Accord trouble! HELP. went down to a stock V6.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Accord trouble! HELP. went down to a stock V6.

my friend has a stock accord v6 sedan. he has sum exterior mods, but nothing helping his performance. I raced him twice the other nite, 0 to 85. heres how it went, he was riding solo with a quarter of a tank, and i was riding with my friend and a FULL tank of gas. the first race i had him by no more than a car length by the time we hit 80 or so. and i was only a foot ahead when we were at 30. i took off traction control, or at least i think i did. the TCS light was on, which i think means the traction control was off, either way i pushed the TCS button. rolled, then floored. I used SS, and it worker out somewhat well.

the 2nd race, he had about a full second headstart and was ahead of me the whole time, as a matter of fact he was somewhat pulling on my at 80. i kept TCS how it normally is and used SS. and he did not rev it either race and he has automatic. i went home very sad that nite

whats the best technique i cud use to fuk this kid up already! sorry if this was posted before. i think with the TCS off, a roll, and then flooring it is a waste. U waste time with the roll, and even when u floor it ur car still has tire spin. tell me if im wrong, but i personally think the best way is to manually put the car in 1st gear (not in SS). hold the brake, rev it to 2 or 3 RPMS, and blast off, manually moving up gears. or is this really bad for the brakes?
Old 02-22-2002, 12:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I think you gots one of dem slow TLs

You should be able to take him no problem. The Accord V6 is auto so it shouldn't be a problem. I say put it in SS, turn TCS off, especially if you got the OEM tires, and push that pedal on the far right to the floor. Enjoy the ride.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:17 PM
Banned

hehe. shud i feel bad? or is this acceptable considering i had another person in the car and a full tank of gas?

is is really true that sum TLs are not made as well as others or something.. and just arent as fast as most of the other TLs? i dont have the ugly duckling do i???
Old 02-22-2002, 12:19 PM
BDI
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yo I think your car is fuked up. Bring it to the dealership and have them check it out. You should have creamed the accord even with a full tank and the passenger(you have I/H/E). I have a 99 TL with just I/E and I beat my friends V6 accord all the time.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:22 PM
Banned

nah, my car is stock. FUTURE MODS are I/H/E.

BTW how much do u beat him by? the 99s are just as fast as the 00s if ur racing until 4th gear right?
Old 02-22-2002, 12:25 PM
BDI
Banned

Originally posted by Jaydef
nah, my car is stock. FUTURE MODS are I/H/E.

BTW how much do u beat him by? the 99s are just as fast as the 00s if ur racing until 4th gear right?
oh mah bad. I usually beat by atleast a car length. BTW I never hit 4th. I usually ride my 3rd gear out. And the 00's are faster than the 99's thru 4th.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:43 PM
Racer

If I'm not mistaken but I could be, It says in your car manual that using your TCS (Traction Control), it slows down your car somehow. I've whomped on stock V6 Accords from just flooring it w/o using the auto-stick. When you race him like NSXNEXT said, use your tip tronic auto-stick and go up to about 5,000 RPM before switching to next gear. I guarantee you can beat your friend.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:44 PM
Banned

damn. u beat an accord by a car length with intake and exhaust.... so stock for stock it sounds like he cud take u! i hate being stock, im so frightened of a lightly modded accord that cud take me down.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Instructor

the 2nd race, he had about a full second headstart and was ahead of me the whole time, as a matter of fact he was somewhat pulling on my at 80. i kept TCS how it normally is and used SS. and he did not rev it either race and he has automatic. i went home very sad that nite
say it aint so
Old 02-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Instructor

What's wrong man...... Stock Accords should be on your easy kill list.
I don't think nothings wrong with your car, but lossed to an Accord>>>

You need to practice your lanching more.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:03 PM
BDI
Banned

damn. u beat an accord by a car length with intake and exhaust.... so stock for stock it sounds like he cud take u! i hate being stock, im so frightened of a lightly modded accord that cud take me down.
Nope stock for stock I beat him all the time. Even when he had CAI and I was stock I beat him. Oh BTW i meant atleast by a car length meaning that is the closest he will get to me.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:34 PM
S/C'd Accord Coming Soon!

