All 2nd gen./IPOD owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeekiM
I'm wrestling with this one... While I agree that the "feature" is not worth $110... The seamless integration is what I like about it... For $110, I would probably always second guess whether I should have just spent the extra money...

And if I spend the extra money, I'll have buyer's remorse for a few days...and then I'll forget about it...

Nevertheless, I still have not made my final decision yet...
I'm glad someone else is having same problem I am. I don't mind spending the money if that's what I really want. It just to see the price difference from the blitzssafe to the neo and only one extra feature. Still can't decide.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:57 AM
'06 Acura TL

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ya i know hopefully the prices drop soon
Old 09-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for those of you wondering about the proclip for the nano, (such as myself)

I just got a response from proclipusa:

Hello Jonathan,

Hello Jonathan,

Yes, we will be soon. I will email you as soon as it is available.

Thank you for your business.
Dee
ProClip USA Customer Service
www.proclipusa.com
1-800-296-3212
Old 09-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Peach Tea

I installed the Blitzsafe last night, it was SO EASY! just plugged it in. I did have to take out my radio to uninstall my mp3 cd changer though so I had tons of room to work with. The sound is awesome, I can't tell the difference between tracks on my iPOD and a CD. GET THE BLITZSAFE!!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by badazzTL
I installed the Blitzsafe last night, it was SO EASY! just plugged it in. I did have to take out my radio to uninstall my mp3 cd changer though so I had tons of room to work with. The sound is awesome, I can't tell the difference between tracks on my iPOD and a CD. GET THE BLITZSAFE!!
Werd. I told you bro...the Blitzsafe is SIIIICKKK!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 07:30 AM
'06 Acura TL

wow i just looked to see if proclipusa had the nano clip yet...they didnt....but i realized that the angled mount is $30 and the ipod holders are about $20...if u add shipping your looking at $55 about, for 2 pieces of plastic....y is it so expensive thats rediculous....does anybody know any other company that sells the clips that hold the ipod in the acura
Old 10-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Another satisfied iPod owner...

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread for the helpful information. As of Saturday afternoon I am the proud owner of a TL-S with an iPod connected to the factory stereo! And a special thanks for Skyeflye's excellent D.I.Y. instructions! I don't usually do my own mods, but I took a chance after reading his doc. Wow! I've never seen my baby looking so stripped-down before!

Anyway, since I had the extra dough I sprung for the Angled ProClip mount; a padded, tilt/swivel holder; and the Neo iOn iPod unit. And I don't regret one penny of it! It's expensive, but being able to skip songs without looking down comes in handy at times (busy freeways, stop and go traffice, etc.). Anyway, it's also nice being able to still use the iPod click-wheel, too. And for you other '02 TL-S w/navi owners out there... my navi is still working!!

Vperkins2
Old 10-18-2005, 05:15 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi All,

These adapter cables look nice...it is just hard for me to justify the cost when the cable costs almost as much as the iPod. Anyone try the Griffintechnology.com SmartDeck? If so; when they say "SCAN" (instead of SKIP) do they mean "Fast Forward"?

I'm about to buy a Nano. I record Howard Stern at home everyday with an old Mac using AudioHiJack Pro (5 MP3 shows will fit on one CDR disk...I can also move the shows to a flash drive or iPod). Then listen at work when I want (or in the car shortly when I get my Nano)...I work nights.

Oh, does anyone make an aftermarket changer for the '99 TL that can play MP3 files from CDR or DVD-R? Just curious....even 6 CDR's would be about 4GB...but if someone does make one it'll probably cost more than a 4GB Nano...

I'm also about to buy a Sirius receiver so I can keep recording Howard after Jan. 1. The receiver will probably stay home so I can keep recording the shows, but I may want to put it in the car sometimes. Anyone have a Sirius receiver AND an iPod in their car? How do you handle the interface then? Seem a lot of the Sirius receivers have built in FM transmitters....too bad someone didn't make a Sirius receiver with an iPod "port" so you could either plug in your iPod and/or Sirius receiver

Jeff
Old 10-18-2005, 08:24 AM
sumbdy gettin used 2nite!

