Here's what I want to do... thoughts please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's what I want to do... thoughts please!

Howdy all!

As of late I've been asking a lot about various mods I could do to my TL (02 NGM TL-P). I was planning to do various mods, but now I decided I want to get some Lasik surgery done, so that'll be putting a large dent in my wallet for a few months. As such I had to put all of my mods on hold, and then I began thinking... why not trade in my TL and get something a bit better? Now of course this would all have to happen after I finish paying off the Lasik, so I'd be looking at spring/summer of '09. I figured I might as well plan everything in advance so that when the time comes, I just knock everything out right away and I'm good to go. That's why I wanted to get some advice from y'all great people

My TL currently has abou 220,000km's on it and while I'm sure it can go quite a bit further with proper care, I would like a car with significantly less km's on it, and a few other mods. At first I wanted to go with the 03 A-spec, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought it might be better to get an 03 TL-S and simply mod it. Here's the breakdown of what I'd want to do:

- First, my #1 choice for colour would be the Agean Blue Pearl. I absolutely love this blue, but if it's not possible to get it, my secondary choice would be the Nighthawk Black Pearl. I would want the black interior for it. I'd prefer something with maybe 100,000 km's on it or so (the less the better of course). Could someone please give me an idea of what the Acura factory warranty would still cover and up to how many KM's?

- I'd replace the TL-S rims with the 03 A-Spec rims as I absolutely love 'em. Anyone know a place to get them?

- I'd replace the black marble trim on the interior of the car with the A-Spec brushed aliminum trim. Anyone know where I could get that?

- I'd slap a skirt package on the car. I know there are several options to choose from... suggestions please on which you think makes the car look the most aggressive?

- 25% tints all around

- I'd replace the rearview mirror with a Gentex 50-GENK352 one with a built in LCD for a rear view camera so that when I switch into reverse the LCD display activates. You can see it here:

http://www.accessconnect.com/rear-view-lcd-mirror.htm

One of the main reason I would want this is because the factory TL mirror is a bit too small for my tastes. The Gentex one isn't MUCH bigger, but from my measurements it is about an inch longer which should be fine for me. It still supports auto-dimming and I don't think I'd have to worry about potential problems with the mirror leaking and ruining my interior like some people have had happen to them.

- I'd install 4,300k HID fog lights + replace the factory fog lenses with lexan lenses which I already have.

- I'm a huge fan of how the Mugen lip spoiler looks on the trunk. I know some people around here are trying to duplicate it and if their efforts are successful, I'd love to put that on.

- Now I do love the way the dash looks with the Navi system installed, but from comments I've read, it's better to have an aftermarket GPS system (which I do, a Garmin 260 which I mount via a vent clip... best mounting solution IMO). Plus getting the Navi installed wouldn't make any sense from a cost perspective. So what alternatives are available for me to install a more up to date Navi system in the dash? From pictures I've seen, I like the way the climate control system has to be changed to accomodate the navi screen, and I would like something like that if at all possible.

Now, are there any downfalls for doing something like that?

- I'd replace all the interior lights with hyperwhite LEDs just as I have in my current car. I can't stand the dim, beige lights that come stock with the car. I'd also replace the license plate light with a hyperwhite LED, just because I think it looks nicer.

I'd also install footwell lights on the front that would only activate with the dome light and would dim along with the dome light.

- I'd install an aftermarket alarm system with a 2-way remote starter. I honestly haven't done much research into this yet, so I don't know what the best one to get is. Suggestions?

Now I'm also open to doing other things like putting in a new sound system, putting in an extra battery in the trunk to help power all this extra junk (haven't fully researched this yet, but I hear it's a good thing to consider)... and I could get a custom built housing that would occupy the narrow rear section of the trunk only for the sub, amp + battery housing. I also hear some extra work would be needed to properly insulate the trunk and possibly other areas of the car so that the boom of the sub would not rattle everything and make it sound like crap. I don't know anything about that as of yet.

