Battery Dies Due to Constant Door Motor Unlocking

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:04 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Battery Dies Due to Constant Door Motor Unlocking

I went out to my 2003 Acura TL-S this morning and the battery was DEAD. Not even a spark of energy. When I turned the ignition, no "click-click-click". Just nothing.

It was weird because while I don't drive it every single day, I drove it quite recently. Normally when I don't drive my car for extended amounts of time, I'll put the battery on a Battery Tender.

Anyway, after I hooked my battery up to a charger, my doors started repeated making "clicking sounds". It sounds like the car is repeatedly unlocking itself. Over and over "click, click, click". No wonder the battery died!!!

Any suggestions on how to fix this situation? I took the battery off the charger because I don't want to burn the lock/unlock motor out.

Any ideas??? Thanks!
Old Today, 07:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,467 Posts
Interesting.
Maybe disconnect the negative & positive battery terminals first then fully charge the battery.
Reconnect the battery to the car and see if it acts the same.
Of course, you'd have to reprogram the seat position memo 1&2; auto up-down window; radio / navi functionality & perform idle relearn.
Old Today, 08:30 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by zeta
Interesting.
Maybe disconnect the negative & positive battery terminals first then fully charge the battery.
Reconnect the battery to the car and see if it acts the same.
Of course, you'd have to reprogram the seat position memo 1&2; auto up-down window; radio / navi functionality & perform idle relearn.
Thanks. I yanked the fuse for the power locks and am charging it now with my battery tender. I know it’s not a high powered charger, but it’s all I have. And I can let it sit for days on end.

Crossing my fingers that I can recover enough to get it started and then I can get the alternator to get the battery back up to a full charge.