ECU reset results

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ECU reset results

jus wondering if anyone actually tried resetting the ECU like it said in a previous thread. what are ur results??
Old 05-19-2002, 07:30 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i did it this morning. i think all this hype is bs.

any difference is merely psychological.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

ya, i did the same thing and think its all in my head. I think the people that had results are the ones who changed their plugs and stuff like that without ever resetting it. Once reset the computer can re-calculate the specs from these new plugs and etc....thats just my take on this whole thing
Old 05-19-2002, 08:11 PM
Peach Tea

Originally posted by ArN 2000 TL
ya, i did the same thing and think its all in my head. I think the people that had results are the ones who changed their plugs and stuff like that without ever resetting it. Once reset the computer can re-calculate the specs from these new plugs and etc....thats just my take on this whole thing
I took out my resonator, will this make a difference? How exactly did you do it? ArN? thanks
Old 05-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by badazzTL

I took out my resonator, will this make a difference? How exactly did you do it? ArN? thanks
Just remove fuse #6 from the drivers side door ad press/hold the brake for about 30 seconds. Then plug the fuse back in and turn on your car and see if you notice a difference.
Old 05-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey BadazzTL...I just reset mine the other day, and as you know, I don't have the resonater either. I just disconnected the postive battery cable, went to cut the grass, and when I finished, hooked the battery back up. I then drove around pretty hard, high rpms, etc, for about 15 minutes. It seems to accelerate a bit faster than before. Try it and let me know what you think.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:03 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about resetting the PCM. I don't think ours cars are "driver"(user) adaptive, like BMW(big money waste) etc....
Old 05-20-2002, 12:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
It cracks me up when you bust on BMW; they're a much more satisfying driving machine in every aspect except cost (you get what you pay for). I have both a TL and a 330 - if it wasn't for the cost I would have bought two BMW's... instead I settled and got the TL. Stop busting on the bimmer.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by johnnyb_s
Hey BadazzTL...I just reset mine the other day, and as you know, I don't have the resonater either. I just disconnected the postive battery cable, went to cut the grass, and when I finished, hooked the battery back up. I then drove around pretty hard, high rpms, etc, for about 15 minutes. It seems to accelerate a bit faster than before. Try it and let me know what you think.
Plz don't disconnect ur positive terminal or u mite spot weld ur wrench to ur car someone said in this forum.

http://acura-tl.com/forum/showthread...d&pagenumber=2

Disconnect the negative terminal first.

Don't want anyone to hurt their baby or themselves.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Racer

I just decided to reset my ECU and all I have is a short ram intake. I never reseted the ECU after installing it. My brother and I both believe that the car seems to be a little more responsive. Keep in mind though this is just in D5.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro

I believe that our car's ECU will adapt itself to the driver's driving style. So, if you normally drive moderately and you reset the ECU, then drive aggressively for the next little while, your car will definately be more responsive since the ECU has no previous data to work with. If you go back to driving moderately, over time, the ECU will adjust to this driving style. After a while, if you reset your ECU again, your car will probably feel more responsive again. If you drive aggressively to begin with, you probably won't notice much of a gain, if you notice anything at all. Conversely, if you drive aggressively and you reset your ECU then start to drive conservatively, you may notice an increase in your gas mileage. This happened to my cousing in his ITR.

For resetting the ECU from the battery remove the negative terminal from the battery and touch the negative cable to the positive cable. According to a mechanic at Acura, doing so will reset the ECU without having to wait.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:36 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by speed
I believe that our car's ECU will adapt itself to the driver's driving style. So, if you normally drive moderately and you reset the ECU, then drive aggressively for the next little while, your car will definately be more responsive since the ECU has no previous data to work with. If you go back to driving moderately, over time, the ECU will adjust to this driving style. After a while, if you reset your ECU again, your car will probably feel more responsive again. If you drive aggressively to begin with, you probably won't notice much of a gain, if you notice anything at all. Conversely, if you drive aggressively and you reset your ECU then start to drive conservatively, you may notice an increase in your gas mileage. This happened to my cousing in his ITR.
I know what it does, but is the ECU on Honda's driver adaptive?? I know BMW...etc is, but I'm not sure about Honda's(TL)