I hate my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down I hate my dealer

I brought the car to my dealer for 7500 miles service couple days ago. This morning when I was driving it found there is a white spot on the edge of the hood. (near by the wipers.) After I got to office parking lot and checked it out... OMG that is a large paint chip. It's not like a small stone chip but a "flake" of paint chipped.

I'm sure it wasn't there before and it's impossible for a stone chip at that location. (It's actually by the "edge" of the hood near by wipers. How can a stone hit that area while I'm driving?! )

I already called the dealer and mention this also told them the last person who worked around my wipers area are them. (They replaced wiper blades @ 7500 miles service.) Well.. useless... dealer won't do anything.

Guess I need to touch it up myself and live with it. Damn.. I hate my dealer. BTW, it's Bridgewater Acura, NJ.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Grand Turismo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
??

I am officially boycotting them. Those ****s.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:45 PM
Pro

Have you actually spoken with them face to face? If not, you need to go down and actually talk to the Service Advisor and/or Manager before you give up on them. Remain cool, calm and collected and explain the situation. Maintaining your composure goes a long way. Pissing and moaning wears thin quickly.

It sounds like they may have nicked the paint while pulling up on one of the wiper arms. To fix it, they will probably just touch up the paint but at least you won't have to do it. It sucks but it happens. Sorry.

I can't complain about the level of service at the dealership I use. They ended up replacing the entire RH rocker panel and RF threshold because they scratched the plastic and nicked the paint when they did one of the seatbelt recalls. It was no problem and no charge. Yes, they goofed. It irks me to no end when it happens to my car but, unfortunately, it happens. It's how they deal with a situation that matters in the end.

Personally, I do have a tiny rock chip on the top of the hood, 1/4" before the back edge.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm soooo tired of the "I hate my dealer" and "I'll never buy another Acura again" posts that are based on one-sided stories and that aren't logical. Some examples:

Statement:

I modded my car and the dealer said it could have something to do with a problem I'm having.

Reality:

If you're having a radio problem and upgraded your speakers the dealer is not on acid for thinking the problems might be related. If you installed sways and the dealer said it caused your radio to go bad, you're right in complaining.

Statement:

I took my car to the dealer and they scratched it, got it dirty, or couldn't find the problem.

Reality:

Some dealers are great some not so great. Some service techs are great some not so great. Service levels aren't even consistent within a single dealership. I have to believe that if a dealer says they can't duplicate a problem, 90% of the time they really can't or didn't fully understand your original complaint. The solution is simple. If your dealer consistently sucks - find a new dealer. If there's only one dealer in town, talk to the GM (not the service manager) and explain your disappointment. Provide a type written explanation of your problems to the service writer when you bring the car in and tape a copy to your dash so there can be no confusion as to what your problem is. Acura Owners Link even has a form to complete to help dealers isolate specific types of problems you could have. Inspect the car for damage or abuse "before" you leave the dealer not after you get home. In the case of this post, put yourself in the dealers place. Your service tech did some minor routine work on a car and the owner is claiming body damage. If the dealer repainted every nick an owner claimed was caused by the dealership they'd go out of business.

Statement:

My car has XYZ problem, I expect more from Acura and I'm never buying an Acura again.

Reality:

Cars are put together from hundreds of thousands of part. Parts break, cars break, and poor design/engineering decisions sometimes aren't found until cars are on the road. The problems on this board aren't so severe to change the way I feel about Acura. For the most part, they've done the right thing in most cases and some of the problems either aren't happening in large enough quantities or aren't serious enough to say Acura's commitment to quality is suspect. The two biggest problems reported are the tranny failures and the brake rotor problem. Both are being covered under warranty and there haven't been thousands of cases of either reported. Let's see how Acura handles the transmission problems before we hang them - it's too early to say they've swept it under the rug when the problem hasn't even been isolated (officially) yet. For those of you think the grass is greener on the other side check out the BMW, M-B, Audi, Volvo, and Lexus boards. They've got as many complaints as we do and in some cases in a lot higher quantities.

I'm not sticking my head in the sand and have no stock in Acura/Honda. I have an MDX also and someone at acuramdx.org truly did have a horrendous experience with their car and Acura could have definitely resolved the problem better. But hey, it's one instance not a thousand. IMHO Acura does a fairly decent job building and servicing cars and does listen (albeit slowly sometimes) to the marketplace and tries to adjust accordingly. If they didn’t, they’d be out of business fairly quickly.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Racer

kchao2000

why dont you try park ave acura, a bunch of us on this board go there and we all have been very happy. im not sure how far it is from where you are but i would check it out
Old 01-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
If you are in NJ (I'm so sorry (a little NY humor)) definitely try out PAA's service department.

Sounds like the dealer ship tried to open the hood while your wiper arm was pulled perpindicular up off the windshield. I did this once on my Accord, wont let that happen again.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:03 PM

BarryH

You are exactly the kind of person that makes these forums miserable lay-off the guy just wants to get some help!

Shane
Old 01-11-2002, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Re: BarryH

Originally posted by Hammerton
You are exactly the kind of person that makes these forums miserable lay-off the guy just wants to get some help!

Shane
Funny I think guys like you make this forum miserable at times
Old 01-11-2002, 10:13 PM

I do my best.

Shane
Old 01-12-2002, 05:19 AM
Banned

Hammerton:

Go away...

Austin519
Old 01-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Mr Hyde
If you are in NJ (I'm so sorry (a little NY humor)) definitely try out PAA's service department.

Sounds like the dealer ship tried to open the hood while your wiper arm was pulled perpindicular up off the windshield. I did this once on my Accord, wont let that happen again.
I'm in NJ and will try Park Ave Acura next time even though I need to drive 50 min.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
Hammerton, are you ever happy. Instead of Hammerton, you should change you're name to Hammerhead. Then, everytime we see you post, we can say:

HAMMERHEAD ALERT.

I doubt when you get tired of the people here and leave the board, they will beg you to come back, like they did for tommyboi.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:11 PM

Lightbulb

I KNOW on ClubLexus we have problems too but...

1. Either the cars actually LIVE up to their #1/reliability etc etc rating.

2. The DEALER actually LIVES up to their #1 customer satisfaction rating

3. Or we just don't trip as much.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I KNOW on ClubLexus we have problems too but...

1. Either the cars actually LIVE up to their #1/reliability etc etc rating.

2. The DEALER actually LIVES up to their #1 customer satisfaction rating

3. Or we just don't trip as much.
Although I am tremendously satisfied with both my car and the selling/servicing dealer, I think all 3 of the above apply a bit here.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:26 PM

Oh, we have our share of knuckleheads. But wow, they usually get it so bad the first time, they NEVER complain about something trivial again.....

We had a dude that BASICALLY screwed his brakes up and started a thread that lasted like 5 pages about how Lexus sucks.

Mahn, NEWBIES, popped up EVERYWHERE, explaining how the brakes worked and the specifics and trying to EDUCATE this guy...

US "Locals" gave it to him, never appeared again.....

This reminds me of the girlfriend who is always LOOKING for some problem and you know what, she'll FIND IT.....
Old 06-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
Acura BAD Service

Acura Services are way Below standard for luxury cars, if I don't want to call it Bad Service. Their cars quality are not bad at all. All vehicles have problems, but Acura needs to stand behind their products, take care of the problems, and take care of the customers. If they understand Service First like Lexus, they surely will get more sales.

I don't mean they have to do everything for free. Within reason, if it is a known problem, fix it. They should know if it is a known problem or not, they can see how repeated problem occurs from customers, their engineers should know.

What do you think Acura Customer Services if you read this?