Got My Car Back From Accident..

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 01:58 AM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got My Car Back From Accident..

Well, I got my car back today, drove it home, and parked, and i smelled some burning. So I got out and took a look at my car, to see where the smell is coming from, and I small smoke coming out of the hood. I opened the hood, and a puff of smoke bursted at me, not thick smoke. But yeah, after this, I took it on the freeway for a drive, hit VTEC a few times, it ran normally. Picked up speed like normal, everything was pretty normal. After the freeway drive, came back home, parked it, and there was still smoke and a burning smell. Popped the hood, went back in my car, and I saw that the smoke was coming out from behind the engine (if you`re looking at it from the front of the car). So I went out and checked, used a flashlight to see what was wrong, but no luck, I didn`t know what was going on . And also, a few days ago, when I got it back (temporary), my car was dirty, and under the hood was dirty. I told the bodyshop if they can wash my car, and he did, I was watching, and then he pops my hood and sprays water in the engine area and the surrounding areas (left of engine, right of engine), and I`ve always thought that this was bad, but since the bodyshop did it, I didn`t say anything about it. So, can this be a problem? Spraying water into the engine? My engine cover is on also. Well, any help will be greatly appreciated. I am going to call the bodyshop tomorrow and tell them what is wrong. I hope they don`t tell me to take it in and keep it there for another 309430498 years like they did before. -___-
Old 01-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slikz
Well, I got my car back today, drove it home, and parked, and i smelled some burning. So I got out and took a look at my car, to see where the smell is coming from, and I small smoke coming out of the hood. I opened the hood, and a puff of smoke bursted at me, not thick smoke. But yeah, after this, I took it on the freeway for a drive, hit VTEC a few times, it ran normally. Picked up speed like normal, everything was pretty normal. After the freeway drive, came back home, parked it, and there was still smoke and a burning smell. Popped the hood, went back in my car, and I saw that the smoke was coming out from behind the engine (if you`re looking at it from the front of the car). So I went out and checked, used a flashlight to see what was wrong, but no luck, I didn`t know what was going on . And also, a few days ago, when I got it back (temporary), my car was dirty, and under the hood was dirty. I told the bodyshop if they can wash my car, and he did, I was watching, and then he pops my hood and sprays water in the engine area and the surrounding areas (left of engine, right of engine), and I`ve always thought that this was bad, but since the bodyshop did it, I didn`t say anything about it. So, can this be a problem? Spraying water into the engine? My engine cover is on also. Well, any help will be greatly appreciated. I am going to call the bodyshop tomorrow and tell them what is wrong. I hope they don`t tell me to take it in and keep it there for another 309430498 years like they did before. -___-
dont worry about it, its probably just some radiator fluid or someting stupid.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:41 AM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Radiator fluid? Meaning, it`s just burning the radiator fluid right the is leaking somehow? And when it all burns away the smell will stop, and the smoke?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:35 AM
Banned

nah your prob either

1. burning off excess oil
2. burning off excess radiator fluid

when its done burning off it wont smkoe or smell anymore

unless you have a cracked radiator or a leaking hose there is no reason for a leak anywhere
Old 01-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Banned

check the radiator if anything
Old 01-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Hmm...Is that right??

Originally Posted by Hurleysurf24
nah your prob either

1. burning off excess oil
2. burning off excess radiator fluid

when its done burning off it wont smkoe or smell anymore

unless you have a cracked radiator or a leaking hose there is no reason for a leak anywhere
you should be fine...do make sure you are full on fluids though...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:49 AM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

i got mine back today is a 3rd gen but she still smells like coolant but i wouldnt worry the excess coolant will burn out and settle it will be fine promise you mane
Old 03-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're either fine, or in a week or two your car will quit working. Either way, you'll know soon enough.

Most likely though you're fine. Since your car was in an accident and had work done to it, it's probably got some <insert best #1 answer here> on your <insert best #2 answer here> and it is burning off.

Answers for # 1: Oil, Collant, Paint, Grease, Wet shit

Answers for # 2: Engine, Exhaust, Pulleys, Belt, Hot shit

Get my drift?