Engine Light Back On

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 10:01 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Light Back On

I don't want to discourage anyone from buying a TL-S. It really is a great car.
However mine sucks. :yack:

It is just 2 weeks old today and my check engine light is on for the 3rd time and my vsa light continues to go berzerk.
On top of that my tranny is acting up. It is hunting for gears and clunks when I go from drive to reverse or vise versa.

It only has 1700 miles and mainly because in the last 2 weeks I have taken it to the dealership 5 times (100 mile round trip).

Does anyone know the likeleyhood of either getting a brand new ride or getting out of the buy all together.

The lemon law here states that you must have the same problem atleast 3 times.

Anyone know a good lawyer in MI.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:14 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, I thought that they made some improvements with the 03's. I think you are a prime candiate for the lemon law deal, have you tried that yet or are you going to see if you can get problems with it resolved? How is the dealership treating you?
Old 03-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Pro

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat...

Could it be our U of M signatures? My family is all Alumni, so I found it very cool that it was available as a selection.

I just bought mine two days ago, and I'd prefer to leave it at the dealer where they are trying to figure out what is wrong with the engine, but I don't think that's possible. Sorry to hear about your grief... I definitely feel your pain and my gut is all tied up in knots, as well. Keep us posted as to how things work out for you. And what buyback options you may be able to negotiate. I'm anxiously waiting for the day that I can shout "GO TLS", but unti that day... "GO CANES!"
Old 03-02-2002, 12:41 PM
Racer

Well, I went to the dealership yesterday and it's official my tranny om my BRAND FREAKIN NEW TLS is shot. WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF.
I'm soo pissed.

I immediatly demanded a new car.

I spoke with a rep from acura and they want the chance to fix the vehicle and to make me happy they have thrown in some freebees and my next (first) payment.

I will give them the chance to fix the car and take the freebees and the payment. Frankly it is not worth my time to pursue legal action, which would be the route for a new car.

Hopefully everything will work out good and I'll have my car back sooner than latter.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let them fix it have them provide you with an ACURA loaner luxury car don't take any GM junk unless its a new Caddy. I would get everything in writing.
Old 03-03-2002, 04:03 AM
Pro

That sucks...

Damn, that sucks! That pretty much tells us all that the tranny problems still exist. They didn't change a thing in the 03s including the worthless trannies. I can understand them being reluctant to put out a tranny recall. But to keep building the bogus units one right after the other that's just poor design/workmanship. I don't see how consumer reports can come out with an excellent transmission rating for this car anymore.

What kind of goodies are they offering you? I am sort of in the same boat, only an engine problem right off the bat that they can't figure out. I am planning on demanding a REAL loaner car and some sort of compensation next week as well. I am going to ask for a FREE extended warranty at a minimum, but I want more than that to feel fairly compensated. This tranny crap has got to cease! I don't feel safe with only a 50K mile warranty anymore. This board is starting to have more problems than praise for the TLS....damn!
Old 03-03-2002, 10:48 AM
Racer

I'm big pimpin in an 02 RL right now. Brand new, still has the sticker on it. I like my TLS better. So far as freebees I got my next payment paid and a spoiler kit. I didn't even think of an extended warranty. God idea!
Old 03-03-2002, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally posted by 03TLTYPES
I'm big pimpin in an 02 RL right now. Brand new, still has the sticker on it. I like my TLS better. So far as freebees I got my next payment paid and a spoiler kit. I didn't even think of an extended warranty. God idea!
You think just the way I do... if my tranny goes, then it goes. i will give acura time to get a new one for me. But i just want to be treated GREAT like you seem to be right now.

I read alot of car forums, all different kinds.. and EVERYONE has problems with their cars. I sound like an old man for saying this but.. THEY DONT MAKE THEM LIKE THEY USED TO.

For everyone who is worried about their trannys, and thinking how to you prevent it? I say just sit back and drive, have fun, and dont think about the tranny. You wont like your car if you have to worry about it, so dont! If the tranny goes then you get a free one. But i know alot of people dont think the way i do. But if it does go, i expect to be treated well!!