Is 300 Killed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 09:04 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is 300 Killed!

Yesterday evening coming home from Best Buy, I was at a red light and a yellow IS pulls next to me and this little punk starts revving his engine and acting like he has Jeff Gordon driving skills. So I think nothing of it and he takes off and attempts to race me, i just casually drive like nothing happens.

We get to the next light and he yells..."what's the matter...scared to race...then mumbles something like...ah sucka, you dont want this anyway.

So as soon as the light turns green we both floor it and he starts pulling me just a bit, but when the VTEC kicked in and the those beautiful headers start flowing nice I start moving ahead of him...we are now at 70 mph and I am starting to get a full car length ahead of him and just as I am passing him he looks over like a 4 year old who just found out his dog died.

So I keep pulling him up to 110 mph and going...at this point, I can see both his headlights.

Awesome kill (Without NOS)

IS300 - MY @SS!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 09:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Old 08-21-2001, 09:25 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sheeeit.. that was as clean as can be. you da man. I'm curious, where was this on?
Old 08-21-2001, 09:26 AM
Advanced

Talking

SWEEEET......
U taught him a lesson.. haha
Old 08-21-2001, 09:31 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by miwa
sheeeit.. that was as clean as can be. you da man. I'm curious, where was this on?
On Glades road in Boca
Old 08-21-2001, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
I would have sprayed and made him look like the little b!tch that he is.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:34 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by NSXNEXT
Yeah, i would have if I had any juice but its good to know that we still run those little turd corollas out of the water.

Oh yeah! he had a huge ass exhaust on his car too. Foker!
Old 08-21-2001, 09:37 AM
Senior Moderator

One more for the good guys
Old 08-21-2001, 10:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Stylin Silver Sled

Yeah, i would have if I had any juice but its good to know that we still run those little turd corollas out of the water.

Oh yeah! he had a huge ass exhaust on his car too. Foker!
LOL, I almost choked on my food reading this I go get some water now
Old 08-21-2001, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Thumbs up

Hahaha Nice job SSS. Another one bites the dust!!
Old 08-21-2001, 10:39 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by NSXNEXT
and you know what? he's probably ALREADY thinking and tellin his buds on his forum or something .. "if he didn't had NOS!! I'd taken him!!"
Old 08-21-2001, 10:44 AM
Three Wheelin'

Good kill SSS, at first i thought you were going to say you used NOS.

a little off subject: I was behind a IS300 the other day (he cut out in front of me from a side street) and when we got to the stop sign at the end of the street he ended up rear-ending the car in front of him! Of course i couldnt stop laughing
Old 08-21-2001, 10:58 AM
Pro

LMAO!

a little off subject: I was behind a IS300 the other day (he cut out in front of me from a side street) and when we got to the stop sign at the end of the street he ended up rear-ending the car in front of him! Of course i couldnt stop laughing
Old 08-21-2001, 10:59 AM

2 quick points:

1) The IS300 shares zero components w/ a Corolla

2) Be thankful that it wasn't the 5-speed (0-60 in 6.5 - 6.7 sec.) which puts it in TL-S territory

Old 08-21-2001, 11:32 AM
wbr
Intermediate

Even if it doesn't share components with a Corolla, it's still an F*c*'n Toyota! I hate Lexus!
Old 08-21-2001, 12:06 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by NBP TL
I would've had to pull over because I'd have been LMAO at him... oh damn, that would've been funny! actually it still is and I didn't even see it!
Old 08-21-2001, 12:10 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by TedC
2 quick points:

1) The IS300 shares zero components w/ a Corolla

2) Be thankful that it wasn't the 5-speed (0-60 in 6.5 - 6.7 sec.) which puts it in TL-S territory
be thankful?

Oh please! The IS300 is an overrated piece of crap! be thankful?!

Oh thank you for sparing us oh mighty Lexus god. We promise not to doubt your awesome power ever again.

BTW...i have a regular TL. Not a TL-S.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:16 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally posted by wbr
Even if it doesn't share components with a Corolla, it's still an F*c*'n Toyota! I hate Lexus!
Yea I ****in hate Lexus.. SO I dun really care if the IS300 if it doesn't care componenets with a Corolla.. haha..
I am glad U kick his @$$.. hehe..
Old 08-21-2001, 12:45 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

Nice kill. It always is good to smoke them punk asses with an attitude.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:49 PM

