Hit n Run... Boy oh boy... Fun stuff!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:58 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hit n Run... Boy oh boy... Fun stuff!

So i'm at Bj's getting some things and i go to leave the parking lot. long story short... we are in the parking lot approching a speed bump... now my car was at a slight slant (turning my wheels left to straighten my car up.) Now i'm behind another car and we (all3) of us were all driving slowly. the car in front of me made a Stop, right before the speedbump and i followed, stopping my car waiting for my turn to go over the speedbump... as soon as i stop my car a truck Mazda Tribute didnt.. she literally stops after pushing my car about an inch or two. i hop out the car immediately... i gotta lil attitude problem. but tried to conceal most b/c my dad was with me... i tried to stay calm but the lady starts cussin and yelling at me.. telling me i hit her car, and im this and i'm that.. i told the woman... dont say shit to me.. just get your papers out and after that. she started backing up her car... now i was outside the car.. but thought nothing of it because it looked like she was backing out of peoples way.. (both cars were in the middle of the road) THIS BITCH Was trying to do a fast and furious Reverse escape!!! she reversed out the whole parking lot.. now i'm on foot.. and i'm on the phone with the dispatcher and i'm telling him the plates... well i missed a number or two and i've got the officer trying to cross reference any plate numbers with that vehicle.. I cant believe this... my car door looks like some wrinkled up ass paper and i cant do nothing about it... i dont want to make a claim with my insurance because i dont want my rates to go up... Sorry if the story is a little rushed. this happened last night. but i'm still pissed...
Old 10-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Instructor

sorry bout the spelling and punctuation... i could care less at the moment.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:52 AM
MechEng

Received 486 Likes on 403 Posts
that blows man. hopefully they find that bitch.

-insert women drivers joke-
Old 10-17-2010, 09:59 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
WTF....can they find her?
Old 10-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn man, this happened to my grandfather a year or two ago - freakin' kids in a civic did a U-Turn while they were on the RIGHT lane, my grandpa was to the left of them and didn't brake quick enough and we collided with their rear wheel. Those punks just looked at us, my grandpa got out of the car and they just freakin' drove off. I wanted to chase them, but my grandpa was in the street picking up parts from the front of his camry.

You should do a police report, that's what we did - but we didn't even have any numbers from the plates. You might have better luck man.

We should have cameras in our cars recording all directions to avoid BS like this.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
if you have uninsured motorist coverage you are fine
The main requirement with it is getting a plate number in a hit and run

if you have more than half of it the cops can trace it
As soon as she moved in reverse it went from a minor traffic incident (probably with an unlicensed uninsured possibly illegal in the country) driver--they turned it into FELONY hit and run

your insurance doesnt go up when you are not at fault and have the needed coverage
same goes for comprehensive on glass for example

File the full Police report., yours and whatever they wrote up about it at the time
CALL your agent!!
send reports to insurance
get estimates
repair car
Old 10-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Bonki Ehrite!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn that sucks. I hope they find her.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:36 PM
bringin lead

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
if you have uninsured motorist coverage you are fine
The main requirement with it is getting a plate number in a hit and run

if you have more than half of it the cops can trace it
As soon as she moved in reverse it went from a minor traffic incident (probably with an unlicensed uninsured possibly illegal in the country) driver--they turned it into FELONY hit and run

your insurance doesnt go up when you are not at fault and have the needed coverage
same goes for comprehensive on glass for example

File the full Police report., yours and whatever they wrote up about it at the time
CALL your agent!!
send reports to insurance
get estimates
repair car
that's right - assuming you made that payment this month......
Old 10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Team Owner

thats why I make sure the insurance is paid!!

and if I need it sometime,,its getting used for my benefit
whatever small premium increase may be involved is less than the repair cost- thats for sure
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ughh, im not misogynistic but women need tougher road test exams. I have no idea how some of them get their friggin licenses. It boggles my mind. We all have a million stories so im not even gonna bother.

