Check out what my neighbor did!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 02:23 PM

The more I think about this thing the more I think the guy really wanted a TLS and is bitter that I bought one!!!

I truly believe this. He's just been acting so wierd.
He paid much more than I paid and has a darn nice car but I think he's ticked that I actually bought the car he wanted all along.

I just don't know why he didn't tell me!!!
Old 05-01-2001, 02:40 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's that? He's got a smaller uglier car that I would never pick over TL-S even if it costs $10000 less.
If he got a 330ci, then that's another story

Originally posted by Lawrence:
Well, I'm starting to think he's trying to "One Up" me or something. He's a real nice guy and I like talking to him.

I can't help but wish bad things upon him right now even though I know it's wrong to think that way.

I don't know what options he chose on his car but I suspect it isn't "loaded".

I'm going to have to look at it all the friggin time.

Eventually I'll have to talk to him and it's awkward as hell.
Old 05-01-2001, 03:30 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

One must ask themselves "now what would Tony Soprano do"?

------------------
'02 TL-S Satin Silver
Old 05-01-2001, 03:48 PM
Racer

Bust his 330i up?
Wait....steal the headlights!!!
...just kidding....play nice...
he is mental, you don't want to tick him off...

Originally posted by imax:
One must ask themselves "now what would Tony Soprano do"?
Old 05-01-2001, 05:27 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Lawrence:
I told him that I loved the 330i black on black with sport package and that it drove so well etc. The price was a bit high though in comparison to the TL S since I was starting to see some flexibility in pricing for the TL S.

The Saturday before I made my decision, I was out on the front porch one evening having a beer and looking over the Acura information.

Well, the following Friday, I told him I had decided to get the TL S and was picking it up the next day. I said that, in the end, I just couldn't justify the $35,000 odd price tag for the 330I but that I really loved the way it looked and drove

Anyway, I got the TL S, Black on Black with NAVI and have been very happy with it. It's the coolest car I've ever owned! I've had it now for about a month. In that time, he commented on how nice it looked. After the break in period, I let him drive it. He was blown away it seemed by the power. We drove around for an hour or so fiddling with the Navigation. He was intrigued by it and wanted to really test it out…
After the drive, he told me that I got the right car and what a great deal it was… "What a beautiful car!" he said. Again, I didn't need his approval. I was merely being neighborly/friendly all along.

Well, Saturday afternoon, guess what pulls into my neighbors driveway... A FRIGGIN BRAND SPANKING NEW, BLACK ON BLACK BMW 330i!!! I almost crapped all over the driveway!!!

Man , you're being silly , you should thank God that he didn't buy a black TL-S as well. It's a win-win solution , if you're close to him then you wouldn't want him to end up driving a sorry ass loser Hyundai Sonata don't you ? This way you guys can trade cars and raced the cars out. Plus , the TL-S has the best looking ebony interior I've ever seen , especially with a NAVI.

IMO,
He didn't mention anything about the car, because he was about to get a new car too , and he didn't want to interfere your decision making. If he mentioned that oh , I wanted to get a 330 , then you might think to cross out 330 from your option so that you won't cross on him. If he mentioned both cars then you're in a deadlock. It's a WIN-WIN solution for both of you. It's good that you're following Jnor's advice , but also don't let your emotion interfere with your thinking. I don't see a point of being a jackass if I were him.

------------------
2000 Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
Mugen Front Grille
Mugen Front Half Spoiler
My Dillema : Mugen springs VS Comptech Springs with Koni Shocks ..what shud i pick ?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by BostonTL on May 01, 2001 @ ]</font>