 90 degrees up so it doesn't get in the way, but the right one always gets caught on the hood and if I try to bend it out of the way it looks like its gonna break. Would I have to use the wipers, then pull the key out of the ignition once the wipers go halfway or what?
Exactly
Old 03-30-2007, 01:51 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco

thank you for being more mature than most these 30 year olds. any chance u viet?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by CJITTY

Hell man, if you can put a 6 speed tranny/engine in your car...this project should be like putting air in your tires!

The way things work for me half the time it would be a larger task Ill jack the parts off my dads caddy next time i see him when i have time and see if i can get it fitted to mine. I dont see it being to hard. Just rerouting the fluid line which shouldnt be hard at all to get it under by the wipers instead of up onto the hood

Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
lol, my problem was the shot onto my roof and into peoples car behind me. haha
The way they spray can be adjusted with a small needle inserted into the sprayer and adjust down.