So... that's basically what I'm thinking about doing... I don't know if I'd want to lower it simply because it might make driving a bit more of a bitch with the skirt package already giving me less clearance above the ground. But other than that, what do y'all think? What else SHOULD I do to maximize performance and looks, yet maintain the luxurious look and feel of the car?

I know some poeple might suggest just getting another car, but I really love the 2nd gen TLs and want to stay with it for a long while. That's why I'm willing to trade in my current one for one with less KM's and mod it up.

Anyways... as always, thanks for any help!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Cliff's???
Old 10-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Cliff's???
Sorry, I don't know what that is.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vivftp
Sorry, I don't know what that is.
Sum up your entire post into a few sentences giving the main points.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CL-Slick
Sum up your entire post into a few sentences giving the main points.
lol, ok.

- Right now I have an 02 TL-P NGM with 220,000km on it. I want to get an 03 TL-S in ABP or NBP.

Possible mods include:

- 03 A-Spec rims
- Replacing black marble trim with A-Spec brushed aliminum trim
- Skirt package - don't know which yet
- 25% tints
- Rearview mirror with built in LCD for rear view camera
- 4,300k HID fogs + lexan lenses for them
- Mugen (or knock-off) lip spoiler for the trunk
- In-dash navigational system. Not the Navi, but something else - need suggestions.
- Hyperwhite LED interior lights + white footwell lights that activate with the dome light
- Aftermarket alarm with 2 way remote starter - don't know which yet.

Also, I'm thinking about replacing the interior button lights (windows, radio...) with white LEDs, and possibly a dash mod like the one OntarioTL does.

Hope that's brief enough, hehe.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Clemson Tiger

All of those are good ideas.

As far as indash navi, you can get a Clarion headunit with navi for about a thousand and they have ipod capabilities that include video play.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Just chillen..

Well, you sure well enough did your research. Your on a good road to sucess.

-OEM Kit
-Intake ( Comptech if u still want the quietness but want gains )
-Exhaust (Comptech if you want the deep and clean sound )
-5000K HID I will go with for both low and fogs
-Get JDM Visors too.
-HU - Kenwood / Pionner / Clairion / Eclipse (Research on what you features you want )
Good luck and post pictures when you start modding!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:17 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Cliff's???
That's a bit much to read right now
Old 10-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
lol.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 6MTUA5
That's a bit much to read right now
lol, there's a summary a couple posts below it

Thnx for the comments. I am saddened that I can't afford to do any mods right now... but I'm VERY excited about the prospect of getting a new car with all of these mods.

I just need to know though, some of the things I mentioned like the 03 A-Spec rims and the A-Spec aluminum trim, are those things that're easy to find?

I'll definately be giving a lot of consideration to the in-dash navi system and I'll get my research done on what's best.

FL3.2TL, you suggested the OEM skirt package, right? Do you think it's the best quality one? And do you think it gives the most aggressive look to the car?

One thing that is going to be very important to me on the new car is silence. While driving my current TL I do notice that I hear a fair bit of wind noise, and while I can very well live with it, I would like to minimize it. I don't know if there's anything that could be done (re-doing the weather stripping or something), but I'd like to at least look into it.

Also, would I need to insulate the trunk and possibly other areas if I put a decent sized sub in there? I have friends who know people who could do all the work for me, but I just want to get some more feedback here as well as y'all are the true TL enthusiasts.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Senior Moderator

lol, ok.

- Right now I have an 02 TL-P NGM with 220,000km on it. I want to get an 03 TL-S in ABP or NBP.

Possible mods include:

- 03 A-Spec rims Wouldnt waste my money. Id get better looking aftermarket rims
- Replacing black marble trim with A-Spec brushed aliminum trim Cant buy the pieces. Paint them is the best bet
- Skirt package - don't know which yet OEM only good kit but rare now
- 25% tints Good
- Rearview mirror with built in LCD for rear view camera Good
- 4,300k HID fogs + lexan lenses for them Great
- Mugen (or knock-off) lip spoiler for the trunk Good luck finding them. They are more rare than 2nd gen 6 speeds
- In-dash navigational system. Not the Navi, but something else - need suggestions. Search the Audio section of the forum for good responses and what to use
- Hyperwhite LED interior lights + white footwell lights that activate with the dome light
- Aftermarket alarm with 2 way remote starter - don't know which yet.