Muahahaha... I love the smell of fear in the morning. Hehehe, Just playing.

Sounds to me like you might need to get your oil changed and your air filter replaced or something.

How long has it been since your last scheduled maint?
Old 02-22-2002, 02:00 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
trade in your TL and get a TypeS, then you will have to problem kicking his a$$!!
Old 02-22-2002, 02:32 PM
Advanced

Honda has basically an obsolete TCS. My Mom's RL has VSA and TCS and in the snow the car does well but under hard acceleration the car slides from side to side, while the TCS struggles. Honda TCS uses the brakes to stop will spin. The car is trying to go, the brakes are trying to stop, and the ice\water is trying to let the wheels slide. The gas and brakes are working against each other, which is inefficiet.

Nissan and Benz use the throttle for their TCS. It just cuts the gas back to the maximum amount that can be applied to the ground. So their TCS actually can make the car accelerate faster in certain situations.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by BNut
Muahahaha... I love the smell of fear in the morning. Hehehe, Just playing.

Sounds to me like you might need to get your oil changed and your air filter replaced or something.

How long has it been since your last scheduled maint?
Yeah, that was the first thing that came to my mind too. Also, you are using premium gas, and not the cheap regular, right?
Old 02-22-2002, 02:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by LuxSport
Honda has basically an obsolete TCS. My Mom's RL has VSA and TCS and in the snow the car does well but under hard acceleration the car slides from side to side, while the TCS struggles. Honda TCS uses the brakes to stop will spin. The car is trying to go, the brakes are trying to stop, and the ice\water is trying to let the wheels slide. The gas and brakes are working against each other, which is inefficiet.

Nissan and Benz use the throttle for their TCS. It just cuts the gas back to the maximum amount that can be applied to the ground. So their TCS actually can make the car accelerate faster in certain situations.
Dude, our TCS can limit the throttle and apply the brakes, but it only works at lower speeds. VSA (type-s) works at higher speeds too, but based on what people on this forum thinking about it, I'd prefer just having my TCS.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:05 PM
Pro

I a 00 coupe V6 ACCORD a while back he had a passenger and so did I. We raced 3 times he had I/E and I had a SRI and I raped him all 3 times by atleast 3-4 car lengths
Old 02-22-2002, 06:43 PM
O.G.

Originally posted by TypeSDragon
trade in your TL and get a TypeS, then you will have to problem kicking his a$$!!
You got to be kidding. Even a regular TL can whoop an accord's a$$ anytime even if the tl has passengers.

Jaydef, as for you, go back out and redeem yourself and for us TL owners.
Old 02-24-2002, 12:43 AM
Banned

best gas only.... i checked out my air filter and it was pretty dirty, so i cleaned it. ill prolly just get a K and N considering the car is leased and i dont wanna get an intake. im sure the air filter had nothin to do with it. but i raced him again the other nite, and just floored it in D1 without fukin with nething. and i took him pretty hard. its ab fuking time! sorry if i disgraced us... but we are back at the top
Old 02-24-2002, 12:47 AM
Instructor

we are back at the top
was there ever a doubt?
Old 02-24-2002, 01:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

best gas only.... i checked out my air filter and it was pretty dirty, so i cleaned it. ill prolly just get a K and N considering the car is leased and i dont wanna get an intake. im sure the air filter had nothin to do with it. but i raced him again the other nite, and just floored it in D1 without fukin with nething. and i took him pretty hard. its ab fuking time! sorry if i disgraced us... but we are back at the top
NSXNEXT gave me a good tip when racing: turn traction control off, and go to sportshift mode. 1st gear, stomp on gas pedal and when hit red line, up shift to 2nd gear. Repeat. You should notice better results. Good luck.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:29 AM
Instructor

Please don't tell me you can't beat an accord. Practice your launch and make sure all your maintenance is straight. Even with a passenger and full tank of gas, you should be able to take an accord. Hang in there!