"Crazy", what do you hate about Lexus ? They make beautiful, luxurious and reliable vehicles, and their resale value is fantastic. You can't call them boring (the IS and GS line) and their engines are great to mod. And "Stylin'" what is overrated about the IS ? The car is only a year old and directly competes w/ the BMW 3-series in almost every aspect except price, and I don't think you could reasonably call it a piece of crap, even in it's first year it has considerably less problems than a TL, heck, just read the board for a list of complaints, everything from bad paint to cheap leather. I could see if you owned one then traded it for a TL, but you probably didn't, and I guarentee you won't find one overall negative review about the IS. The only thing the IS borrows from another Lexus is it's engine (GS300), and we all know that the TL takes 49% of it's parts from the Accord, so please don't say that it's a just a Toyota, as TL owners don't like it when others say it's still a Honda. And yes, Stylin I assumed you had a TL (since this is the TL board), the point I'm making is that w/ the 5-speed the IS can compete more directly (6.6 TLS...6.7 IS300/ these figures from Edmunds btw) now w/the TLS. I don't know how well the TL (7.1 ?) would compare, would be closer most likely than against IS auto.

Old 08-21-2001, 01:15 PM

IS300 for lunch!

Correction, the Lexus IS300 is an overpriced piece of crap and the TL type S is the better buy. Frankly, the front end of the IS300 looks silly and the rear end looks like every other car out there--what with those funny looking rear-end pie lights. What did you expect from a TL sight? Nothing but love for a limpin' Lexus? The consensus at this site is that overpriced, status symbols such as BMW's and Lexus' suck compared to the TL typeS. VVTI hah! I'll take a V-tech anyday compared to those Euromutt cars. How about a supercharged Type S anyone? I've had Lexus IS300 who run red lights than stop and race me. I think that it is funny that the IS300 driver crashed into another car. DHOO! What was he trying to prove? ha ha!!! :p

Old 08-21-2001, 01:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Acura3200

I would've had to pull over because I'd have been LMAO at him... oh damn, that would've been funny! actually it still is and I didn't even see it!
I was laughing so hard my girlfriend was yelling at me to pay attention to traffic. lol
When we were behind him and he hit the other car, she laughed at him and said "serves him right for cutting you off!"
Old 08-21-2001, 01:52 PM
Racer

TedC my old buddy! Glad to see you're still lurking.

even in it's first year it has considerably less problems than a TL, heck, just read the board for a list of complaints,
Like a true zealot, you use JD Powers and other statistics when it suits you, and ignore it when it doesn't.

and I guarentee you won't find one overall negative review about the IS.
ZING! Show me an OVERALL POOR REVIEW of the TL. Oops!

as TL owners don't like it when others say it's still a Honda.
Now you're just not paying attention. Many many members on this board remove the Acura symbol and put a Honda symbol on to make it look like the Japanese equiv. "Honda Inspire" (not Accord)

the point I'm making is that w/ the 5-speed the IS can compete more directly (6.6 TLS...6.7 IS300/ these figures from Edmunds btw) now w/the TLS. I don't know how well the TL (7.1 ?) would compare, would be closer most likely than against IS auto.
If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass a-hoppin'. This thread was about a particular TL beating a particular IS. So all your number crunching really doesn't mean much does it?
Old 08-21-2001, 02:05 PM

Gee, thanks for correcting me "blackie", what must I be thinking ? By your point of argument then, a TL is just a $30k Accord. And I'd be hard-pressed to find a Lexus owner feeling ripped off, basically because they fall into 2 basic groups: those that don't worry about the price, and those that can just afford it but never have to worry about quality and reliability. Overpriced is speculative, but paying $33k for cheap leather and fake wood doesn't seem reasonable. And consider the fact that the IS300 has 45 less hp and is .3 off, indicates the potential for the engine. Heck, the 330ci has 35hp less and runs neck and neck w/ a TLS. And you say that BMW and Lexus are "status symbols" (i.e. wealth), but if I said that Acura wasn't a luxury division like those two, you'd argue that I'm wrong, so what is Acura ? You're all entitled to your opinions, but to state such things as fact makes you look more childish than the very IS owners you talk negatively about.

Old 08-21-2001, 02:10 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice Kill.

Wonder if it was a 5 speed. :p

Aint it sweet.