Also, I'm thinking about replacing the interior button lights (windows, radio...) with white LEDs, and possibly a dash mod like the one OntarioTL does.

Hope that's brief enough, hehe.
Options in blue
Old 10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Racer

fsttyms1:
Wouldnt waste my money. Id get better looking aftermarket rims
That is of course a possibility. I don't yet know how much it'd cost to get the A-Spec rims, but I honestly do like the look. There're so many rim options out there, I could very well find something I like far more in the months I have to research this.

Cant buy the pieces. Paint them is the best bet
Really? Dang... well that does indeed suck. I was hoping that Acura would at least sell 'em. Anyways, so long as I can get the same appearance with a proper paint job, then I'll be good with that.

OEM only good kit but rare now
Really? How about something like the Wings West lip kit? I know there're other options that I've seen around, but this seems to be a popular one too. I think it looks nice, but know nothing about its quality and whatnot.

Good luck finding them. They are more rare than 2nd gen 6 speeds
Yeah, I've looked 'em up in previous threads and it's sad that the authentic ones are so rare. That's why I'm holding out hope that the guys who're trying to make a similar lip spoiler are successful. BTW, out of curiousity, is it still possible to order the Mugen lip spoiler from Japan? I'd imagine the shipping costs would be astronomical, but I'm just curious if that avenue is still open if all else fails.

Search the Audio section of the forum for good responses and what to use
Yeah, I know basically nothing at all about this stuff, so I'll have to gradually get into it and educate myself to decide what's best.

Thanks for the response!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:41 PM
No He Can't

I just need to know though, some of the things I mentioned like the 03 A-Spec rims and the A-Spec aluminum trim, are those things that're easy to find?
I'm with Kris in saying to get some different after market rims and not the A-Spec ones. Like he said, I don't think you can get the aluminum trim since the A-Spec is a limited model. There are a few threads with people painting the trim pieces to whatever color they prefer.

FL3.2TL, you suggested the OEM skirt package, right? Do you think it's the best quality one? And do you think it gives the most aggressive look to the car?
OEM or nothing at all

Also, would I need to insulate the trunk and possibly other areas if I put a decent sized sub in there? I have friends who know people who could do all the work for me, but I just want to get some more feedback here as well as y'all are the true TL enthusiasts.
The trunk on these cars rattle like no other, even with the license plate in the bumper and not the trunk lid. I'd recommend doing some Dynamat in there and you can also adjust the latch on the trunk lid further down so that the trunk closes more firmly.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Racer

I'm with Kris in saying to get some different after market rims and not the A-Spec ones. Like he said, I don't think you can get the aluminum trim since the A-Spec is a limited model. There are a few threads with people painting the trim pieces to whatever color they prefer.
Hrm... I guess not much love for the A-Spec rims? Or is it just that you think there are better options?

Just for arguments sake though, would buying the A-Spec rims still be possible these days?

And yeah, I guess I'll have to wind up painting the interior parts. I might also consider getting one of those kits off ebay to mod the rest of the interior if I can find one that would work.

OEM or nothing at all
Excuse my ignorance, but in my reading through previous threads, I've heard the 03 A-Spec comes with the Aero package. Is that the same as the OEM?

The trunk on these cars rattle like no other, even with the license plate in the bumper and not the trunk lid. I'd recommend doing some Dynamat in there and you can also adjust the latch on the trunk lid further down so that the trunk closes more firmly.
Hrmmm, good tips. I'll definately have to do something about the rattle if I do want to put in the new sound system.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Racer

I was just browsing some threads and an obvious thought popped into my head. As I'm thinking about getting the in-dash navigational unit and all, I believe many of them allow you to hook your rear view camera up to them so that they'll activate whenever you go into reverse, correct? If so, that'll save about $400 in having to buy that Gentex mirror, and it'll allow me to get a normal rear view mirror with auto-dimming capabilities.

