All 2nd gen./IPOD owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, thanks for the info, as well. Time to start saving up!

Later,

V.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:55 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Elementz
The thing about the ICELINK and the NEO ION is you lose the abiltiy to navigate your music library via the IPOD's controls.
This is NOT true about the Neo iOn. I can use the steering wheel volume controls and the track advance OR the iPod controls. Both work with the Neo iOn.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:16 AM
Peach Tea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also read that the NEO ION will let you advance to the next playlist via steering wheel controls, not each song. Is that right mikePA?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:45 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by badazzTL
I also read that the NEO ION will let you advance to the next playlist via steering wheel controls, not each song. Is that right mikePA?
Not sure if this is what you mean.....If not, let me know what you'd like me to try.

I use the iPod controls to go to Purchased Music and start playing the first song, I can hit the advance control on the steering wheel and it will go to the next song in the list.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MikePA
This is NOT true about the Neo iOn. I can use the steering wheel volume controls and the track advance OR the iPod controls. Both work with the Neo iOn.
You are correct MikePA. I meant P.I.E. not NeoiOn. The P.I.E. adapter disables IPOD controls. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not too familiar w/ the Neo. Does it charge the IPOD? If so, for how long after you turn the car off? The Blitzsafe will charge the IPOD for 20 minutes after turning the car off and then turn off the IPOD.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Drifting

You are correct MikePA. I meant P.I.E. not NeoiOn. The P.I.E. adapter disables IPOD controls. Thanks for clearing that up.
No problem.

Does it charge the IPOD? If so, for how long after you turn the car off? The Blitzsafe will charge the IPOD for 20 minutes after turning the car off and then turn off the IPOD.
Yep, it charges the iPod. Not sure for how long though.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
I think you may have mis-read it. This is what I saw when I clicked on the link.
Compatibility Information:

For Acura: Compatible with all models from 1999-2005 except RL, SLX, and 2003-2005 TSX.
For Honda: Compatible with 1998 Accord plus all Honda models from 1999-2005 except all Passport and the 2003-2005 Accord, Element, Odyssey and S2000. (For 2003-2005 Accord, Element, Odyssey and S2000 owners, click HERE)

Plugs into the rear of the factory radio.
Factory radio must have an unused 14-pin square connector socket at the rear of the radio.
IS compatible the vehicles with factory navigation systems.
IS compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer.
NOT compatible with vehicles that have the standard AM/FM radio with a single disc satellite-mounted CD player.

Notice it says IS compatible with factory navigation systems.

I'm still torn though, do I want to get this or spend the money on the NEO adapter so I can have steering wheel and H/U control of the IPOD. Tough decision. What do you guys think?
Yes, I was excited about this product, since it seemed impossible to find a solution for the 2nd gen with NAV...

I called them and apparently the description above is not accurate... He made it clear that there is NO solution for the 2nd Gen TLs with NAV, and that he gets calls all the time from TL owners, and he constantly is having to be the bearer of bad news...

I have heard others say that they've been able to make it work with some limited issues... But there is no graceful solution out there for 2G TL/NAV owners...none that I know of... And if there is... Please post...cuz I want one!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MikeekiM
But there is no graceful solution out there for 2G TL/NAV owners...none that I know of... And if there is... Please post...cuz I want one!
Hello? Knock, knock. Anyone home? Been reading this entire thread?

I can't speak for the Blitzsafe that Elementz uses because I don't know if his TL has NAVI but I can speak for the Neo iOn. It works with a 2G TL/NAV.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by MikePA
Hello? Knock, knock. Anyone home? Been reading this entire thread?

I can't speak for the Blitzsafe that Elementz uses because I don't know if his TL has NAVI but I can speak for the Neo iOn. It works with a 2G TL/NAV.
Sorry...no, I did not read the entire thread... Saw his message and just wanted to share the phone call I had with the vendor...

