Co-worker wants to race me in his RSX-S!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 06:32 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Co-worker wants to race me in his RSX-S!!

What would be the outcome?
He is totally stock and says he will beat me.
Anyone here race a RSX-S?
What do they run?
Old 07-10-2002, 11:20 AM
Peach Tea

Type S will be close...
Old 07-10-2002, 11:23 AM
7th Gear

Re: Co-worker wants to race me in his RSX-S!!

Originally posted by Mr. Bo Jangles
What would be the outcome?
He is totally stock and says he will beat me.
Anyone here race a RSX-S?
What do they run?
Hello there, if the RSX is stock, he will probably, spin his tires off the line and loose the race.If he gets a good launch and can drive it well he will probably beat you.Stock tires on RSX suck.Is your TL stock? I have a RSX-s with Injen intake, 3' test pipe and magnaflow system. I have also upgraded my tires to 225-55-16.I have raced and beaten two s-2000, and can back it up on my rsx boards. My wife has the 03tl-s and I have beat her easy.As for stock it should be close race though.Goodluck, a good driver in a stock Rsx-s could hit 14.7.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Re: Re: Co-worker wants to race me in his RSX-S!!

Originally posted by peter
Hello there, if the RSX is stock, he will probably, spin his tires off the line and loose the race.If he gets a good launch and can drive it well he will probably beat you.Stock tires on RSX suck.Is your TL stock? I have a RSX-s with Injen intake, 3' test pipe and magnaflow system. I have also upgraded my tires to 225-55-16.I have raced and beaten two s-2000, and can back it up on my rsx boards. My wife has the 03tl-s and I have beat her easy.As for stock it should be close race though.Goodluck, a good driver in a stock Rsx-s could hit 14.7.

Yes I am stock.

Damn, I didn't know those RSX-S's were that fast. What kind of times are you running?
Old 07-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Pro

My nephew has an RSX-S and this past weekend we took a road trip up to Wisconsin. As we were coming out from a gas station, we took the wrong turn and had to make a U. After we both completed the turn, we both floored it. As I was watching him in my rearview mirror, we were pretty dead even in the first couple of gears, but once we got going, I started to see him fade away in my rearview mirror. I had my AC on at the time too. When I asked him later if he had tried to catch up, he told me he already hit near redline on every gear before shifting. So, I would say that our TL-S can definitely hang with the RSX-S. Btw, his is completely stock but I have headers, Injen CAI, and Comptech exhaust. This baby is awesome!

axleback
Old 07-10-2002, 12:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Co-worker wants to race me in his RSX-S!!

hahhaah you race you wife....?!?! anyways the rsx type s isnt faster than the tl-s ...... the rsx surely cant beat a s2000 for sure given the guy in the s2k can drive right....the rsx is pepppy but not fast....tl will walk all over it on the high way.....and 14.7 is pushing it....that is with ihe and a REALLY goood driver....you should tie at worst he probably will have you in the launch but you will own him at higher speeds
Old 07-10-2002, 01:20 PM
STi
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Co-worker wants to race me in his RSX-S!!

Originally posted by asiankidd

hahhaah you race you wife....?!?! anyways the rsx type s isnt faster than the tl-s ...... the rsx surely cant beat a s2000 for sure given the guy in the s2k can drive right....the rsx is pepppy but not fast....tl will walk all over it on the high way.....and 14.7 is pushing it....that is with ihe and a REALLY goood driver....you should tie at worst he probably will have you in the launch but you will own him at higher speeds
the RSX should be able to hang with the TL-S until at higher speeds, where the TL-S will have the advantage of higher HP

it's not entirely impossible to beat an s2k with the RSX, maybe the s2000 wasn't playing seriously, or maybe the guy cant drive, or maybe it was a rolling start. to get good 0-60mph acceleration in the s2k, you need to drop clutch at around 6k RPM, no one would do that, so the RSX can easily beat the s2k at the start, but once the s2k gets into the 8k RPM range, watch out, it can wind out all the six gears FAST
Old 07-10-2002, 01:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Co-worker wants to race me in his RSX-S!!

Originally posted by STi

the RSX should be able to hang with the TL-S until at higher speeds, where the TL-S will have the advantage of higher HP

it's not entirely impossible to beat an s2k with the RSX, maybe the s2000 wasn't playing seriously, or maybe the guy cant drive, or maybe it was a rolling start. to get good 0-60mph acceleration in the s2k, you need to drop clutch at around 6k RPM, no one would do that, so the RSX can easily beat the s2k at the start, but once the s2k gets into the 8k RPM range, watch out, it can wind out all the six gears FAST
yep thats exactly what i meant....
Old 07-10-2002, 01:33 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Just do it! All in the name of fun.
Old 07-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Racer

take your friends to the drag strip, line up next to ghis RSX-S and race! I did 14.6s in 40 weather.

VSA off, AC off BT to 2000, and D1-D2-D3

Good luck!
Old 07-10-2002, 03:48 PM
7th Gear

Originally posted by axleback
My nephew has an RSX-S and this past weekend we took a road trip up to Wisconsin. As we were coming out from a gas station, we took the wrong turn and had to make a U. After we both completed the turn, we both floored it. As I was watching him in my rearview mirror, we were pretty dead even in the first couple of gears, but once we got going, I started to see him fade away in my rearview mirror. I had my AC on at the time too. When I asked him later if he had tried to catch up, he told me he already hit near redline on every gear before shifting. So, I would say that our TL-S can definitely hang with the RSX-S. Btw, his is completely stock but I have headers, Injen CAI, and Comptech exhaust. This baby is awesome!

axleback
good kill did you notice a big difference with your mods?
Old 07-11-2002, 12:36 AM
Suzuka Master

show him his place in the food chain!

you won' t have a problem
Old 07-11-2002, 12:43 AM
mushroom mushroom

I've beat one...he had a CAI but then again so do I
Old 07-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Pro

good kill did you notice a big difference with your mods?
Definitely. Especially at higher rpm, I can really feel the headers doing its job. The pull is just pure exhilerating. I would recommand anybody whom really want to boost power to getting the headers. It really does make a difference.

axleback
Old 07-13-2002, 01:12 PM
Advanced

Definitely. Especially at higher rpm, I can really feel the headers doing its job. The pull is just pure exhilerating. I would recommand anybody whom really want to boost power to getting the headers. It really does make a difference.

axleback

I definately second that emotion
Old 07-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Advanced

To Axleback

axleback
Hey Axleback,

do you know if the warrany still covers the car and the engine, if I install headers?

thanks...
Old 07-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Racer

Headers are worth it, I have it, Comptech filter and mufflers, stock tires, mid to low 14s!