Great dealer experience!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 04:12 PM
04 Black Infiniti I35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great dealer experience!

I was at the dealer few days ago getting my rearview mirror installed (didnt wanna crack my windshield), a day later I recived a call from "Acura customer satisfaction".

The lady asked me about my experience, and I told her it was good visit, they washed my car for free and everything was ok BUT the only reason it was good is because I had to pay for the labor, when it comes down to warranty issues they have problems stepping up.

She paused and asked me more about that issue, I told her that few months back I was at the same dealer trying to get the black tape around the windows replaced because it was starting to shrivel up and they told me to go to the dealer where I bought my car, so I told her I was not happy and I will never buy another Acura next time Ill be going with Infiniti and my girl was gonna buy a car soon and it sure wont be an Acura .... to keep it short, she gave me the # of the service manager and she noted my name in the system.

I went to the dealer today spoke with the manager, he will replace all 4 of those window frame vinyls, and the manager also noticed that my drivers seat leather is starting to slightly wear out and to crack (my passanger side is like brand new) so they will replace it for free as a good will gesture, and they will also provide me with a loaner!

Letting Acura know how you feel really worked great for me!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Prick of the month

This is very true, if you tell Acura customer service you were unhappy with anything, they call the service manager and give them your name and the issue. I had this happen a few weeks ago, I didn't need anything replaced, just inspection. I asked one of the service guys a question, they didn't answer to my satisfaction and didn't seem to have the knowledge of the cars I have come to expect. That was the only thing I said, I praised the rest of the service, next day the service manager called me, said my name came up in a meeting and wanted to know what they could do. I know not everyone is happy with Acura's customer service, but at least they are trying, and some good has come of it.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the call from Accura too. It seems that Acura finally realize that good service is important for customer retainsion. I could see the service improvement at Mike Harvey Acura at Burlingame, Ca. I have used their services and seen complaints about them before i brought my car for the recent service. It has been day and night. I hope Acura keeps up with their service improvement.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Advanced

I hope after Saturday, I can say the same. I've been fighting with the dealership for the past 3 weeks for a vibration issues and things seems to be looking better for this weekend trip to the dealership. It's nice to hear these positive experiences from other owners. It gives the rest of us hope.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Much of the goodwill you can get is directly from the Service Manager- I never talk to the Writer- only Manager, and have his cell number in case I ever have questions or need appointment

When you talk to 1-800-382-2238 x5 Acura Care, they send email by Blackberry/email/ phone to managers all over the place. Thats bad for the local guy- "Managers head on the block was the description given to me."

If you have any questions or issues, please talk to the Manager in person at the dealer FIRST. They are not always aware of the techs or writers laxness or worse!
The managers job is to get 100 percent 10s on the survey or make it right with the customer. If not 100 percent happy - look your car over before leaving, ask questions about repairs and parts/labor warranty. Ask for the Service Manager
They will go out of their way to goodwill replace seat covers, trim parts, comp oil change or similar to make you happy.

Then you can honestly give them 10s because they deserve it
If they don't, and your comlaints are not resolved, then by all means call acura care

While we are on the name, call same number and register your car by VIN
They can tell you if any open/pending,still needs recalls or service notes for your car
You might get a free timing belt or water pump or transmission!!!
Also go to www.acura.com ownership experience link and register there too. Different system and can store your radio and nav security codes there
Old 03-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
If you get outstanding service from any employee at Acura, send a snail mail or call them with those comments.
Everyone doing great work deserves a pat on the back- and a call to Acura Care will ensure that. Everyone from the guy who drives the shuttle and brings your car up-thru the repair tech and parts dept even the girl who takes your money to the Service Manager get performance reviews and $ from good remarks
Bad marks- no or reduced bonus
Good Marks- Party!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
YEah i was just in yesterday at inskip acura in ri where i always bring the car in , they had to replace the cat, all under warrenty so no money out of my pocket even got a loaner... service manager was there when i dropped the car off and he was looking at it and noticed the b-pillars that are all shot like most tls get, and said we will replace all 4 for free also, without me even having to ask and point them out. so i was happy about that since i've been trying to find an acura dealer to do that for the last year, including this one but never went to the service manager, so yeah moral alwasy go up one level to the service manager
Old 03-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
That is good to hear you got the right service. If Acura would step up on their service, their products would have better sales comparing to infinity and lexus. When my car was under warranty, they didn't do jack on any warranty service under 50k. Everything to them is normal when it comes to warranty service, tranny fluid is pitch black and they call it normal. I had my car taken care by the dealer from the beginning, but I soon realize they are just a bunch of Stealerships. They didn't do things right. Cant replace the ac air filter right. Take another example, the shocks are bad, and they told me they were normal. I replaced them with an independent shop and all 4 oem shock are bad, really sticky, making the ride real harshed and turns are leaning badly. The door billards they didn't replaced. Acura can try to build the best products, but with their bad service reputation, their products are not going anywhere. Someone would rather get KIA with a lot less for the money and sell it every 50k, rather than paying big bucks for acura, bad service, and you have to keep the car for a long time with no warranty service. while selling a car at 50k, meaning you don't have to deal with the parts that will start to fail, in general, right after 50k.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:04 AM
04 Black Infiniti I35

From now on, I'm just going to deal with the service manager who I spoke with, everything was very simple with him, no games no bullshit...just great customer service.

My car has 49k miles, and I have another 12/12 certified warranty thereafter.

Seriously, after leaving the dealership, that service manager was the ONLY dealership staff member who I shook hands with, I never in my life shook any other dealship staff members hand because I cant respect the other jackasses who lie to you to your face.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:27 PM
2nd Gear

Do you guys know if Honda Dealerships are expected to keep the same level of quality and care with Acuras as the actual Acura Dealerships are? I don't really have a close Acura dealership to work with (the nearest is well over an hour away, but always been very friendly). However, there's a newer Honda one just in the town that I work in. Would be great if I could take questions and checkup things in there knowing confidently that they were someone I would want to deal with.

I also agree that it's an extremely positive sign to hear good feedback stories from dealerships. After all the bad stories, it's encouraging to see a bit of a turn around. I'm a huge backer of excellent customer service, and I know first-hand how that can keep a customer (in any industry) returning for many years.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Safety Car

Received 219 Likes on 168 Posts
I've dealt with Honda dealerships around my area and there pretty good people. The Acura dealerships are asses. I'm gonna go complain tommorow about my wheelcap. Fuckers can't mount a wheel for shit without losing anything.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Advanced

The update:
Went to the dealer on Saturday, arrived at 12pm and left at 5pm. It took them 5 hours to install 4 tires, balance them and align the car. I had my 1.5 year old baby and my girl with me this time. It takes 2 hours to get to the dealership because of the Miami traffic. After 4 granola bars and 2 bottles of water they told me that my car was ready. The good news is that the vibration at speeds are gone. I can still feel every nook and cranny in the road.. but the car no longer vibrates at speeds with the new tires. I'm not sure hows to rate my experience in this instance. I'm glad that the vibration is gone but I feel drained. It took me 3 trips to the dealer, for me to argue with the "sales manager" and having to call Acura's client care dept.
-ronie undecided.