All 2nd gen./IPOD owners...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All 2nd gen./IPOD owners...

The next gen of Bliztsafe adapters hit the stores today. It offers line level audio AND POWER for your IPOD all in one adapter. No more additional power cables needed!

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/bli...ink1dmxv1.html

And just in time too. I just bought an IPOD yesterday!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that's cool.. but only if you have an IPOD..

i'm too cheap to buy an IPOD so i use my MP3 cd player and hooked it up to my blitzsafe.. w/ this blitzsafe i can always hook something different.. while this blitzsafe will onlhy work w/ the IPOD.

thats what i'm seeing.... rigth?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Racer

no love for us navi owners....
Old 06-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by paultl
no love for us navi owners....
Why not? I have a 03 TL-S w/Navi and I have my iPod hooked up to the HU.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Racer

Mentions its not compatible with oem navi decks.....

Compatibility Information:

For Acura: Compatible with all models from 1999-2004 except RL, SLX, and 2003 TSX.
For Honda: Compatible with 1998 Accord plus all Honda models from 1999-2004 except all Passport and the 2003-2004 Accord. (For 2003-2004 Accord and Element owners, click HERE)

Plugs into the rear of the factory radio.
Factory radio must have an unused 14-pin square connector socket at the rear of the radio.
NOT compatible the vehicles with factory navigation systems.
NOT compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer.
NOT compatible with vehicles that have the standard AM/FM radio with a single disc satellite-mounted CD player.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Elementz
The next gen of Bliztsafe adapters hit the stores today. It offers line level audio AND POWER for your IPOD all in one adapter. No more additional power cables needed!

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/bli...ink1dmxv1.html

And just in time too. I just bought an IPOD yesterday!!!
Cool, but sux that it is NOT compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer or NAV.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jpadilla
Cool, but sux that it is NOT compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer or NAV.
I don't know anything about the Icelink Plus but when I bought the previous generation Icelink they also told me it wouldn't work since the Navi will plug into the port the Icelink needs. That information was completely wrong and DensionUSA doesn't know what they are talking about. I would take what they say with a grain of salt. I have the factory 6CD changer with the iPod. Here is a link to my Yahoo Photo acct that shows my Icelink setup.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chetcv...5a.jpg&.src=ph
Old 06-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chet03TL-S
I don't know anything about the Icelink Plus but when I bought the previous generation Icelink they also told me it wouldn't work since the Navi will plug into the port the Icelink needs. That information was completely wrong and DensionUSA doesn't know what they are talking about. I would take what they say with a grain of salt. I have the factory 6CD changer with the iPod. Here is a link to my Yahoo Photo acct that shows my Icelink setup.

What kind of holer are you using? Your steering wheel controls work with the iPod, right?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Chet03TL-S

Yeah Chet. And Densions website also says its Icelinks are only for 03-05 TL's too. I'm still wondering why it wouldn't work in a 2000?

I would definitely rather go with the Dension Icelink setup but I cant get a definitive answer from anyone. So for now, I'll go with the new Blitzsafe line and then maybe upgrade to Icelink if they ever get their heads outta asses.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Pro

MikePA: I am useing the Icelink holder and the Proclip that is a bracket for the wood trim piece. The steering wheel controls do work. They skip songs and controls the volume. The HU thinks the iPod is a CD changer.

Elementz: I will look for the thread that has the instructions for installing the Icelink to the TL/CL 2 Gen's. DensionUSA will never get there heads outta their asses. I told them there Icelink works with the Factory Navi on our cars but they never changed their info. MORONS. This was twice after I talked to them.