Like 01tl04 said, the bitch was surely driving without insurance or something along the lines, and the cops def can trace the digits. Give approx, make, model, year, color and you should be good.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Team Owner

if I read the story right--he was chasing the car- on the phone with 911- giving them most of the plate numbers, description etc

My policy says you need witnesses or a plate number

hopefully its not rocking stolen plates too~

drivers ed today is a joke:
In my day... we had professional school teachers,, like the graphics teacher,,
doing the in car training,,
and who remembers the simulators?!
and watching movies like death on the road, blood alley, red asphalt,,as required course material!
Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Team Owner

everyone can benefit from an advanced driver training- ie: track days

paying attention is for all speeds--always leave yourself an extra few feet of room to move
super defensive is the name of the game to survive among the many untrained drivers on the roads

and please be aware and considerate of those on 2 wheels-
that may be a ziner- like me- slipping up between the lanes,,its legal here!!
Move over a bit - you have 12 feet of lane and a 6 foot wide car,,can I get thru here please? trying to keep temp down and make progress thru stopped traffic
Dont get mad- get on a bike!! then you too can use the carpool lane~
Old 10-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
everyone can benefit from an advanced driver training- ie: track days

paying attention is for all speeds--always leave yourself an extra few feet of room to move
super defensive is the name of the game to survive among the many untrained drivers on the roads

and please be aware and considerate of those on 2 wheels-
that may be a ziner- like me- slipping up between the lanes,,its legal here!!
Move over a bit - you have 12 feet of lane and a 6 foot wide car,,can I get thru here please? trying to keep temp down and make progress thru stopped traffic
Dont get mad- get on a bike!! then you too can use the carpool lane~
Your last paragraph is so contradictory to your first couple about "defensive driving".

It's harder for people in cars to spot bikes, some people use the whole lane (just watch someone for a while as they slowly ping-pong from the left of the lane to the right), and the whole "I'm stuck in traffic yet you think you're gonna pass me up" attitude people have and you might come to the conclusion that doing a maneuver like that is not being defensive.

And add to that that you say it's legal wherever you are - do non-riders know that? Not expecting them to would be defensive in my mind.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Team Owner

What?- I cant use do as I say.. not as I do? my comments were meant to educate on different subjects- track days for YOU=meaning the general public, how to drive

educating the general public to motorcyle awareness was the other part
You ask if people know lane sharing is legal - this spreads the word

note I asked a cop: lane SHARING allows any 2 vehicles to share a lane--a bike using a foot from the edge of lane with a car
or 2 mini coopers can run formation side by side if they want!!--

in the car I am always on the defense- what can the idiot next up the on ramp do to merge into my lane? the one in the middle no less~
whatever the worst move possible is--thats what the cars ahead and beside are going to do, and sure enough...!

on the bike I am extra defensive, safety vest or brightly dressed, lights on etc,
but when I need to go,, I am headed for the white line!!
I am talking about the left lane/s and stopped or near stopped freeway traffic, and me going 10-15mph

If you are in the far left lane in this situation- please move to the left slightly, if in lane 2 move right slightly--
not asking you to do anything but not hog the center line
Thank You--
you will notice most bikers give a thank you signal if you move to make room as they approach
'Watch your side mirrors!!
Not something I do at 70 with car moving around in their lane --but do see it happen and shake my head,,those crazy rocket bikes

to paraphrase George Carlin:
Ever notice how anyone going slower than you is an idiot
and anyone going faster.... is insane!!!!!

Last edited by 01tl4tl; 10-19-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Instructor

if I read the story right--he was chasing the car- on the phone with 911- giving them most of the plate numbers, description etc

My policy says you need witnesses or a plate number

hopefully its not rocking stolen plates too~

drivers ed today is a joke:
In my day... we had professional school teachers,, like the graphics teacher,,
doing the in car training,,
and who remembers the simulators?!
and watching movies like death on the road, blood alley, red asphalt,,as required course material!
yes i was on foot trying to chase down the car, but it peeled outta the parking lot so no luck there. I'm still working with this officer to see if he can find my car.... im just going to say this... I'm already at the point of acceptance that i will come out of pocket for this mess.. i think i'm going to buy a new door panel... Nevertheless I've got a Brick in my back seat on the floor and when and if i see her car again... I'm going to leave her an early xmas present.. i know its not right. and two wrongs dont make a right.. but Fuck that when i see her this will make me feel better for her running and not taking care of business like a grown ass woman should have. Given she was legal...
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Team Owner

people who run from the scene are NOT insured,,
once you get that, something else follows--suspended license for 4 dui's...
let your imagination run wild--you have seen COPS

talk to your agent if you have full coverage
otherwise ck the auto recycler (junkyard) for parts- and practice your bondo skills
Old 10-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Team Owner

we understand you are just venting and would never take harmful action against anyone--legal disclaimer~
Old 10-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Hahha, i was just thinking of that.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fuck it...REVENGE!!!!!