desperate help needed for speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rominl--based on the location you described, you got the ticket in SC county...bummer, and I mean that in a sympathetic way. Looks like my guess may have been correct about the radar if he did put down the radar unit info. As far as whether or not you weren't going too fast--unless you kept an eye on your speedo every other second or so, it's kinda hard to judge (especially on a car that drives as smoothly as a TL-S) how fast you're going. What I mean is that, for me, I find that I'm going at least 80 mph according to the speedo and it doesn't even feel like I'm even doing 70; plus, the power delivery on the TL-S seems so smooth IMHO, that it's easy to go 80 or 90 and not even realize it.

Infractions are minor violations that usually involve just the person committing it, where there isn't any injury or death involved, and not involving another person and/or his property. Misdemeanors are a bit more serious, usually involving an incident against someone else and/or his property, and/or where there is injury/death or a greater potential for such. Mind you, these are not legal interpretations; I'm sure a legal expert could give you the legal definitions of both if you're really interested.
Like I also said in an earlier reply, misdemeanor convictions stay on your record "forever", and you would now be branded a "criminal". FWIW--hope you do get your rotors taken care of.

Austin519--I understand where you're coming from; I'm not trying to argue the validity of speed limits and such, just stating that if you broke the law and you know that you did so, accept the consequences. If you feel that you got busted for some BS infraction that doesn't make sense, hey, write to your congressman or someone who may be able to get the ball rolling as to possibly getting the law repealed. Whining and b*tching about bogus laws and getting entrapped in such instead of doing something about it is just a waste of time and if anything probably would evoke less sympathy from others.

Busterkw--the traffic ticket story is urban legend...now, if you want to test the validity of it, by all means do so.

Tony