Here is the link to where Sky had a full DIY on the Icelink.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=Icelink
Old 06-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Drifting

"Announcing an entirely new genra of iPOD® interfaces from Blitzsafe!!"
Never trust a vendor that can't even use spellcheck in their ads. Should be genre.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MikePA
"Announcing an entirely new genra of iPOD® interfaces from Blitzsafe!!"
Never trust a vendor that can't even use spellcheck in their ads. Should be genre.
Thats funny. I was looking into the Blitzsafe but I wanted seemless integration. Only the Icelink had that.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Cruisin'

motherfreak!!!!!! man that sux so hard i just got my blitzsafe installed like 3 days ago. BOOOOOO bad timing huh. Anyone want to buy a aux v.1dmx? haha 60 bucks shipped
Old 06-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

eh, the first gen of blitzsafe says its not compatible with NAVI and 6 disc in-dash HU's but people have them in their car. as long as you have the unused 14-pin connector in the back of your HU, you can use the blitzsafe.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
SIMPLY TL Type S

I just bought the Nano iPod. Does anyone know what I should use for my 02 TL Type S with 6 Disc changer to get the iPod to work? I believe it uses the same type of contecters as the other iPods. Please message me.

Thanks,
Jas
Old 09-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Racer

i bought the Peripheral ipod interface module (PXDPC2)
it connects to the cd changer and chargers my ipod as wel and when u turn off the car it turns off as well

i dunno if the blitzsafe one is the same but i can use the steering wheel controls to control the ipod. well only skipping to the next song
Old 09-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Peach Tea

Does anyone know the model number of the Blitzsafe adapter that will work in an 00 TL non-navi? I've been trying to find out which ones will work.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by paultl
Mentions its not compatible with oem navi decks.....

For Acura: Compatible with all models from 1999-2004 except RL, SLX, and 2003 TSX.
For Honda: Compatible with 1998 Accord plus all Honda models from 1999-2004 except all Passport and the 2003-2004 Accord. (For 2003-2004 Accord and Element owners, click HERE)

Factory radio must have an unused 14-pin square connector socket at the rear of the radio.
NOT compatible the vehicles with factory navigation systems.
NOT compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer.
NOT compatible with vehicles that have the standard AM/FM radio with a single disc satellite-mounted CD player.
I think you may have mis-read it. This is what I saw when I clicked on the link.

For Acura: Compatible with all models from 1999-2005 except RL, SLX, and 2003-2005 TSX.
For Honda: Compatible with 1998 Accord plus all Honda models from 1999-2005 except all Passport and the 2003-2005 Accord, Element, Odyssey and S2000. (For 2003-2005 Accord, Element, Odyssey and S2000 owners, click HERE)

IS compatible the vehicles with factory navigation systems.
IS compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer.

Notice it says IS compatible with factory navigation systems.

I'm still torn though, do I want to get this or spend the money on the NEO adapter so I can have steering wheel and H/U control of the IPOD. Tough decision. What do you guys think?
Old 09-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by simplytltypes
I just bought the Nano iPod. Does anyone know what I should use for my 02 TL Type S with 6 Disc changer to get the iPod to work? I believe it uses the same type of contecters as the other iPods. Please message me.

Thanks,
Jas

it should work with the nano...apple claims that the nano works with all of the accessories of the mini and ipod, so i dont see why it shouldnt work with the nano.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by badazzTL
Does anyone know the model number of the Blitzsafe adapter that will work in an 00 TL non-navi? I've been trying to find out which ones will work.
Sorry I didn't mean Blitzsafe, I meant Icelink. I know which Blitzsafe to use, I'd rather have an Icelink. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Drifting

Sorry I didn't mean Blitzsafe, I meant Icelink. I know which Blitzsafe to use, I'd rather have an Icelink. Thanks.
DO NOT BUY AN ICELINK. The Dension people are crooks. Back in July I bought one and they sent the wrong cable. I asked about the right one and they said they'd send one 'in a few days' since they were out of stock. Still have not received it.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:06 AM
SIMPLY TL Type S

Originally Posted by UA5-TL
i bought the Peripheral ipod interface module (PXDPC2)
it connects to the cd changer and chargers my ipod as wel and when u turn off the car it turns off as well

i dunno if the blitzsafe one is the same but i can use the steering wheel controls to control the ipod. well only skipping to the next song
Where can I buy this from? What is it? Where can I get this...
Old 09-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Racer

People, BUY THE NEW BLITZSAFE M-Series adapter and a Proclip mount. The Icelink disables the IPODs controls! So you spend all your time trying to navigate your music library with your steering wheel controls (very lame).

