i need help guys *SHOPPING*

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Ganji, Want some?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i need help guys *SHOPPING*

hey fellas and ladies i need alil help. i went to the dealer today and looked at acouple of TL's and i seen one that i liked .. its a 2000 TL Black on Black with the Gold TRim the car looks to be in good physical condition and has 75k on it the dealer offered me $16,700K for the car but i dont know if thats a good price for it and i dont wana get DICKED i just want a sexy ass car... help please>......... what price is good for what car what car is good for what price u kno i looked up on KBB.com and the kbb price was $16,340 so what should i do and is that a good price and if so should i hop on it or not
Old 08-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Kollage is funn!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's not bad- i say if it's possible try and nail 15 gees. 17 thou plus tax seems a little steep for me for a 4 yr old car. it doesn't have nav right?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:16 PM
Ganji, Want some?

yea u right but umm o.. we dont pay sales tax i live in delaware but u think i can get to like 15 cause he looked like he wont tryin to budge but mabey because i went out by myself i look like im 15 and he wanted to dick me...??? well mabey not but ill bring my dad and mom and mabey my mom could haggle him cause she good at that shit she is an intimidating lady.*(mabey i say that cause she 's MY MOM) lol well let me kno folks i need more opinion ohh and i am 19 to be 20 in 5 days......

THANKS

KENNY

P S NO NAVI......
Old 08-03-2004, 11:21 PM
Kollage is funn!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
great, happy birthday umm....well depending on how badly you want the car....if i was for example out to buy an 04 TL /6mt/nav this week, i didn't get a good price i'd just say it's too much, and walk out....try a different dealer....but it might be different in your case, do you want/need the car now? if not you could visit other dealers, or try something that actually worked very well with me, you could e-mail them and ask them for quotes. i got a great deal on my marauder that way.....course the dealer was 3 states away, but it was a fun two days. hope this helps
Old 08-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Ganji, Want some?

well i got in a car accident with my mazda i had and its totalled and i just need another car to get to work i mean i dont think i need one today but i would like to have one TODAY the doctor wont let me go back to work i gotta get to physical therapy n shit and i gotta take care of the insurance shit my parents are helpin out but its stressin them out and i just wana take care of shit my self plus i have a son that lives in philly and its been ONE FULL MONTH on the 15th that i havent seen him and he will be 4 months old on that 15 of this month. and i always come see him i mean i cant work(i feel fine but the doc dont agree) i miss my son, and i miss my money cause insurance is giving me 85 % of what i make but i need a full check if not more cause i got my bills still commin and all this shti so i dunno what i need to do lol
im stuck...
Old 08-04-2004, 02:13 AM
I pimp an Audi A4.

i bought my 99 TL from a guy with 72k miles for 13500
i think you should keep looking and dont rush into things
Old 08-04-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Hahahaha... I swear - I just wish some of the posts here were written with some form of punctuation!!

*Street Spirit* points out the [.] key, the 'Shift' key, and the 'Enter' key to help you out. I'd find it *so* much easier and faster to understand what some people are saying here if they'd just use some periods, commas, or paragraphs to let me know when the sentence stops and a new idea begins! :P Sorry....just a pet peeve! Sometimes I'd love to be able to help, but just can't figure out exactly what the writer is trying to explain on a quick read-through. (Not referring to this post in particular).

Rant: Complete.

K...I feel much better now!

Writter - Don't take any personal offense to my above thoughts....I just find it frustrating....Seems to be a trend here sometimes.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:29 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by VITEK
hey fellas and ladies i need alil help. i went to the dealer today and looked at acouple of TL's and i seen one that i liked .. its a 2000 TL Black on Black with the Gold TRim the car looks to be in good physical condition and has 75k on it the dealer offered me $16,700K for the car but i dont know if thats a good price for it and i dont wana get DICKED i just want a sexy ass car... help please>......... what price is good for what car what car is good for what price u kno i looked up on KBB.com and the kbb price was $16,340 so what should i do and is that a good price and if so should i hop on it or not
In my opinion --- enjoy how well the pervious owner took care of the exterior, but more importantly, look into how well he maintained everything under the hood! You can end up buying a car that looks fabulous, but will die on you or cost you a lot of money in unnecessary repairs if the previous owner was very careless in terms of maintenance or repairs. Ask to see old service records, have someone do a D.O.T., and check for any previous accidents. Most of all: shop around and compare...make sure you are getting the best car for that price...take a few days to look (make it quick if you really believe this is the car for you...or put a deposit) and make sure you're not missing out on something even better/more reasonable.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

Yo, go check out Martin Dealership in Newark. I got 2 Acuras from them. They will do there best to get you a good int. rate (depending on the salesman). I was looking at an 02 type S platinum there for 21k loaded wit 57k on the odometer.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Intermediate

Bro
I live in delaware and got my 02 TLP last year for $18,500 with 40K from a friend of mine . But another buddy of mine went to west chester acura and got a sweet 02TLS with body kit certified car with 30K for $22,500. I'd say shop around abit, look in autotrader also, sometimes you can find people in a hurry to sell the car and get a good deal. Good luck
Old 08-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Ganji, Want some?