RUF
Old 08-21-2001, 02:20 PM

C'mon mentl, I don't consider it lurking if I'm a member of this board, I simply try to be realistic and present facts, not "BMW sux, IS is fugly, blah, blah,blah..." this makes the board look cheap and immature. I simply made 2 FACTUAL points, which then became (from various TL posters) a tirade about Lexus' shoddy craftsmanship, it's slow, overpriced cars, etc. The fact that I ask someone to bring something to the table to prove or disprove these statements shouldn't banish me from the conversation. And I don't see how I can be picking and choosing my arguments (i.e overall poor TL review), I simply read the TL board to see the same complaints over a short period of time. Now, I haven't seen the long-term report for the TL in the car mags yet (there should be one already), but jump over to the IS board, there's rarely if ever a quality issue, and don't even go to the Bimmer board ! And the point you make about some TL owners wanting the Japanese look for their TL flies right in the face of convention, considering everyone here considers the IS "ricey" looking because of the Altezza lights.
just my .02

Old 08-21-2001, 02:40 PM
Instructor

I think IS300 is overated its speed, I never seen any IS300 is faster than TL or TLS on the road. TLS is lot faster than IS300 for sure. TLS is surely nicer and firmer driving. IS300 6.6 seconds offs. At edmonds.com states that TLS,6.5 seconds and it was faster than BMW330i. Maybe it is 6.8 seconds for 60mph for IS300. Every mag is different, when ever i run 0 to 60mph, seems like less than 6 seconds, I think someone at race track stated that TLS 5.89seconds and even someone says race against S4 and did better. It could be wrong but, IS300 driver shouldn't race with TLS drivers. Makes Lexus unstable for the speed. I think we have to remember that Honda engines are the best in the world, if not give me a name..
Old 08-21-2001, 02:40 PM
j83
Pro

Thumbs down to tedc,

ok your point that acura used honda accord parts to make the tl
lets not think of lexus and toyota right?
every other car manufacturer does the same
es300-camry
is300-corolla
gs300-avalon
rx300-4runner
lx470(???)-landcruiser

not tryin to pick a fight but you brought it on teddy nothing to argue bout same thing

also i raced an is
dragged bout 2 or 3 times and i was half car length ahead of him every time
then another is300 wanted to drag so i raced him same result
my nickel
Old 08-21-2001, 02:53 PM

Just a correction j83, the GS platform shares nothing w/an Avalon, plus I think the Avalon is FWD, GS is RWD. And I can't say that the TLS is "alot" faster than the 5-speed, of which this discussion is about, we're talking maybe .3 seconds diff. at best, depending on the drivers. And the article at Edmunds.com had the TLS @6.6, 330 (stick)@6.7. I don't fully understand seotaiji, what you mean about Lexus "unstable" for the speed, the IS was built for just that. And yes, I can name an engine as good as, if not better than Honda's-- Toyota.

Old 08-21-2001, 02:55 PM

Smile

one more thing j83, the RX300 uses the ES300 platform, hence it's "car-like" feel.

Old 08-21-2001, 03:09 PM

Exclamation Ted and IS300

I never said "a TL is just a $30 K Accord." Such a comment is a red herring. I am basically saying that "bang for the buck" goes to the Acura TL when compared to more expensive BMW models and the Lexus IS300. Did someone else here mention that they are overrated? The performance numbers that you quote are subject to "real world" conditions and are not above scrutiny. It may very well be that the BMW may be able to go "neck and neck" with a TL type S, but it is still a more expensive car. I, for one, did not pay for 33k (I recall my number being much less, sans Navi) for "cheap leather and fake wood" as you say, I paid for the bang for the buck. I certainly would not want real wood in my car, for what? I won't even discuss the matter of so-called "cheap leather" since that is quite beside the point. Opinions and esthetics aside,the TL type S will still have fun pulling away from your IS300 at the stop light, "Teddy." I recall Car and Driver's 7/01 report of 6.2 seconds 0-60 and 1/4 mile 14.8 @96 for the Type S. What is the best time in the mags for the IS300?

Old 08-21-2001, 03:10 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
IS 300 sucks.....damn thing doesn't even have an armrest between the front seats...!

Funny story: I went to the local Lexus dealership to check out the IS 300 with my cuz (this was before I got my TL). Some young dealer punk approached us and tried to act like a real dealer (he failed). I told him I was also looking at a TL and instead of trying to explain how the IS 300 is a better car than the TL (which is impossible) he just attacked Acura by calling the TL "an old man's car". And when I complained to him about how the IS 300 had no armrest, he argued that I'd need to keep both hands on the wheel. What a JACKASS. Maybe I should go back and thank him some day for steering me towards the better car.:p
Old 08-21-2001, 03:32 PM
Instructor

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT YEAH YEAH .. YOU GAVE HIM A CAN OF ASS WHUPINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Old 08-21-2001, 03:33 PM
Senior Moderator

C'mon guys you all know we secretly love the IS. It is the best car. It can be a:

Porsche 911 turbo
Acura NSX
Corvette Z06
BMW M5

We all wish we had an IS. I wish I could trade in my TL for an IS, but... I'm not stupid enough.