The new Blitzsafe not only charges your IPOD but you retain control of your wheel-thingy on the IPOD. And you still can control volume with your steering wheel too. It pretty much offers the best features of every 'other' adapter out there.

It took me approx. 20 minutes to install and I did it the dark with only the domelight on. I'll post some pics of my setup soon.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Burning Brakes

I'd like to seee pics of where the wire comes out from behind the headunit, and how it looks connected to your ipod.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:18 AM
WhizzBomb

Red face Can a moron like me...

How easy is it to install? I'm assuming you'd have to take out the HU but is there any more to it then that?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by Whizzbomb
How easy is it to install? I'm assuming you'd have to take out the HU but is there any more to it then that?
Here is a complete DIY on how to take apart your dash and install a direct connect to your IPOD. In this DIY, he used the Icelink, but it's the same for just about all of them. This link was posted earlier in this thread by Chet...just posting it again for the people that don't actually read the whole thread.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:39 AM
SIMPLY TL Type S

People, BUY THE NEW BLITZSAFE M-Series adapter and a Proclip mount. The Icelink disables the IPODs controls! So you spend all your time trying to navigate your music library with your steering wheel controls (very lame).

The new Blitzsafe not only charges your IPOD but you retain control of your wheel-thingy on the IPOD. And you still can control volume with your steering wheel too. It pretty much offers the best features of every 'other' adapter out there.

It took me approx. 20 minutes to install and I did it the dark with only the domelight on. I'll post some pics of my setup soon.
We would love to see pics of your setup. I just got a Nano iPod and want to do a similar setup in my TL. It seems the way you went is the best route quality wise.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:19 PM
SIMPLY TL Type S

Originally Posted by snowman81
Here is a complete DIY on how to take apart your dash and install a direct connect to your IPOD. In this DIY, he used the Icelink, but it's the same for just about all of them. This link was posted earlier in this thread by Chet...just posting it again for the people that don't actually read the whole thread.
You forgot to post it... lol
Old 09-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

hey how do you like your nano. it looks smaller than the mini was. Is it hard to hold and operate?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

You forgot to post it... lol
Damn...what an idiot Thanks for the heads up
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=Icelink
Old 09-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Whizzbomb
No. You do not have to take out the HU. Just take off the side panel and reach in there. There is a DIY somewhere. Its a tight squeeze but it can be done. Like I said the whole process took me about 20 minutes.

I'll try an get some pics up soon.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you change songs via the steering wheel controls, too?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:25 AM
SIMPLY TL Type S

Originally Posted by BIG_KOUT
hey how do you like your nano. it looks smaller than the mini was. Is it hard to hold and operate?
Excellent, it is my first iPod and I love it. My 4 gigs are full already... It is very tiny and I don't mind carrying it with me everywhere. I want to get this setup for my car so I can make use of it in the car also...

Does anyone know by getting the iPod connecter would I loose my In Dash CD Changer?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:40 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Excellent, it is my first iPod and I love it. My 4 gigs are full already... It is very tiny and I don't mind carrying it with me everywhere. I want to get this setup for my car so I can make use of it in the car also...

