Ideas? Need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ideas? Need help

Well I was wondering what kind of things I should add to my TL-S. I wanted to add some side skirts for sure but I don't know what kind look the best and the price I should buy them for. I have already added a cold air intake and tinted everything.
I was also wondering what kind of rear bumper I should add ( I currently have a slightly bad bumper because the paint jobs a little screwed from previous owner).
I also wanted to do LEDs inside, I'm debating white vs blue, same thing for the license plates. I was wondering how some blue LEDs would look under the seats during the night.
I don't want to add much performance wise to my TL-S, but I do want to add an exhaust. If I add an exhaust would it harm my car at all? One last thing, what brand should I buy?

Please don't be shy!!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should start with LED interior, get White for most output IMO and makes your car look cleaner! or can have both...

There is the Oem body kit and the West Wing kit, look up in the Black Market and hopefully you get lucky

If you really want to change your rear bumper badly, look up on ebay there 100-200 and some of them will paint the bumper for you in that price range!

Exhaust would NEVER ever hurt your TL and remember that it doesnt give you gains at all
only SOUND N LOOKS

(There is only ONE exhaust that will give you power, its called ATLP which gives you 10hp for 995.00$ on heeltoeauto.com)

But what is your main goal on your Tl-s?

Remember that your personality makes the Tl YOU!
The following users liked this post:
DanTL-S (02-10-2013)
Old 02-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Hey DanTL-S, if your bumper isn't damaged.....just have it repainted when you install the body skirt kit. Lowering and custom 18" rims are the most popular appearance mods that most 'Ziners go with, besides tinting.

What are your intentions with an exhaust set-up ? If you only want appearance, just try some new custom tips, if the present oem exhaust is still good. For the sound effects of the V-tech6, then go for a lower restriction cat-back system.
It won't hurt your car and is sweet music to your ear !
Old 02-10-2013, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TunaTheFish
You should start with LED interior, get White for most output IMO and makes your car look cleaner! or can have both...

There is the Oem body kit and the West Wing kit, look up in the Black Market and hopefully you get lucky

If you really want to change your rear bumper badly, look up on ebay there 100-200 and some of them will paint the bumper for you in that price range!

Exhaust would NEVER ever hurt your TL and remember that it doesnt give you gains at all
only SOUND N LOOKS

(There is only ONE exhaust that will give you power, its called ATLP which gives you 10hp for 995.00$ on heeltoeauto.com)

But what is your main goal on your Tl-s?

Remember that your personality makes the Tl YOU!
Well you've set my mind on white interior! As for the exhaust I don't want just the tips, I want the whole thing so my car breathes better. I thought there were cheaper ones than that? (I havn't looked into it much) My
My main goal is to just have it look nice! I mean it doesn't hurt much to have it be fast, but it won't be since it's automatic anyway.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3.2TLc
Hey DanTL-S, if your bumper isn't damaged.....just have it repainted when you install the body skirt kit. Lowering and custom 18" rims are the most popular appearance mods that most 'Ziners go with, besides tinting.

What are your intentions with an exhaust set-up ? If you only want appearance, just try some new custom tips, if the present oem exhaust is still good. For the sound effects of the V-tech6, then go for a lower restriction cat-back system.
It won't hurt your car and is sweet music to your ear !
I'm pretty sure my OEM exhaust is still good, I just wanted a little more power with a little more mileage, double positive there, which is why I wanted a new one. I was thinking of just getting the tips, but 40bucks just for a little chrome tip? Might as well get a whole new exhaust too right?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

There's better things than getting an entirely new exhaust system that ya could spend your money on, if ya only want a little more power.

Cosmetics....go with the tips ! Power....go with headers and pull the mufflers !
Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3.2TLc
There's better things than getting an entirely new exhaust system that ya could spend your money on, if ya only want a little more power.

Cosmetics....go with the tips ! Power....go with headers and pull the mufflers !
Which headers would you suggest and for how much? What kind of tip will get me a good sound without sounding ricer?
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 205 Likes on 180 Posts
Tips really won't change your sound. They just slide on the end of mufflers. Just choose the ones you think look the best. Headers for quality and value most people go DC Sports. They're not cheapest but not most expensive either. They work great, look good, and you can install them with no fitment issues. For changin your sound you have a few options. An axle-back system: basically mufflers that are a direct bolt on replacement for what's stock. You can delete the mid muffler to improve the sound as well with or without changing mufflers. You'll get the best sound from either doing both of those or by getting a catback exhaust system.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeDave
Tips really won't change your sound. They just slide on the end of mufflers. Just choose the ones you think look the best. Headers for quality and value most people go DC Sports. They're not cheapest but not most expensive either. They work great, look good, and you can install them with no fitment issues. For changin your sound you have a few options. An axle-back system: basically mufflers that are a direct bolt on replacement for what's stock. You can delete the mid muffler to improve the sound as well with or without changing mufflers. You'll get the best sound from either doing both of those or by getting a catback exhaust system.
Ok awesome! Can you recommend both the axleback and catback brands? Or links?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Best catback direct fit bolt on is ATLP. Few other choices include Tanabe cat back and also Apexii catback. Axle back you got Tsudo and Comptech which is discontinuing parts for our cars so that one will be pricier and harder to find. Tsudo is a good system and the price is good. I'm getting ready to take mine off as soon as I have a free minute this week so if you're interested in that one you could grab a near new one for less than new price.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DanTL-S
Well you've set my mind on white interior! As for the exhaust I don't want just the tips, I want the whole thing so my car breathes better. I thought there were cheaper ones than that? (I havn't looked into it much) My
My main goal is to just have it look nice! I mean it doesn't hurt much to have it be fast, but it won't be since it's automatic anyway.
Awesome!