Any suggestions for that anyone? Personally I'd like something that affords a MUCH better view of what's going on behind me than the stock TL mirror, but I don't want to go with one so huge that it blocks out a huge portion of my view.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Senior Moderator

If your going to spend money on rims go with something larger and better looking.

As for the trim, you could buy the center console pieces but the door pieces you have to buy the whole door panel. They dont sell them separately. Painting is cheaper.

As for the backup camera i would just hook it up to the navi. Though turning you head and knowing your car is better
Old 10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Racer

If your going to spend money on rims go with something larger and better looking.
Hrmm, what size would you suggest? I've seen a lot of people comment that 17" is too small, and 20" is too big in most cases. So what's the magic number? 18"?

Also, this purely out of curiousity, but would it make ANY sense whatsoever to install a big break kit? I know it's damned expensive, but for an average driver does it make much sense?

As for the trim, you could buy the center console pieces but the door pieces you have to buy the whole door panel. They dont sell them separately. Painting is cheaper.
Hrmm, so you can get the pieces, eh? Meh, I guess I'll go the painted route. I'm not actually THAT huge a fan of the blue leather on the A-Spec and wouldn't want to have to buy the whole panel just to get the brushed aluminum look.

As for the backup camera i would just hook it up to the navi. Though turning you head and knowing your car is better
Most definately. One of the reasons I'm thinking about the camera is because I live in an area with 3 elementary schools and my dads Caravan is usually parked right beside my car on the driveway. When backing out it's entirely within the realm of possibility that a small kid could wander behind my car and I wouldn't have seen 'em because the van would be blocking my view. It's just an added safety measure that I feel is worth it.

... plus I like toys
Old 10-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
18" and 19" are the most popular rim sizes

as for the big brake kit, IMO its mainly for looks since that kind of stopping power seems to be overkill for our cars, but if you've got the money go for it
Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Chillin' in my trailer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your plans sound good. I think the car will turn out well.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the Gentex link posted at the beginning of thread...

Our mirrors will not fit the following car and suv make / models: Acura, BMW, Hyundai, and Porsche.

You must do better research before you commit $300+...unless you are an acomplished modder/diyer...
Old 10-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DC3328
18" and 19" are the most popular rim sizes

as for the big brake kit, IMO its mainly for looks since that kind of stopping power seems to be overkill for our cars, but if you've got the money go for it
Hrmm... is there any way to mimic the big break look without having to pay the big break price? hehe

Originally Posted by CL-Slick
Your plans sound good. I think the car will turn out well.
Thanks

The only major problem I have right now is that I know jack about cars. I might be picking up a bit here and there, but when it comes down to it, I don't know anything about the guts of a car, what's needed to improve things and what does what. I see a lot of threads people post about mods they're doing, but unfortunately I don't know what most of it means. So is there anything else I should be looking to do to the car? Or even better, let me explain what I want out of it, and maybe you guys could offer some tips. Basically I want as smooth a ride as possible (tires and suspension are the biggest factors here I assume?), I'd like the average ride to be as quiet as possible (not that it's overtly loud right now), but when I gun it, I'd like to hear it and let others know it too. I guess that's all in the exhaust system. I don't know how much different the type S sounds to the P edition, but if it comes down to it, and if it helps performance any, I'd be willing to slap in a new exhaust system. There seem to be quite a few threads about that as of late... I really don't know what's required for it all... I'd just shell out the cash and get someone else to do it

Anyways... thanks for the help thus far guys!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by edesoto
Our mirrors will not fit the following car and suv make / models: Acura, BMW, Hyundai, and Porsche.

You must do better research before you commit $300+...unless you are an acomplished modder/diyer...
LOL!

Ya know I've been looking at this mirror for a couple weeks now and I never noticed that in any of the links. I'd posted a thread about it a while ago, but I just assumed there was an adapter you could get so that the mirror could be mounted on our cars. The adapter is linked to on the same page when you scroll down.