thats where i seen this car (the black one) , at martin honda and the sales man offered me that price and my mom does not agree with it and wont let me get it cause of the mileage i meean i could get it but if somethign fucks up then she wont help me so ill just go her way and be safe than sorry but its irritating . she wants something for NOTHING and when she doesnt get her way she'll be like fuck em and want to leave ITS SOO IRRITATING
Old 08-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Advanced

Yo, I am the dude Thanuja was saying got his car for 22,500 the guy originally wanted 24,900. I walked out on him 3 times... you have to be tuff when your dealing with car sales man. Don't act to interested, he know's you want the car really bad and is hoping that you will convince your mom into buying it. LOOOK AROUND there are other Acura Dealers.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's not a good deal at all. About a year and a half ago when i was looking to buy a used TL, I drove a 2000TL black on black TL with spoiler and gold kit. It was 49k miles and the dealer gave me a no hassle final price of $14,900 (not an acura dealer though). I didn't buy it because it didn't have nav, i thought i could find one for just a little more, and i did.

So, you should definetly shop around.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Ganji, Want some?

damn thats cheap but at the same time all the prices up here seem thte same. i am going tO Castle Acura today that is the only other acura dealer in Delaware i know of and i seen a red one with 69K on it and the asking price is 16000 so mabey ill try gettin an attitude with the man and see if they will come down on that price soome but yeah i hate dealers i they be hustlin the shit outta you!
Old 08-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Advanced

There are also Dealers in PA, you don't have to only deal with people in Delaware.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Ganji, Want some?

i mean u are right i DONT have to deal with the dealers in DE but it depends where my parents want to take me. i dont have the patience to deal with their bitching and i just need to get something before i go back to work plus do u guys think i should wait until i go bak to work and get a car because of me being out of work soo long i just recieved my last check so i wont get paid for one more payday and i have to work 2 weeks to start over if u know whta i mean ... should i wait and keep shopping or just get what i want now!?
Old 08-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Ganji, Want some?

I see more Cars

Hey all reporting again i looked at two dealerships today adn found two cars i fell in love with well 3 but one had ridiculos miles on it for the price the one i didnt consider was a TL-S with close to 80K on it for 22K, that was the asking price but i knew that was dangerous grounds. Anyway i found two considerable cars that i want to ask you about there was a 2002 TL-S with Navigation 36K mi the asking price for that car is $26,999 the Value of this car online at the USAA website is @excellent condition for $24,100 the car is DROP DEAD SEXY this is the first time i've driven a TYPE-S and i felt like i had a Hard coming on just from driving i love it. Then i looked at an 01 Acura TL-P the Asking price for that car was $19,000 and the mileage was 59,674 this also had Navi it was a black on black too *SEXY and this gorgeous car's value came to $20,075 for Excellent cond and for Good condition was $18,075 [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Kenneth Walker\My Documents\My Pictures[/IMG] this is a pic of the 02 TL-S
Old 08-11-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro

i have a tl-p 00' and wish i would have picked up a type-s. The main reason is because there is just more power stock out of a tl-s than a tl-p period. Even with all the bolt on mods available you may just get a little closer to getting the same power as a stock type-s. THen think about if you start moding out a type-s... rediculous... well have fun and good luck. I picked up my tl-p 00' two years ago for 24000 even with extended warranty. it had 32k on the clock. do what you think is right and once again just have fun doing it!
Old 08-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Sig Rho's Finest

i would look around for a -S, i wish badly i had one of those now
Old 08-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey all reporting again i looked at two dealerships today adn found two cars i fell in love with well 3 but one had ridiculos miles on it for the price the one i didnt consider was a TL-S with close to 80K on it for 22K, that was the asking price but i knew that was dangerous grounds. Anyway i found two considerable cars that i want to ask you about there was a 2002 TL-S with Navigation 36K mi the asking price for that car is $26,999 the Value of this car online at the USAA website is @excellent condition for $24,100 the car is DROP DEAD SEXY this is the first time i've driven a TYPE-S and i felt like i had a Hard coming on just from driving i love it. Then i looked at an 01 Acura TL-P the Asking price for that car was $19,000 and the mileage was 59,674 this also had Navi it was a black on black too *SEXY and this gorgeous car's value came to $20,075 for Excellent cond and for Good condition was $18,075 [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Kenneth Walker\My Documents\My Pictures[/IMG] this is a pic of the 02 TL-S
You can't link a picture off your hard drive, bud.

Go to www.edmunds.com and use their TMV prices. They are usually pretty spot-on. Don't show emotion at the dealership, otherwise they will grab you by the balls and have their way with you. Good luck.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:12 PM
Ganji, Want some?

well folks i've got my ride and she is SEXY!!!! i got an 02 TL-S with 35K on it for 24,100 its green with tan leather and Navigation. i love the way this car handles but i know i have to take it easy with gunning it because of the tranny . if anyone knows how to post pictues up here let me know how and ill let you see. and one more thing. how would i get the code for my radio and navi to work its locked and the dealer said he would set an appointment to get it done by pulling out the radio i think he said and getting a serial number.... woulndnt i be able to get this code from the VIN number or something cause he's talkin saturday or monday morning and thats a long time without the radio and i have already driven off the lot ? HELP.............................................. .................