Can't wait

I can't wait to get this for my nano. I've been using the cassette adapter for my nano, which sounds good, but doesn't charge it. This is exactly what I needed!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:14 AM

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzuii.html

One more find... This adapter should allow you to keep your Nav to Video Setup if you have it. If I'm wrong... my bad.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Resurrecting this thread to ask an additional question...

Based on previous posts to this thread, my understanding is that the steering wheel control works with the Neo Ion... Do the controls on the OEM deck also work? And if so, do the disc selection (1 through 6) buttons work? I know someone who has a VW (but I don't know what interface he has), and he is able to use his disc selection buttons to toggle between 6 playlists...

And while I am at it... Do any of you 2002-2003 Nav owners have the problem that requires you to switch sources (to FM or AM) before turning off the car?

Are the Blitzsafe and Neo Ion still the "best in class" adapters recommended here? Or has anything new emerged?

I just picked up a Black 4GB Nano... Now I am itching to integrate it into the car!

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:26 AM
3rd Gear

The forward and backward head unit buttons appear to work, but the 1-6 disc buttons do nothing with a Neo Ion. Supposedly the Dension unit has playlist support for the 1-6 disc buttons, but the Neo Ion doesn't.

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by simplytltypes
Where can I buy this from? What is it? Where can I get this...
sorry if this is quite a late late reply

but u can buy Peripheral through their website or you can get it at Bestbuy/futureshop

its called ipod2car
http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/web/ipod2car.asp
they have many many other deviced to hook up stuff like
audio steering control interface for those who want to hook up their steeringwheel controls to their aftermarket decks/HU
Old 11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by UA5-TL
sorry if this is quite a late late reply

but u can buy Peripheral through their website or you can get it at Bestbuy/futureshop

its called ipod2car
http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/web/ipod2car.asp
they have many many other deviced to hook up stuff like
audio steering control interface for those who want to hook up their steeringwheel controls to their aftermarket decks/HU
Sounds similar to the Neo Ion to me. It also says that it will not work with '03 or newer because of software changes and that it is not compatible with the Nav. This wouldn't work for MikeeikM.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by snowman81
Sounds similar to the Neo Ion to me. It also says that it will not work with '03 or newer because of software changes and that it is not compatible with the Nav. This wouldn't work for MikeeikM.
Thanks for checking...

Hey snowman, have you decided yet? I know you and I were struggling with the same decision... What did you end up going with?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Advanced

wow the prices have not gone down at all
Old 11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Racer

yea it only works for anything up to 03
but they DO have a device that will work for 04+ acura/03+honda
its only an aux in device they made. if you look around the site they do have it
Old 11-12-2005, 09:08 AM
'06 Acura TL

Talking Another Happy Customer

Ok so i made my decision and bought the Blitzsafe Adapter at enfig for just $75 new, shipped. I didn't have to take the radio out which relieved me, only took 5 minutes to get it in! So far i think the Blitzsafe Adapter is AWESOME! im glad i didn't spend $200 for the IceLink or Neo Ion...Its not bad controlling the songs through the ipod...i like it better b/c i normally have passengers that like to fool around w/ my ipod and listen to different songs.

Next, i didnt get a PROCLIP b/c i realized it was going to cost me about $70 shipped for 2 pieces of plastic....instead i went to bestbuy and bought the universal bracketron dash mount adapter which cost $20...i had to customize it a little bit but it worked out fine and looks great...ill post sum pictures next week...in order to customize it i cut the metal so i could slid it in between the trim and the radio...i then put 2 tap screws into the side of the radio to reinforce the adapter....it looks great and wasnt to much of a hastle.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I jsut saw this on feabay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HON98...spagenameZWD1V

Tell me waat you think?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:15 AM
'06 Acura TL

not bad if u want to control it through the car stereo and steering wheel controls ONLY! it can be annoying if u want to pick a specific song...otherwise not a bad price.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Elementz
The next gen of Bliztsafe adapters hit the stores today. It offers line level audio AND POWER for your IPOD all in one adapter. No more additional power cables needed!