Does anyone know by getting the iPod connecter would I loose my In Dash CD Changer?
\
No...you won't. You just have to hit cd twice to get it to go to what the stereo thinks is an external cd changer, but it's really your IPOD. I wondered the same thing because there is always gonna be that cd that your friend has that's not on your IPOD but you've been wanting to listen to it.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:14 AM
SIMPLY TL Type S

Originally Posted by snowman81
\
No...you won't. You just have to hit cd twice to get it to go to what the stereo thinks is an external cd changer, but it's really your IPOD. I wondered the same thing because there is always gonna be that cd that your friend has that's not on your IPOD but you've been wanting to listen to it.
Just for the hell of it, I bought the Monster FM Transmitter from Best Buy. It was $80, but so far is working really good. Ofcourse once in a while there is very light static here and there, however overall sound quality is good. Since I have 30 days to try the product I will fully test it and see if I just want to stay this route. This way I can take the iPod in any of my 5 cars, and not to mentions friends...
Old 09-12-2005, 02:48 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Just for the hell of it, I bought the Monster FM Transmitter from Best Buy. It was $80, but so far is working really good. Ofcourse once in a while there is very light static here and there, however overall sound quality is good. Since I have 30 days to try the product I will fully test it and see if I just want to stay this route. This way I can take the iPod in any of my 5 cars, and not to mentions friends...
This is the method that I am using right now...and it works pretty well. I am looking for something with a little better sound quality though. The Monster FM Transmitter is definitely nice to have because you can move it around like you said, but for in my car where I use my IPOD most, I want something that sounds clear all the time instead of messing around with changing the stations. I'm assuming you got the one that also charges the IPOD, right?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Peach Tea

Arrh I can't decide between Blitzsafe, Icelink, or the one on mp3yourcar.com. I'm sort of leaning towards the NEO ION because you can retain steering wheel controls and it says it WILL work with an 00 TL non-navi, unlike the Icelink. The new Blitzsafe does look promising, but I don't know if I wanna get rid of steering wheel controls. It is a lot cheaper though. AHHHH I don't know.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Racer

Arrh I can't decide between Blitzsafe, Icelink, or the one on mp3yourcar.com. I'm sort of leaning towards the NEO ION because you can retain steering wheel controls and it says it WILL work with an 00 TL non-navi, unlike the Icelink. The new Blitzsafe does look promising, but I don't know if I wanna get rid of steering wheel controls. It is a lot cheaper though. AHHHH I don't know.
You do not lose all the steering wheel controls with the Blitzsafe. The only thing you cannot do is skip traks. And trust me you would not want to skip traks to find one song in a 4 gig library of music. You would want to navigate your library with the IPOD wheel, right? Not to mention your volume control on the steering wheel still works with the Blitzsafe too.

The thing about the ICELINK and the NEO ION is you lose the abiltiy to navigate your music library via the IPOD's controls. So you HAVE to scan your entire music library with your steering wheel controls. Talk about a PITA!

Trust me, the new Blitzsafe M-series adapters have retained all the best features of the other adapters and combined it into one. They really did their homework.

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Werd.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vperkins2
Can you change songs via the steering wheel controls, too?
No just volume. But trust me you DO NOT want to change tracks with your steering wheel control even if you only have 4 gig of music. You might have to press the skip track button a couple hundred times to find a song. If it is that critical just press the advance button on the IPOD and voila....next song!

The problem with the other adapters is that they DISABLE your IPOD's controls! The only way to find a song in your library is to cycle thru with the track advance button on your steering wheel. No thanks! The IPOD's controls are much more intuitive and efficient for doing searches. Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Peach Tea

You do not lose all the steering wheel controls with the Blitzsafe. The only thing you cannot do is skip traks. And trust me you would not want to skip traks to find one song in a 4 gig library of music. You would want to navigate your library with the IPOD wheel, right? Not to mention your volume control on the steering wheel still works with the Blitzsafe too.

The thing about the ICELINK and the NEO ION is you lose the abiltiy to navigate your music library via the IPOD's controls. So you HAVE to scan your entire music library with your steering wheel controls. Talk about a PITA!

Trust me, the new Blitzsafe M-series adapters have retained all the best features of the other adapters and combined it into one. They really did their homework.

I'll try and get some pics up soon.

Werd.
wow thanks for clearing that up! I think I'll go w/ the blitzsafe.

Quick Reply: All 2nd gen./IPOD owners...