Icelink/IPOD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icelink/IPOD?

Anyone used an Icelink adapter w/ IPOD Mini in 2000 TL-P????

How is it?

Also I'm looking for a IPOD holder I can mount for power?? Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Click ---> Here.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Racer

Hey Mike, STOP being lazy...LOL!!! Theres not one mention of the Icelink adapter anywhere on that page. Or whether they make an application for 2000 TL's.

Dension makes the Icelink Plus which is an adapter/docking staion/power supply all in one, but its for 04-05. Anyone know if it works in a 2000?

Check out this link http://www.densionusa.com/icelink_info.htm. Thats the look I'm going for. I'm just not sure if anyone knows whether it'll work in a 2000.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Elementz
Hey Mike, STOP being lazy...LOL!!!
I'd go with the Neo iOn solution. Looks cleaner don't you think. Plus, with all the resonance from your Megan headers, you wont be able to hear the music from the iPod anyway. Sorry, that was cold.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Racer

OOOhhhhh.....that hurt bad!
Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

My guess is that the ICELINK will work with your HU - but I would check that you have your 14-pin CD-Changer port free before shelling out the $$$... from what I have heard the ICELINK is a pretty cool adapter except for one limitation - when the iPod is in the Dock you can only navigate the iPod through the HU (i.e. the controls on the iPod are disabled) which can make it a b**ch to navigate through songs. I know I read about the ICELINK before in one of these forums - I would spend a little more time searching here and on google for some reviews before buying. Good Luck
Old 06-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Pro

Not familiar with the Icelink Plus but the previous Icelink they were selling I did buy. It works great. Non of the iPod controls are disabled.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chet03TL-S
Not familiar with the Icelink Plus but the previous Icelink they were selling I did buy. It works great. Non of the iPod controls are disabled.
Yeah its the Plus that disables the controls - the older icelink might be a better option - cheaper and has all the same features minus menu control through the HU - which is pointless anyhow - I think they are still selling the older model.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:42 AM
Racer

Anyone know where I can get one of the older ones? The Dension website only lists the Icelink plus....

For right now, I went ahead and bought the new Blitsafe M-link that came out today. It supplies power, line level audio, and does not disable the IPOD controls. Seems like the best of both worlds to me.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:28 AM
Intermediate

Red face

Originally Posted by Elementz
Anyone know where I can get one of the older ones? The Dension website only lists the Icelink plus....

For right now, I went ahead and bought the new Blitsafe M-link that came out today. It supplies power, line level audio, and does not disable the IPOD controls. Seems like the best of both worlds to me.
Sorry man looks like they changed around their site and it is no longer offered. You could try calling them to see if they have any of the older models in stock somewhere. But the blitzsafe would probably do the job. If you are still looking for a clip to hold the iPod I use ProClip (www.ProClipUsa.com ). Send us some pics when you get it installed.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rgbysgt
Sorry man looks like they changed around their site and it is no longer offered. You could try calling them to see if they have any of the older models in stock somewhere. But the blitzsafe would probably do the job. If you are still looking for a clip to hold the iPod I use ProClip (www.ProClipUsa.com ). Send us some pics when you get it installed.
HEHE...I already ordered that too last night! Everything should be here and installed by this weekend. Will post pics when finished.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:54 PM
Advanced

Which one has better sound quality between ice link and stock bose HU in 99 TL???
I'm thinking about getting ice link on my 99 TL if it has better or equal sound quality with stock HU. So what do ya guys say???
Old 07-28-2005, 04:16 AM
Drifting

I don't understand your question. Icelink is just a cable that allows you to plug an iPod into your stock HU. An Icelink doesn't have a sound. An iPod through a cable, to your stock HU doesn't sound any better, or any worse, than a CD played through the stock HU.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MikePA
I don't understand your question. Icelink is just a cable that allows you to plug an iPod into your stock HU. An Icelink doesn't have a sound. An iPod through a cable, to your stock HU doesn't sound any better, or any worse, than a CD played through the stock HU.
Werd. Keep in mind that the Icelink will disable your IPOD controls when plugged in. An IPOD plugged into the ICELINK adapter is controlled via your HU and steering wheel controls but some have said that it makes it hard to navigate the IPOD's music library. Not only that, but the ICELINK application only works in in '03 models and up.

Blitzsafe has come out with their new M-LINK adapter that allows you to navigate via IPOD controls and it charges the IPOD. They have a '98-'04 any Honda/Acura application. I think the part # is HON/M-LINK1 DMX V.1 98' - 04' HONDA.

I received mine this week and have not had the chance to install it yet. I'll give a complete review when its finished.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Drifting

FWIW, the neo iOn does not disable your iPod controls and your steering wheel controls work as well. I haven't tried the HU controls.