Have this ever happened to you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have this ever happened to you?

Believe it or not....I have to use my own car as a drive off service when I turned in my car for service at Acura Pleasanton. They said I have to wait 25-30 minutes to get a shuttle. Gee...what about a loaner car? Acura service has been becoming worse and worse over the past year. Sounds like the level of service given by Acura is about the same as Honda now. I am really disappointed. I wonder if this ever happened to you?
Old 10-12-2004, 12:57 PM
Chloe @ 17mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you called in to make the appointment, did you specify a loaner?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:49 PM
Intermediate

I've giving up a car loaner for long time since dealships always try to find thousand of reasons not to give you. But, at least we can get a shuttle service without using our own car, am I right? They have to increase the number of shuttle service if they have lots of customers. I think the image of Acura being a luxury car is getting fade now.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Racer

Acura quality plain out sucks. Try walk into Mercedes, it doesn't matter if you're 11 years old, a teen, or 45... they'll treat you really well, really well. Even BMW. EVEN LEXUS with the customer fridge.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:15 PM
1st Gear

good thing my cousin works at the Acura dealership i get a loaner even if im dropping it off for an oil change
Old 10-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my dealership always have some excuse about loner cars.... they claim that they only have 1 car and its ALWAYS gone....
Old 10-12-2004, 02:40 PM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still say it depends on the dealer's commitment to customer satisfaction.

My recent loaner car was an 04' TL for two days (I actually didn't like that car too much).
Old 10-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It depends on the service you are getting done. If it is just an oil change, usually you have to wait, but if it is a major service they usually will give you a loaner provided that you requested a loaner in the first place.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
You can't just go in there and ask for one. You have to reserve one in advance. It's not a right; it's a privilege.

Having said that, I haven't gotten Acura loaner vehicles because I'm not 25 yet, but they gave me rental cars instead. Beats not having a car at all.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Advanced

I took my TLS to Acura of Pleasanton yesterday, requested a loaner for the day when I made the appt a week earlier. They ended up give me a POS Corolla from Budget and had to wait for over 1/2 hour for them to bring the car. Went to pick up my car in the afternoon and was told it was not ready and the service writer just found out that the part that was ordered and took two week to receive was damaged and a new one would be overnighted. I am wonder what they did to my car that they are fixing today. This dealership use to be pretty good but the last few trips the service has gone down.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:13 PM
9th Gear

Yeah, I agreed. I kept from going to Acura of Pleasanton. Most of the advisors don't know jack. The last time I went there to do my brakes and my brake lamp light came on. I asked them what is this light about and they answer me "I don't really know". They turn off the car and turn it back on and said "the light is off now", you should be good. I drove it home and looked at the manual and it means one of my brake light bulb needed to change. WTF, that wasn't that hard of question was it?
Old 10-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Advanced

Unfortunately they are the most convenant dealer to home and work (next nearest is 20 miles away) and it is warranty work they are doing. There is a independent Honda/Acura shop in Livermore that I go to for regular service and out of warranty work so the dealer does not get my $$ for regular service items.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Intermediate

JKJ1718, I am bringing my TL for 60K maintenance plus having the brake issues as you stated in your post. But, I don't think my brake light is ON because one of the light bulb is broken. Let's see what will they come up with the solution today. Also, did you guys notice Acura of Pleasanton charges a bit more expensive than other dealership?
Old 10-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Acura service is flat out no good. The next time I get a car I'll look very closely at the kind of service backing it.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Advanced

Acura of Pleasanton just called me and guess what. Fed Ex did not get the part from Honda or so they say. So my car will not be ready until Wednesday. They did hope the Rental car was ok.

They better have my car in one piece because I want it back tonight and I will live with the minor noise coming fromthe steering wheel.

The Regional office will be getting notified.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 PM
Instructor

cljw, I have some issues with a dealership, can you tell me how to contact the regional office to file a complaint?
Old 10-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Mr. 2tone

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
the pleasanton dealership is really nice...the girl gave me the 40k service and it contained the tranny inspection and oil change n tire rotation but the service people at the desk wrote off the tire rotation because i dont need it yet n saved me money...hey bdarma...how old r u...?
Old 10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Not Asian

All dealers are different. When I go in and forget to mention if I need a loaner, they always ask if I needed one anyway. So, I think it's not fair to put Acura in a category just because of one dealer.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Green2000TL
cljw, I have some issues with a dealership, can you tell me how to contact the regional office to file a complaint?
There is address information in your owners manual.