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/bli...ink1dmxv1.html

And just in time too. I just bought an IPOD yesterday!!!
Looks like Logjam is out of stock...

Is this the same product? And if so, it's even cheaper here...

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...UX_DMX_V1.html
Old 11-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Pro

Looks like Logjam is out of stock...

Is this the same product? And if so, it's even cheaper here...

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s...UX_DMX_V1.html
Oops... wrong link...

Here is the one:

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_s..._MLINK1_1.html

The picture looks slightly different...but the model number is the same... The fuse holder is different, the color of the iPod connector is different... And it looks like there is a DIN connector in there somewhere too...
Old 11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
'06 Acura TL

Oops... wrong link...

Here is the one:

The picture looks slightly different...but the model number is the same... The fuse holder is different, the color of the iPod connector is different... And it looks like there is a DIN connector in there somewhere too...

yea thats the same thing and its cheaper....i bought myne a week ago and installed it in my 99 3.2 TL...works great w/ my ipod Video!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:39 PM
6th Gear

Exclamation

Originally Posted by paultl
Mentions its not compatible with oem navi decks.....

Compatibility Information:

For Acura: Compatible with all models from 1999-2004 except RL, SLX, and 2003 TSX.
For Honda: Compatible with 1998 Accord plus all Honda models from 1999-2004 except all Passport and the 2003-2004 Accord. (For 2003-2004 Accord and Element owners, click HERE)

Plugs into the rear of the factory radio.
Factory radio must have an unused 14-pin square connector socket at the rear of the radio.
NOT compatible the vehicles with factory navigation systems.
NOT compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer.
NOT compatible with vehicles that have the standard AM/FM radio with a single disc satellite-mounted CD player.
Re-read the compatibility information specifics in the link. It says in bold print;

IS compatible with vehicles with factory navigation systems.
IS compatible with vehicles that have the factory in-dash 6-disc factory CD changer.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ace2525
yea thats the same thing and its cheaper....i bought myne a week ago and installed it in my 99 3.2 TL...works great w/ my ipod Video!
Thanks ace... did you get it from this place (i.e., can you vouch for them? Did you have a good experience with them?)...
Old 11-15-2005, 05:47 AM
'06 Acura TL

yes i bought it from enfigcarstereo....they were fine, no problems. go it in 4 days
Old 11-15-2005, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by ace2525
yes i bought it from enfigcarstereo....they were fine, no problems. go it in 4 days
just ordered mine! Thanks guys.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Instructor

Blitzsafe sucks, read the small print, "IMPORTANT NOTE: The Blitzsafe iPOD interface does NOT control nor display information from the iPOD on the factory radio. All control and display of the iPOD remains with the iPOD. "

What the hell is the point then, might as well go out and for the same price get the one that displays on your HU!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bdturbo
Blitzsafe sucks, read the small print, "IMPORTANT NOTE: The Blitzsafe iPOD interface does NOT control nor display information from the iPOD on the factory radio. All control and display of the iPOD remains with the iPOD. "

What the hell is the point then, might as well go out and for the same price get the one that displays on your HU!
I've been following the thread for a while now and as far as I can tell none of the adapters actually display any information from the ipod on the factory head unit.

if they do please link me
Old 11-15-2005, 10:05 PM
'06 Acura TL

yea none are gonna list the song on the bose HU....and y would u want to control the ipod from the car stereo buttons ONLY??? u cant pick the song u want w/o scrolling through 500 songs or more!! unless u want to spend $200, which is rediculous for the neo which plays through the ipod controls and the stereo controls..BLITZSAFE is AWESOME...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... & at less then half the price of the neo ion
Old 11-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Instructor