I will look into that one...
Old 09-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Pro

OK... Took the time to slow down and read through most of the thread now...

So for the 2G TL w/NAV, looks like:

* IceLink will work (from the link snowman81 provided to skyeflye's guide...sweet)
* Neo iOn will work (based on MikePA's post)
* Blitzsafe MAY work depending on whether Elementz can confirm he has NAV (and may work even if he doesn't)...

This is all good news for me...

Now I gotta choose
Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Drifting

* IceLink will work (from the link snowman81 provided to skyeflye's guide...sweet)
* Blitzsafe MAY work depending on whether Elementz can confirm he has NAV (and may work even if he doesn't)...

Now I gotta choose
Missed just one thing....DO NOT GET AN ICELINK. The people at Dension are crooks. Ordered one in July, they sent me the wrong cable. Said they'd send one 'in a few days'. Still do not have it.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro

Thanks MikePA... Man, reading the entire thread, I can now see how my post seemed a bit out of place!!! Oh well, that's what happens when you are rushing through and scanning threads... We've all been there...right?

Anyway, ELEMENTZ... Can you confirm NAV compatibility with the Blitzsafe? What specific year/model do you have? And is there a specific product number for the Acura from Blitzsafe, or is it one size fits all?

And I am really looking forward to your pics... Will the install be basically identical to the guide that skyeflye published? His install looks pretty darn clean!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks MikePA... Man, reading the entire thread, I can now see how my post seemed a bit out of place!!! Oh well, that's what happens when you are rushing through and scanning threads... We've all been there...right?
Yep...definitaly done that before. I am pretty sure that I will go with the Neo adapter so that I can use my steering wheel controls, use the IPOD controls and charge it all at the same time. I have Nav but the car didn't come with it. I bought it off ebay and installed it myself...but either way, I shouldn't have to worry about any conflicts with the Nav if I go with the Neo. Decisions..Decisions
Old 09-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro

Yep...definitaly done that before. I am pretty sure that I will go with the Neo adapter so that I can use my steering wheel controls, use the IPOD controls and charge it all at the same time. I have Nav but the car didn't come with it. I bought it off ebay and installed it myself...but either way, I shouldn't have to worry about any conflicts with the Nav if I go with the Neo. Decisions..Decisions
I thought it was the Blitzsafe that allowed you to continue to utilize the iPod controls...

Is it the Neo? Blitzsafe? Or both? (that allow that flexibility)...

I agree with an earlier poster that thumbing through 4GB+ of MP3s one at a time would be pretty laborious...

Still waiting for confirmation from Elementz to see if he has a 2G TL w/NAV... That will make me feel much more comfortable with moving forward on the Blitzsafe...

Again, I may be mixing up the pros and cons of the three prevailing choices... Anyone out there wanna give it a shot?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Peach Tea

I think the Blitzsafe won me over for the cost/benefit factor. Thanks for everyones comments and help
Old 09-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

I thought it was the Blitzsafe that allowed you to continue to utilize the iPod controls...

I agree with an earlier poster that thumbing through 4GB+ of MP3s one at a time would be pretty laborious...

Still waiting for confirmation from Elementz to see if he has a 2G TL w/NAV... That will make me feel much more comfortable with moving forward on the Blitzsafe...

Again, I may be mixing up the pros and cons of the three prevailing choices... Anyone out there wanna give it a shot?
i can confirm that you can use the blitzsafe with NAVI. i have a '00 TL w/NAVI and 6 CD in-dash HU and i have the blitzsafe adaptor hooked up to it. Voice instructions of NAVI still works.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Racer

Now I gotta choose
No, I do not have NAVI, but the new Blitzsafe is compatible with ALL Acura models from 1999-2005 except the RL, SLX, and 03-05 TSX's. It is also compatible with all Acura factory NAVI systems!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:12 AM
Racer

You are right Mike, the Neo and the Blitzsafe BOTH allow you retain control of the IPOD's controls. And I have a 2G TL-P non-navi. But see prior post....
Old 09-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