Also, I picked up my car today as the part had not come in or even shipped form Honda. and discovered that one of my rims was damaged. The service manager said he would take care of it. but it is just one more hassle that I have to deal with. I have stated in previous threads that I liked the Pleasanton dealership, but something has changed over the last few months.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Advanced

^ I agree. All dealerships are different. I will be taking mine in for warranty service (just bought it in Dallas, drove it to Phx the next day - didn't have time for them in TX to correct everything that I wanted) to North Scottsdale Acura tomorrow. Before I made the appt, I checked out all of the local Phx dealers' records. N. Scotts had the best service record (5 or 6 consecutive yrs of being made "precision team" or whatever it's called). He told me a loaner car would be available - I asked, of course... He then explained that if they ever don't have a loaner available, they would gladly put me in a Hertz rental. Although that's nice, I don't want anything but a loaner... I know that the one dealer that's closest to me doesn't even offer a loaner - so I'm driving an extra 10 minutes. I'll let you guys know how well the service truly is after my service work is completed.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:31 PM
Smitty's Moral Police

Acura provides the car, the DEALER provides the service. That said, the Honda dealer next to my Acura dealer is far less..nice.. inside. You can see the difference in quality, you have a window to watch them work on your car at Acura. I think you are just spoiled. Also, I'm not 11 and I wouldn't say I was treated well at BMW, not poorly but not well.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:33 PM
00' WDP BABY!!!

acura of north scottsdale is one of the best. they took care of me many times and excellent service too. they offer loaner cars for $7... as long as you make an appointment... hehe

before i even went there.. i emailed them askin if they do loaner cars and guess what... somebody actually called me to tell me if i need one or not... i was shocked. they go out of their way to satisfy their customers.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:13 PM
isr
Advanced

I guess it all depends on who you know. I get a loaner car even If I dont get serviced. I fix the owner's personal pc's..The're service is one of the best, flat screen tv, fridge, wireless, leather couches.... awesome.
I had an 04 TL for 6 days... I bought my car an 02 tls, then a couple months later or so went for oil change and had my rear glass installed ( broke cuz of stereo ), well they were done within 2 days.. guy calls mr.imran would you like to pick up your car today or would you like to keep the tl for a few more days....
i ragged it out so much... hehe =]

One more thing, I raced a 04 TL auto..
This kid was showing off etc etc... got next to me. I think he was using tip tronic.
Anyways we raced 3 times. Twice from a roll and once from dead stop. Both times I had one and half car on him middle of 3rd( like 90-100 MPH )
Anyways I also have a big system in trunk plus i had a passenger with me. new tl was just that one kid in the car..

thought i would share..
Old 10-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by PhxAcura
... Before I made the appt, I checked out all of the local Phx dealers' records. N. Scotts had the best service record (5 or 6 consecutive yrs of being made "precision team" or whatever it's called). ...
How did you go about checking on the service record of the different acura dealers in your area?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:17 PM
00' WDP BABY!!!

register your car on the owners link at acura.com and it will tell you about the dealers around you.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Advanced

^ u can even find out about the dealers around u from the acura.com site. just use the dealer locator icon and enter your zip...
Old 10-13-2004, 01:30 PM
00' WDP BABY!!!

Old 10-13-2004, 01:39 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Originally Posted by cljw
They did hope the Rental car was ok.
Say the rental car is not ok because it's smoking....Then when you go there, say that you want a car of comparable quality/price.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Intermediate

I got my car back yesterday. They told me the brake light is ON because the shortage of oil brake. They said they'd added in and it's all okay. Guess what...this morning I found out the brake light is still on. FYI, my brake light is only on for about 10 sec after I apply the brake when I drive the car early in the morning (when the engine is still cold). After about 10 min driving, the brake light never comes up.

Then, I decided to call Acura Pleasanton again. The service consultant gave the "direct number" yesterday, but it is so damn hard to give them a call. No one picks up the phone (as a matter of fact I've been trying to call them since yesterday afternoon). Everytime someone pick up the one, it's coming from the cashier. So, they only expect to get payment from you; not giving you a service advisory?

If visit: http://www.acura.com/locate/locate_prteam.asp?bhcp=1, Acura of Pleasanton is listed as in Acura Precision Team for the 2nd year?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:08 PM
9th Gear

I agreed. Pleasanton charges more for their service. I go to the one on the other side of the bay as well - Serramonte. I think the people are nicer but I don't think the quality is as good but they are all the same to me on these two. Out for your money.......!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bdarmawan
Believe it or not....I have to use my own car as a drive off service when I turned in my car for service at Acura Pleasanton. They said I have to wait 25-30 minutes to get a shuttle. Gee...what about a loaner car? Acura service has been becoming worse and worse over the past year. Sounds like the level of service given by Acura is about the same as Honda now. I am really disappointed. I wonder if this ever happened to you?
when i worked at toyota and infiniti we used to do it all the time.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by turbox777
Acura quality plain out sucks. Try walk into Mercedes, it doesn't matter if you're 11 years old, a teen, or 45... they'll treat you really well, really well. Even BMW. EVEN LEXUS with the customer fridge.

you mean SERVICE ???
Old 10-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Advanced

^ right. i don't associate quality w/ mercedes... my friend's new '04 S-Class has been in for repairs so often, he almost puts more miles on his loaner than his own car...