Ted, go away you're starting to annoy me. Who gives a $hit what you or JD Power thinks. You think the IS is a great car, we think the same about the TL.

We know you're a closet TLover.

Don't go away mad.....Just go away
Old 08-21-2001, 03:35 PM

Blackie, did you even read my original post ?? I am, and have been, talking about the 2002 IS300 5-speed, that is listed on Lexus' own site @0-60 in 6.8 sec. (I guarantee that the car mags will get lower, hence both Lexus and Acura provide conservative numbers. And since the IS 5speed is new I'm not sure it's been tested by the car mags yet. So the fact that the IS 5 does 6.7, just like the 330, I doubt that the TLS will just "pull away". And again, I never said you made that Accord comment, I said..."By your point of argument ", meaning that if you say that the IS is an "overpriced piece of crap" others will (and have) argue(d) that the TL is just a $30k Accord. Lexus heard the complaints about the lack of both NAV and an armrest and now have them (the armrest is standard). I fully agree that the TL is the best car around for the money, I just feel that they were better off leaving out the fake wood (do they think people are morons ?) and upgrading the leather.
BTW, I don't own an IS300

Old 08-21-2001, 03:46 PM
Shogun Assassin

Lexus heard the complaints about the lack of both NAV and an armrest and now have them (the armrest is standard).
They finally got an armrest for the IS 300?? Wow.....well, it's been about a year since I went with my cuz. But I still will never buy an IS 300.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:48 PM

NSXNEXT, I love the fact that because I don't agree w/you, I'm an annoyance and should leave the board. Why ? Because I don't make ridiculous little remarks that "Lexus sux, we rule, I killed a Bimmer..." ??! Read my posts, hell, any of my posts, unlike yourself I don't try to be cool and shoot down whoever doesn't agree w/my narrow opinion. At least I brings stats, not self-stimulating fluff like some of the posers on this board. Oh, I'm sorry, since I don't own an Acura, I have NO RIGHT to even be here ??!! I simply have been considering a TLS as a second vehicle, so I came to this site for info and feedback. What do I get ? "Lexus is sh#t, I killed a Mazda MPV, all MB,BMW,Lexus owners are punkz, etc" If, God forbid, you have an opinion here not in line with Acura, get the hell off, we don't like your type. Go to the Lexus board, you get none of this, people won't bash Acura, and they'll even answer your questions politely, but here, from the responses, the avg. age seems about 19 at best. And people wonder why Acura is fighting for an identity.

Old 08-21-2001, 03:51 PM

Unhappy

btw, it's sad that you're a moderator, and forbid difference of opinions.

Old 08-21-2001, 04:01 PM
Senior Moderator

NSXNEXT, I love the fact that because I don't agree w/you, I'm an annoyance and should leave the board. Why ? Because I don't make ridiculous little remarks that "Lexus sux, we rule, I killed a Bimmer..." ??! Read my posts, hell, any of my posts, unlike yourself I don't try to be cool and shoot down whoever doesn't agree w/my narrow opinion. At least I brings stats, not self-stimulating fluff like some of the posers on this board. Oh, I'm sorry, since I don't own an Acura, I have NO RIGHT to even be here ??!! I simply have been considering a TLS as a second vehicle, so I came to this site for info and feedback. What do I get ? "Lexus is sh#t, I killed a Mazda MPV, all MB,BMW,Lexus owners are punkz, etc" If, God forbid, you have an opinion here not in line with Acura, get the hell off, we don't like your type. Go to the Lexus board, you get none of this, people won't bash Acura, and they'll even answer your questions politely, but here, from the responses, the avg. age seems about 19 at best. And people wonder why Acura is fighting for an identity.
Wow, that's five minutes of my life that I won't get back

Ted, take another prozac. You know exactly how it is on every board you've been to. We think you suck, you think we suck. OK we all suck. I believe this post all started because our friend Dhiren beat an IS. Tomorrow someone on the IS board will beat us and post about it. As the world turns.......
Old 08-21-2001, 04:04 PM
Shogun Assassin

TedC......guy, you gotta settle down. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you have to realize that everyone in this forum w/ a TL is passionate about their ride. I, for one, love almost every Japanese and European automaker and hate almost every American car....but that's just my personal preference. And you're right about Toyota being an amazing automaker....hell, my friend just got a mint '93 MR2 and I'm f***ing jealous! That car is amazing!!!! But I would never say that Toyota is better than Honda simply because I'm obsessed with Honda.

....and FYI: you gotta be ready for some lashback if you're gonna attack the TL in this forum.

Quick Reply: Is 300 Killed!