I dont know about the factory heaed unit because if you have one, get rid of it, I know they make one for after market HU and they display on HU, controlled by HU and even steering wheel controls.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by bdturbo
I dont know about the factory heaed unit because if you have one, get rid of it, I know they make one for after market HU and they display on HU, controlled by HU and even steering wheel controls.
you were speaking earlier as if you wanted to play it through the factory HU, leading to the confusion...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Advanced

anyone have a mirror for the tutorial? Can't pull the page up
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Advanced

http://www.jonathanarias.com/Install...01-2003_CL.pdf
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 AM
'06 Acura TL

do yourself a favor and dont follow that tutorial...it will take u forever....take 10 minutes and try and stick it in through the side behind the kick board on the passenger side...the empty port behind the stereo is in the bottem right of the radio if u r looking at it from the front seat.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. Take off the wood trim that runs along the top of the center console (it snaps into place)
2. Take off the passenger side kick panel that runs along the console (screws in)
3. Now you'll be able to see the side of the HU
4. Thread the cable to the back of the HU.
5. Reach behind the HU and plug in the cable
Old 11-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by MikePA

1. Take off the wood trim that runs along the top of the center console (it snaps into place)
2. Take off the passenger side kick panel that runs along the console (screws in)
3. Now you'll be able to see the side of the HU
4. Thread the cable to the back of the HU.
5. Reach behind the HU and plug in the cable
Got my blitzsafe and installed it on Friday. I tried the above and was able to feel where the harness needed to plug in, just wasn't able to manuver the plug in there though. After about 5 minutes of trying that, I decided just to take the dash apart....and I've done that more times than I can remember so it only took me about 20 minutes for the install once I decided to go that way. I definitely love the setup though. I also got the proclip. I'll post up some pics in a couple days. I need some opinions from you guys about the install but over all, I like it.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:48 AM
'06 Acura TL

nice...ive been meaning to take pics too...ill get around to it eventually...instead of the proclip i used the bracketron which worked out fine...not as perfect as the proclip but it saved me at least $60
Old 11-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Racer

Can someone clear this all up in one post:

i have an 02 tl-s no navi with 6 disc in dash..which adapter makes the most sense..i want both volume, track up & down, and buttons on ipod nano to work..i saw a (dont even have to take apart HU or dash) connector from Griots Magazine..it plugs into 12v and you set a channel on this plug and connects with a wire from headphone jack from Ipod...anyone heard or seen of of
Old 11-30-2005, 12:38 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by WHITE3.2TL-S
i have an 02 tl-s no navi with 6 disc in dash..which adapter makes the most sense..i want both volume, track up & down, and buttons on ipod nano to work..i saw a (dont even have to take apart HU or dash) connector from Griots Magazine..it plugs into 12v and you set a channel on this plug and connects with a wire from headphone jack from Ipod...anyone heard or seen of of
I highly recommend the Blitzsafe. I just installed this one today and will work with your 02 non-nav:

Note that they ship it via USPS Priority for $6 which includes the possibility of delivering on Saturdays. The picture shown on that link is exactly how it looks.
This thing worked better than I expected. The sound is louder than when playing a CD, and you can modify the EQ settings on the iPod to enhance the sound quality. Note that the volume control on the iPod has no effect on the volume, so you only need to use the volume on the radio. You change songs on the iPod which makes sense to me. If you have hundreds of songs, why would you want to use the steering wheel controls to skip through each one? I also love the fact that it charges your iPod and will continue to do so for 20 minutes after the ignition is turned off.

I followed steps 1-8 of this tutorial to get access to the side of the radio:
http://www.abunchofcars.com/diy_page...er_console.htm
I was able to plug the adapter in without having to unmount the radio. As a previous poster said, the port on the radio is in the lower passenger side corner of the radio. I was able to tuck the fuse holder and the Blitzsafe yellow module under the radio right behind the coin tray. I plan on running the cable that attaches to the iPod under the cup holder and through a hole under where the cigarette lighter adapter is inside the center console. That way, I can leave my iPod inside the center console or pull it through where the cup holders are to get easy access to it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: All 2nd gen./IPOD owners...