For exhaust, I thought you wanted power thats why I told you about the ATLP
that only give you some hp gains hahaha

The most recommend exhaust combo is the Tsudos which is 300$ and a Mid muffler delete which is 50-100$ depending on the mechanic

This combo is a really nice set up and sounds like a g35

This video is bone stock EXCEPT the Tsudo exhaust

This is video shows the Tsudos with the mid muffler delete

If looks is your main goal, GO with that first!
Thats what im doing! Nothing but style 1st THEN performance

You should get Coilovers over Headers thats IMO if you want looks more then power

You can get a CAI (Cold Air Intake) so you can some gains and save gas by like 1-2 milies
Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Instructor

Best catback direct fit bolt on is ATLP. Few other choices include Tanabe cat back and also Apexii catback. Axle back you got Tsudo and Comptech which is discontinuing parts for our cars so that one will be pricier and harder to find. Tsudo is a good system and the price is good. I'm getting ready to take mine off as soon as I have a free minute this week so if you're interested in that one you could grab a near new one for less than new price.
Heard you might sell your Tsudos soon?!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

This is how mine sounds. DC headers, mid muffler deleted, AEM V2 intake, and the Tsudo axleback exhaust.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Going with with axlebacks/mid muff delete!!! How much was everything Dave? With labor too.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

I did all my labor so that was free. Side street auto is where I got my headers but they're sold out so just google them and search the best price. Umm the mid muffler delete I'd just see a local exhaust place for that if you don't have access to what you need to do it. Speed element sells the Tsudos.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TunaTheFish
Heard you might sell your Tsudos soon?!
Yup I'm upgrading very soon so I plan to take my Tsudos off and put my stock back on while I wait for the new system.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Instructor

I did all my labor so that was free. Side street auto is where I got my headers but they're sold out so just google them and search the best price. Umm the mid muffler delete I'd just see a local exhaust place for that if you don't have access to what you need to do it. Speed element sells the Tsudos.
What do the Tsudos do exactly? I'm getting them for sure now either way but I'm still curious. Have you dyno'd you car?

As for a CAI, I got one but it's some cheaper aftermarket, from Auto Spyder. I wanted an AEM one but didn't have the money at the time. So why waste money on a different CAI if it's not much of a difference.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

You're looking at maybe 3-5 hp gained w the Tsudos tops. Not much you can feel really though. What you gain mostly is a better sound and a lot better looking than stock.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Instructor

You're looking at maybe 3-5 hp gained w the Tsudos tops. Not much you can feel really though. What you gain mostly is a better sound and a lot better looking than stock.
Believe me, I feel every HP gained Not really haha but anyway, know if they will help with gas milage at all? Also do you know of any good side skirts for a good price?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you should lower your car using coilovers and then do new wheels(18") and tires. Then do side skirts or a body kit. Your car will handle better lowering it and will look a lot better.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cwallace1
I think you should lower your car using coilovers and then do new wheels(18") and tires. Then do side skirts or a body kit. Your car will handle better lowering it and will look a lot better.
Any side skirts you suggest? I think a whole new bodykit would ruin my look. Id love to drop it but dont think i will( area im in has Ahole speed bumps so Id scrape ).

I was really looking into the rims and tires but after seeing all the rims at 300+ a rim alone I became discouraged.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

This car is not mine! But I don't think a body kit ruins it at all. Aside from the rims which I don't care for, this car looks great. This particular one was a former members car which was lost in hurricane sandy. Great looking ride.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Instructor

I've seen those side skirts quite a bit! They seem to be popular, know where I can find them for, and for the best price? I love my Type-S front lip so it's a keeper. Anything for the rear? ( Sorry to ask but is there just a rear lip I can add on to the bumper? )
Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey DanTL-S, if ya want the complete package .....you're gonna have to really look hard for the OEM aero lip kit. They come up occasionally, but go really fast. There is a rear lower bumper valence lip, but IMO....ya really need the whole deal to get the desired effect. The low ridin' boulevard TL cruiser is 2nd to none ! Well worth every buck.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

The side skirts, front, and rear lip are all optional factory accessories. They use all the screws and push pins that are holding on the current little half lip or whatever you'd call it up front and the tiny side skirts that were on all the TL.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Instructor

Angry

The side skirts, front, and rear lip are all optional factory accessories. They use all the screws and push pins that are holding on the current little half lip or whatever you'd call it up front and the tiny side skirts that were on all the TL.
Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what? Not sure if I understood that.. So are you saying installation is easy? Or that there are no little rear lips I can add to my rear bumper?

Sorry, I feel so dumb
Old 02-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

The install is easy. The whole lip kit adds on to your car. An oem kit will use factory push pins and screws.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Instructor

Oh alright I see! Do you happen to have any side skirts or rear lip added on to your car? If so what kind would you suggest for the best price. I don't want the whole set, just the skirts/rear bumper.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:07 AM
MechEng

Received 486 Likes on 403 Posts
they are discontinued so you will have to buy them used. prices are all over the place. some people sell em cheap, some people charge a premium.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 03tLsNBP
they are discontinued so you will have to buy them used. prices are all over the place. some people sell em cheap, some people charge a premium.
Yeah i found that out haha, I just want to pay a fair price for a nice look.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Suzuka Master

When they become available, they go fast !
A thing to consider is the expense in shipping the kit.