Do Any of Your Friends or Family.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 09:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post Do Any of Your Friends or Family.....

Do any of your friends or family think your crazy for taking good care of your car? My friends say I drive like an old lady because I don't rev high and watch out for potholes. My parents yell at me for keeping my car in the garage all the time. "I mean come on, it's a car!" is what they think. To me, its my baby. I wash it in the freezing cold which they think its crazy but I enjoy it. What can I say? So any of you people have the same problem?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Black TL on December 30, 2000 @ ]</font>
Old 12-30-2000, 09:51 PM

Lightbulb

It's one of those things where most people have "more important things to do" then care for their car the way you do.

I have to warn you, eventually you might have to give in and become one of them. I know I said "never", but here I am with a dirty car in the garage, and I spent the whole day painting my house (inside of course!)

------------------
2000 3.2 TL, Paper maps.
Comptech axle-back exhaust.
225/55ZR-16 RE730s on OEM alloys.
205/55QR-16 Alpins on steel wheels w/covers (winter).

Pictures
Old 12-30-2000, 10:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Yeah, that usually happens to me, but then when my friends come by when I'm washing my car the ask me to wash theirs too, guess what I tell them?
Ed

------------------
Acura-TL.com - Forum Moderator

'99 TL Satin Silver/Ebony, Non/Nav, Comptech lowered, Comptech Air Filter Element, Inspire Tails, AEM Brake Pads all around, Comptech Axle Back Exhaust, "Guy Smiley" doll on the dash as my Co-driver...

Pics of my TL
Pics of my Miata! Wadya think?
Old 12-30-2000, 10:48 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of people I work with and my family know how bad I am about my car. They think I'm nuts but just laugh it off. My girlfriend thinks im crazy, but she loves my car and likes that I take good care of it. I'm really good about keeping my car clean and dont like to drive it in the rain if I dont have to. Most of the time, when I do have to drive in the rain, when I get back in to my garage, i wipe it down to avoid water spots and dirt. I'm pretty nutty.

------------------

2000 Acura 3.2 TL w/ Navigation
Satin Silver/Ebony Interior
Factory Spoiler; CD Changer; Burlwood Shifter
20% Tint, No Mods, Just Insanely Clean (Very Difficult To Do Right Now)
My 3.2TL Gallery
Old 12-31-2000, 12:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

a lot of my freinds get seriously mad (no sarcasm) when i park really far in parking lots. sometimes they park right beside me to piss me off. a few years ago, they took shovels and started throwing snow on it!

my parents sorta understand it now
i dont hand wash my car in this weather...anymore. i just go to the coin operated car washes
Old 12-31-2000, 12:07 AM
Pro

so i'm crazy big deal. My parents used to say that if only i kept my room as clean as I do my car(s). My wife thinks i'm nuts, but her car is always clean too, so she doesnt complain. I cannot stand a dirty car especially if someone gets a NICE car and then doesn't take c/o it. Just my pet peeve. I know people are busy, but I try and MAKE time,( but then again, I dont have to deal with snow, mud and salt.)
Old 12-31-2000, 12:41 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by yu888:
so i'm crazy big deal. My parents used to say that if only i kept my room as clean as I do my car(s). My wife thinks i'm nuts, but her car is always clean too, so she doesnt complain. I cannot stand a dirty car especially if someone gets a NICE car and then doesn't take c/o it. Just my pet peeve. I know people are busy, but I try and MAKE time,( but then again, I dont have to deal with snow, mud and salt.)
People make fun of me all of the time about me being so anal about my car. I take pride in my car and I want it to stay looking good. I hate to see when people rag there cars out. I am part of the "no, its not just a car" club. ;-)

------------------
My TypeS
Old 12-31-2000, 03:49 AM
Drifting

I get that all the time. My girlfriend said that she feels like she is competing against my car, not other girls.

I wash my car myself because I don't want others to touch it.
I always try to avoid valet parking because I don't want anyone else to drive my baby.
I never park next to a car that has dents/blemishes/damage because I don't want my car to be "infected"! (Well, ppl who doesn't care about their cars most likely will not care if they accidently swung open their door and dent my door.)
Old 12-31-2000, 08:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by yu888:

LOL, I get the exact same thing from my parents. Looking around my room now, whoa, I think they're right As for my girlfriend, I always tease her about my car being my baby, and then quickly tell her I'm teasing.