You are right Mike, the Neo and the Blitzsafe BOTH allow you retain control of the IPOD's controls. And I have a 2G TL-P non-navi. But see prior post....
Yes, the way I understand it is the only difference between the Neo and the Blitzsafe is that with the Neo you can use your steering wheel controls. Other than that, they have all the same functions. I am just going off what I have read about this, I don't own either of them.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:30 AM
Peach Tea

Blitzsafe is on it's way
Old 09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Pro

No. You do not have to take out the HU. Just take off the side panel and reach in there. There is a DIY somewhere. Its a tight squeeze but it can be done. Like I said the whole process took me about 20 minutes.

I'll try an get some pics up soon.
Wow...you were able to just remove the passenger side panel and squeeze in there and plug the bad-boy in?

How difficult is it to do? Do you need small hands, or can just about anyone do it? This would be a big timesaver...
Old 09-15-2005, 12:42 PM
3rd Gear

Dension...

MikeekiM:

If you really want the Dension iceLink, make sure you:
1) order it from Dension, not another distributor.
2) specify the Honda R2 kit. The R3 kit WILL NOT WORK.

I am using the NeoIon in a 2003 TL-S without NAV, and I have talked with skyeFlye and Chet03TL-S about the Dension unit for the 2003 TL-S with NAV.

I can't stress enough that the R2 kit is the only Dension iceLink that will work. The R3 is quite different, not just the plug.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by exylyr
MikeekiM:

If you really want the Dension iceLink, make sure you:
1) order it from Dension, not another distributor.
2) specify the Honda R2 kit. The R3 kit WILL NOT WORK.

I am using the NeoIon in a 2003 TL-S without NAV, and I have talked with skyeFlye and Chet03TL-S about the Dension unit for the 2003 TL-S with NAV.

I can't stress enough that the R2 kit is the only Dension iceLink that will work. The R3 is quite different, not just the plug.
Thanks exylyr,

I am currently swaying towards the Blitzsafe at the moment...

I want control of the iPod, and have some steering wheel control functionality...and it sounds like the Blitzsafe is the most graceful solution for a 2G TL w/NAV that provides all of that...

Now all I gotta do is buy an iPod!!! I don't have one because I know that I don't have any situations where I can close myself off from the world with headphones... So I was waiting for a good automotive solution before buying one...
Old 09-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my take is this the unit is nice if you only have an IPOD you need to broadcast in your car I have the TV Mod and need to share the RCA jacks (I split them One set for my Ipod and one set for my TV) if the blitz safe controlled the IPOD I might thing about going the FM modulation for the TV but it don’t

as for installing it It is easy and I have some good install Pic's and advice if any one need's
Old 09-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Advanced

is there a proclip for the nano?

i dont see it on proclip.com
Old 09-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

MikeeekIM... yo if anything just buy an iPOD for when you go to the gym man.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:58 PM
'06 Acura TL

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
so the best way to go is to get the Neo Ion so u can control the ipod from the ipod & the oem stereo! and it charges the ipod too. Now all they neeed to do is make a pro clip for the NaNo! is there anywhere else to get the Neo Ion besides the one site that charges $190? i looked on ebay and they dont have anything...

thanks, nick
Old 09-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Advanced

ace2525,

I think the blitzsafe will do all the things you mentioned and costs 90 bucks.

I too would like to see a proclip for the nano though.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by phaze
ace2525,

I think the blitzsafe will do all the things you mentioned and costs 90 bucks.

