It happened to me

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry It happened to me

Well, it finally happened to me. I've always felt really bad when people would post about how their car got hit and I could never imagine how bad it would suck. Well, now I can imagine it. It happened at work today. No idea who it was but I will be checking out all the cars in the lot tomorrow for a corresponding scratch. The damage isn't bad at all, just needs to be painted but I really hate seeing that mark on my baby. I am wondering what the quote will be to paint the bumper. Does anyone know of a good body shop in VA Beach? Well anyway...here are the pics.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:25 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear Many of the dealerships have folks contracted by the dealership or who work for the dealership that can fix that up for you. It's a shame that thinks like this happen. Unfortunately is is uncommon for people to own up to accidents like these because it easier just to drive away. Hope everything works out ok.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Yes it is!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a weird one, because it goes from the back around to the side. You'd think if a car did it, you'd also have the bumper pushed in.

Almost looks to me as if someone did it with a shopping cart or something, but I've never seen shopping carts that low.

Weird.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Wallace, LA

Similar thing happened to me at school last semester. I walked by my car Thursday evening and all was well. I left Thursday night for home and I wake up to get the paper on Friday morning and I'm just glancing at my baby and I see it...a very similar scratch/rash in a very similar location to yours. So that next Monday I walk the lot at school looking for a white car with a corresponding scratch pattern...and I find her. A white Accord. Luckily, because of my fathers job, he works very closly with policeman. I called my dad and he sent out a policeman to come check it out and file a report. He ran her plate and questioned her later that afternoon...but she denied it and since I had no proof(witness) besides the scratches I'm fucked. The policeman admitted to me he thinks she probably did it, but there is nothing I can do if she does not confess and I have no witness.

Moral of the story is you are fucked unless you find the car and owner confesses.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by TLsu
Similar thing happened to me at school last semester. I walked by my car Thursday evening and all was well. I left Thursday night for home and I wake up to get the paper on Friday morning and I'm just glancing at my baby and I see it...a very similar scratch/rash in a very similar location to yours. So that next Monday I walk the lot at school looking for a white car with a corresponding scratch pattern...and I find her. A white Accord. Luckily, because of my fathers job, he works very closly with policeman. I called my dad and he sent out a policeman to come check it out and file a report. He ran her plate and questioned her later that afternoon...but she denied it and since I had no proof(witness) besides the scratches I'm fucked. The policeman admitted to me he thinks she probably did it, but there is nothing I can do if she does not confess and I have no witness.

Moral of the story is you are fucked unless you find the car and owner confesses.
Damn, that sucks. If the person wasn't willing to leave me a note saying they hit my car...then chances are they won't confess if I do find the car and ask them about it. Well, we will see what happens with it. I let you guys know. Do you remember how much it cost to re-paint the bumper?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Wallace, LA

Originally Posted by snowman81
Damn, that sucks. If the person wasn't willing to leave me a note saying they hit my car...then chances are they won't confess if I do find the car and ask them about it. Well, we will see what happens with it. I let you guys know. Do you remember how much it cost to re-paint the bumper?

I didn't repaint the bumper...I don't have the cash yet.

If you find the car that did it...file a hit and run report...and have the policeman run the plate and question them(the hit and runner) himself. If he is a good cop, and after looking at both your car and theirs he belives they did it, what he will do when he meets them is start reading them their rights and be quasi aggressive with them (in efforts to make them realize the severity of what they have done) and it kinda scares them into telling the truth. I just think a person would be more apt to lying to you than a tight lipped cop who just read them their rights.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by TLsu
I didn't repaint the bumper...I don't have the cash yet.

If you find the car that did it...file a hit and run report...and have the policeman run the plate and question them(the hit and runner) himself. If he is a good cop, and after looking at both your car and theirs he belives they did it, what he will do when he meets them is start reading them their rights and be quasi aggressive with them (in efforts to make them realize the severity of what they have done) and it kinda scares them into telling the truth. I just think a person would be more apt to lying to you than a tight lipped cop who just read them their rights.

Good luck.
Yeah, good point. I was thinking about leaving a note on their car asking them to call me so we could work something out but I now I don't think that's such a good idea. I should just get the cops involved from the get go. That will save a lot of hassle on both ends and maybe make the person realize they screwed up. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:33 PM
checkmate...

Be thankful that you didn't receive a dent like mine:

It's not worth it to repaint the bumper, considering you would have to pay for it and the damage is very minimal. I would just polish those white scratches out and just paint touchup the black areas.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by mr.motoring
Be thankful that you didn't receive a dent like mine:

It's not worth it to repaint the bumper, considering you would have to pay for it and the damage is very minimal. I would just polish those white scratches out and just paint touchup the black areas.
Damn...sorry to see your damage. I think that if I find the person and they don't own up to it, I may do what you suggested. I'm not sure yet though because the damn touchup paint doesn't match at all. If you look at the second picture a little to the right of where the new damage is, you will see the touchup paint that "matches" my paint. Not even close, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. The more I look at it, it seems to me like someone cut it to sharp when they were pulling out of a parking spot next to mine grazed the corner. So I will be looking that the sides of peoples cars tomorrow at work. Only about 60 cars to look at...