Aftermarket Products ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 10:39 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aftermarket Products ? ? ?

[SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=blue]Does anyone know where to obtain Altezza lights for the TLS? Is anyone making more aftermarket products for our car? Surely someone in Japan has something for out (USA)TLS/Inspire(Japan) than just the few regular things that we see.
Old 11-11-2001, 10:48 PM
Peach Tea

they don't make altezza's yet. someone before said they are comming at the end of this year :o
Old 11-11-2001, 11:12 PM
Ex TL-S owner

DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!! Looks nasty! It doesn't belong on a TLS! Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-11-2001, 11:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yuckkkkkkkkk..... dont embarass or lose our reputation with those nasaty altezzas...they belong to civics...
Old 11-12-2001, 12:33 AM
Suzuka Master

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2001, 01:54 AM
Racer

I'm not saying I want Altezza's, but stuff like that. The exotic newer aftermarket stuff. I mean come on now, there has to be more for the cars to improve the look to make it better.
Old 11-12-2001, 05:06 AM
Banned

bdimc2001, lilboykorea, and carfreak...do NOT start this again...if you don't know what I'm talking about go search for a post about altezzas for the tls...I wrote a 1 page essay on how sh!tty it was for other forum members and moderators alike to post how they thought altezzas looked stupid, when all the guy asked is when they were available. Reread his post if needed...he didn't say "hey guys what do you think about altezzas on a tls? Flame me please." I mean please guys...this just makes you look like you were too busy getting ready to spout off that you didn't even read what he asked.

AFitchTLS:
You'll find here that most of the guys on this forum act like sheep...they all go one way or another but don't stray off. You rarely see a guy do something that's not preapproved by the group to do...or if so I doubt he'd post it. Everyone's nice when you do stuff agreed upon to do to your car...but they'll rip you apart if it isn't the consensus. Get your altezzas, no matter how it looks I'll be the first to applaud you on doing something against the stupid norm here.

And to answer you...they're not out yet...I heard sometime mid next year...you may want to go do a search....there was a LONG thread on this before

Austin519
Old 11-12-2001, 07:17 AM
Racer

To Austin519: Thanks for what all you just said. I think the Altezzas look good on some of the cars I have seen around my area and other places, just haven't seen anything for the TL or TLS. I would have to see what they would look like first before making my final decision. I mean I would get anything and everything for the car, if and only if they looked good and the price was reasonable. I will go and do a search on them and see what all it says. The most ridiculous thing that I thought was if you have a 99-01 TL and you want to change your taillights, that little clear piece was like $500 for the pair and that isn't much of a change for me. I just think they can do something a lot better, and if not, that's a shame. If you or anyone else can think of some sweetor exotic things to help improve the car in any way, please let me know, thanks. I am always open to new ideas. Thanks for the info again Austin519, Late....
Old 11-12-2001, 09:36 AM
Ex TL-S owner

Originally posted by Austin519
bdimc2001, lilboykorea, and carfreak...do NOT start this again...if you don't know what I'm talking about go search for a post about altezzas for the tls...I wrote a 1 page essay on how sh!tty it was for other forum members and moderators alike to post how they thought altezzas looked stupid, when all the guy asked is when they were available. Reread his post if needed...he didn't say "hey guys what do you think about altezzas on a tls? Flame me please." I mean please guys...this just makes you look like you were too busy getting ready to spout off that you didn't even read what he asked.

Austin519
You're right on that one, but his question was answered and I just gave him my opinion on it and not flamming him. If I were him, newbie, I would like to hear people's opinions. It's up to him to make the decision and for him to get mad over this. I'm pretty sure that aftermarket companies won't make altezzas for our car because it won't be a popular product and sell as much as it were for an accord, civic (cars aimed at young drivers).

AFitchTLS: Do a search and you will find that someone on the board did a photoshop job w/altezzas on.

Also, your signiture is a lil too long
Old 11-12-2001, 09:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Personally I don't think it would look good and I have seen the pics with the Altezza's photoshopped on, but to each their own.

What you should do is be really original and do a 2001 taillight swap!!

Oh yeah, and that sig is waaaay too long. Shrink the font or something.....
Old 11-12-2001, 06:19 PM
Banned

Okay maybe I'm imagining things...but aren't the sigs of me, afitch, carfreak, and juniorbean the EXACT same size? I mean that's how it shows up on my computer...and about 1/3 of the people here have longer sigs, especially those with pictures...

Carfreak:
"You're right on that one, but his question was answered and I just gave him my opinion on it and not flamming him. If I were him, newbie, I would like to hear people's opinions. It's up to him to make the decision and for him to get mad over this. I'm pretty sure that aftermarket companies won't make altezzas for our car because it won't be a popular product and sell as much as it were for an accord, civic (cars aimed at young drivers).

AFitchTLS: Do a search and you will find that someone on the board did a photoshop job w/altezzas on.

Also, your signiture is a lil too long "
Well...although one person did respond to his questions, none of the other posters did. They just complained about how ugly it was and try to dissuade him. Maybe I should start a thread about "b!tch about altezzas" for you guys...then you could post your hearts out Of course it's up to him to make the decision, but at the same time he didn't ask for everyone's opinions...he asked where you could get them. And you're not him so you don't know what he wants but I assume from his reply to me that I hit it on the head as to what he wanted and you guys were way off. And altezzas are going to be made...I talked to a group about them off groupbuycenter.com...I believe Cox Import but I may be wrong...and they'll be out later in '02.

Austin519
Old 11-12-2001, 06:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

i aint flaming... juss expressing my self!

anywyas, soly if u felt offended
Old 11-12-2001, 07:48 PM
Banned

"i aint flaming... juss expressing my self!

anywyas, soly if u felt offended"
Express yourself! Good song by Madonna

Austin519
Old 11-12-2001, 07:56 PM
O.G.

When Acura made the TL, it wasn't aimed at the younger drivers like the majority of people on this board. So that's probably why there isn't a huge selection of aftermarket products for the TL.

IMO, I saw the photoshopped Altezzas on a TL and it looked nasty. But it's your car so do whatever you want to it.