I too would like to see a proclip for the nano though.
I am pretty sure that the blitzsafe does not allow you to control the IPOD using the steering wheel controls. It says on the site, "ALL CONTROLS REMAIN WITH IPOD" but it doesn't say yes or no about steering wheel controls. Can someone with the new Blitzsafe adapter clear this up?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Peach Tea

The Blitzsafe won't allow you to control your iPOD through the steering wheel controls. Thats why the NEO ION is $200 and the Blitzsafe is only 90 after shipping. I actually had the NEO ION in my cart and had my name, addy, and credit card info in the fields, but I couldn't justify spending $200 on something like that. Sooooo I went for the next best thing; the new Blitzsafe adapter! It's supposed to be here tomorrow and I know it'tl sound great w/ my new system. I've been using an FM modulated mp3 CD changer for about a year now.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

does the FM modulator sound ok tho?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:20 AM
'06 Acura TL

ok....when u guys say steering wheel controls the only control that will work on the steering wheel is the volume....b/c u are still controling the volume from the stereo not the ipod. i understand where you come from not spending $200 for this...is there anywhere else the neo ion is for sale cheaper? im suprised ebay does not have any neo ions and limited amounts of blitzsafes...

i think im going to go with something that controls the ipod from the radio and not the IPOD b/c i just need to be able to pick a playlist...then i just skip around tracks not looking for any song in particular...which one is the cheapest?

i know theres the icelink, P.I.E., any others? thanks
Old 09-18-2005, 10:21 AM
'06 Acura TL

and one more question...i dont have a 6- CD changer and wanted to know if i will be able to select different cd's for different playlists? which one will allow me to do this?
Old 09-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Advanced

Are you sure you want to navigate through tons of songs with the steering wheel controls?
Old 09-18-2005, 03:41 PM
'06 Acura TL

i won't have to navigate through songs b/c ill just pick a playlist (if possible) and then use random. will the blitzsafe allow me to change playlists through the stereo?
Old 09-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by BIG_KOUT
does the FM modulator sound ok tho?
Yeah it actually doesn't sound bad at all. I've never got static with it.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro

Actually, now that I think about it, it would be nice to be able to control the song track from the steering wheel...

Granted, it would not be ideal (or even realistic) to navigate and locate a particular song... But sometimes, you just want to skip the current song and move on to the next track...
Old 09-18-2005, 08:38 PM
'06 Acura TL

yea i will try to find one cheap that allows both control of the ipod through the stereo and the ipod itself but that doesnt seem like it will happen unless i find one on ebay...

otherwise im going to go with the cheapest ipod adapter that charges the ipod....then hopefully they make a proclip for the nano and then changing songs from the ipod will be easy b/c the ipod will be in an ideal location...and when i leave my car ill unplug the nano and throw it in the cup holder thing!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

The more I think about it, I wonder if I am that lazy that I will pay $110 more to be able to skip to the next song using the steering wheel controls as opposed to reaching over to the IPOD (I am definitely getting the proclip) and pushing a button. I just don't think it's worth it. I'll probably end up getting the blitzsafe and the proclip.
The FM transmitter really depends on what station you can tune in. It sounds decent most of the time but occasionally i get some interference. To me it's worth the money for the blitzsafe to get a better quality sound. The FM transmitter is nice to have in case you go in someone elses car though. I have the monster and it charges also, definitely a must.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Pro

The more I think about it, I wonder if I am that lazy that I will pay $110 more to be able to skip to the next song using the steering wheel controls as opposed to reaching over to the IPOD (I am definitely getting the proclip) and pushing a button. I just don't think it's worth it. I'll probably end up getting the blitzsafe and the proclip.
The FM transmitter really depends on what station you can tune in. It sounds decent most of the time but occasionally i get some interference. To me it's worth the money for the blitzsafe to get a better quality sound. The FM transmitter is nice to have in case you go in someone elses car though. I have the monster and it charges also, definitely a must.
I'm wrestling with this one... While I agree that the "feature" is not worth $110... The seamless integration is what I like about it... For $110, I would probably always second guess whether I should have just spent the extra money...

And if I spend the extra money, I'll have buyer's remorse for a few days...and then I'll forget about it...

Nevertheless, I still have not made my final decision yet...

Quick Reply: All 2nd gen./IPOD owners...