Either way, I guess it doesn't matter much anymore if I'm going to use the in-dash navigational system for the rear view camera
Old 10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
No He Can't

Hrmm, what size would you suggest? I've seen a lot of people comment that 17" is too small, and 20" is too big in most cases. So what's the magic number? 18"?
18"s are great, but I think 19s are perfect if you have the dough for them

Also, this purely out of curiousity, but would it make ANY sense whatsoever to install a big break kit? I know it's damned expensive, but for an average driver does it make much sense?
For just an average driver, I wouldn't go with the BBK. I would upgrade the rotors and pads, and get the 2G Legend 2 piston calipers.. probably some SS lines while you're at it to get the fluid flowing good.

EDIT: Just giving you some rough estimates on the braking stuff..
~$500 for the rotors and pads
~$150 Legend calipers
~$100 SS lines

~$750 (+install if you're not doing it yourself) total compared to what $2K for the BBK?

Last edited by 6MTUA5; 10-13-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Racer

18"s are great, but I think 19s are perfect if you have the dough for them
Okilydokily. Thanks

Are there any possible disadvantages (other than cost) to going 19"? Does it hinder/improve performance in any way? Or it makes no difference.

For just an average driver, I wouldn't go with the BBK. I would upgrade the rotors and pads, and get the 2G Legend 2 piston calipers.. probably some SS lines while you're at it to get the fluid flowing good.

EDIT: Just giving you some rough estimates on the braking stuff..
~$500 for the rotors and pads
~$150 Legend calipers
~$100 SS lines

~$750 (+install if you're not doing it yourself) total compared to what $2K for the BBK?
Yep, definately going to put something nice on when the time comes. Would you say that's the best combo for looks/performance/cost?

Also.... umm... what are SS lines?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:41 PM
No He Can't

Are there any possible disadvantages (other than cost) to going 19"? Does it hinder/improve performance in any way? Or it makes no difference.
The bigger the wheel you get, the smaller profile tire you will have to get. The 19" tires will have a rougher ride than the 18"

Also.... umm... what are SS lines?
Stainless Steel Lines.. you replace your current brake lines with the stainless steel ones. When fluid gets heated up and you brake, the stock lines will expand, causing the fluid to not flow as good as it can into the calipers. The stiff SS lines will not expand allowing the fluid to flow better. Many people report a little bit stiffer pedal (which is what I would like.. I still haven't picked them or the 2G Legend calipers up yet).
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Racer

The bigger the wheel you get, the smaller profile tire you will have to get. The 19" tires will have a rougher ride than the 18"
Hrmm, well I don't necessarily mind having more rubber - especially if it's at the expense of a smooth ride.

Is it possible to go with 19" yet still maintain just as smooth a ride as smaller rims?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 PM
No He Can't

Maybe with some nice ass expensive tires, but you won't get as good a ride on 19's and you will with 17's and some nice fat tires.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Racer

Maybe with some nice ass expensive tires, but you won't get as good a ride on 19's and you will with 17's and some nice fat tires.
Hrmm... so I suppose I should consider going with 17's and fat tires then...

*sigh* I dunno... guess I'll have to take a look at what a lot of other people have done and see how it looks
Old 10-14-2008, 02:22 AM
Your Garage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hrmm... is there any way to mimic the big break look without having to pay the big break price? hehe
yup
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=120372.0

and to tell you the truth, in order to get the looks/performance that you want your going to have to sacrifice ride quality/complete silence
Old 10-14-2008, 02:44 AM
Racer

lol, ok I guess that won't be something I'll go for

Well... this would of course all depend on how much money I have to blow at the time, but if we're talking about roughly $750 already for a quality brake system, it's not THAT huge a leap to move to $2k for the big brake system. I take it if I were to buy a big brake kit that'll include everything and anything I could need for the job?

The only reason I'm thinking about this is a few weeks ago I got to drive a 5-series BMW one of my friends had on loan while he was waiting for his car to be serviced, and when I tapped those brakes that car was SO bloody responsive! In comparison my TLs brakes seemed sluggish and obsolete. Now according to my friend, a big brake kit would basically put the ones on that 5 series to shame, and to be honest a part of me would like that sort of responsiveness. I suppose the only questions are how long would I expect a big brake kits components to last compared to the normal stuff I'd put on the car (if it's going to last about the same time, that kinda makes its appeal a whole lot lower, but if it lasts far, far longer, that does raise its value), and do y'all think my friend was accurate in his comparison to the 5 series and installing a big brake kit?

and to tell you the truth, in order to get the looks/performance that you want your going to have to sacrifice ride quality/complete silence
Oh I seriously don't mind sacrificing a bit of looks if it'll gain a noticable difference in ride quality and silence. I suppose I'm looking for the perfect mix. I don't yet know what that is, but hopefully with some research I'll find it.

Sacrificing performance would obviously suck, but I suppose the question would be just how much I'd have to sacrifice with this comprimise. If it's minimal, I wouldn't mind. If it's going to severely affect my fuel economy and power while driving, then that's where I might have to draw the line.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:49 AM
No He Can't

IMO, I'm not sure that even with the BBK, the TL would stop better than that brand new 5 series. BMW brakes are notoriously touchy and the TL has a lot of weight behind it to stop. Maybe some other people can chime in on this. I mean, it is definitely a big upgrade, but I don't think that they are at those levels.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Racer

IMO, I'm not sure that even with the BBK, the TL would stop better than that brand new 5 series. BMW brakes are notoriously touchy and the TL has a lot of weight behind it to stop. Maybe some other people can chime in on this. I mean, it is definitely a big upgrade, but I don't think that they are at those levels.
Hmm, until we get some other people in on this discussion, is there anything you can think of that would definately give the 2G TL that sort of stopping power?

From my limited knowledge the BBK is as good as it gets, but for all I know there's something better.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Just chillen..

Hmm, until we get some other people in on this discussion, is there anything you can think of that would definately give the 2G TL that sort of stopping power?

From my limited knowledge the BBK is as good as it gets, but for all I know there's something better.
Well how much stopping power you want? I heard people with Rotora Rotors and Hawk Pads are extremely happy. More braking than OEM, less shakier, and quieter too. Check with Mr.HeelToe over the blackmarket side (group buys). or with Excelerate.

Check here too, I'm not done with it, but I been continued it. Just waiting for it to be finished up. Should help, hopefully!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=622578&page=2
Old 10-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by FL3.2TL
Well how much stopping power you want? I heard people with Rotora Rotors and Hawk Pads are extremely happy. More braking than OEM, less shakier, and quieter too. Check with Mr.HeelToe over the blackmarket side (group buys). or with Excelerate.
If I could make it as responsive as the 5 series BMW, I'd be more than happy... but if it's not possible it's no biggie

Yeah, a quick search on the Rotora BBK shows a very big price difference to the Brembo BBK. Would I really notice that much of a difference in performance? How about lifespan?

Porbably the most important factor for deciding to go with the BBK is just how long it'll last me compared to the normal setup I'd put on one of our cars. If it lasts just as long, then that lowers its value to me greatly. If OTOH it should last me twice as long as your typical normal setup, then it make far more sense and doesn't hurt the wallet as much as it's more of a long term investment that'll give better performance throughout its life.

Check here too, I'm not done with it, but I been continued it. Just waiting for it to be finished up. Should help, hopefully!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showt...=622578&page=2
Cool... of course I don't know what most of that stuff is yet, but cool!

Heh, I have a loooooooong way to go to learn about all these things
Old 10-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL!

Ya know I've been looking at this mirror for a couple weeks now and I never noticed that in any of the links. I'd posted a thread about it a while ago, but I just assumed there was an adapter you could get so that the mirror could be mounted on our cars. The adapter is linked to on the same page when you scroll down.

Either way, I guess it doesn't matter much anymore if I'm going to use the in-dash navigational system for the rear view camera
Makes a lot more sense...

Post some pics when you begin modding pls
Old 10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by edesoto
Makes a lot more sense...

Post some pics when you begin modding pls
Yep, I'll be taking tons of pics. Again though, don't be expecting this anytime soon. I have my new eyes to take care of first, then probably spring/summer of next year I'll have saved up enough to trade in my current TL and get the new one... THEN the fun begins