2002 Acura TL-S favourite colours ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2001, 01:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2002 Acura TL-S favourite colours ?

I'm new on this forum and just wanted to get some feedback as to your guys/gals favourite colours and availability etc. etc...
thanks guys
BaystreetBoy
Old 04-21-2001, 01:23 AM
Pro

Smile

White diamond pearl with parchment looks very rich. That is what I got and I love the colors
Old 04-21-2001, 02:18 AM
Instructor

Unhappy

Dont' really dig any of the colors available, but would love to see the anthracite metallic on a Type-S
Old 04-21-2001, 05:37 AM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are my top choices(not in order) for TLS

DWP/Parchment
DWP/Ebony - N/A in Canada
Aegean Blue/Ebony - N/A in Canada
Silver/Ebony
Naples Gold/Parchment - Canadian Market Only

Now, only if DWP/Ebony and Aegrean Blue/Ebony were available in Canada, I would go with either color combo..

Andy Kuo

------------------
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Old 04-21-2001, 08:11 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

White Diamond Pearl with Parchment interior looks very classy (which is what I ended up getting). The Aegean Blue Pearl gives the car a "sportier" look but it's only available with the dark interior. You really can't go wrong with any of the colors, except maybe the Dark Emerald Pearl. :-) Just my two cents.
Old 04-21-2001, 09:13 AM

My favourite would be the following:

Anthracite/Ebony -- N/A(hopefully soon)
WDP/Ebony -- if and when available in Canada
Aegean Blue/Ebony - if and when avail. Canada
Silver/Ebony
Black/Ebony
Old 04-21-2001, 02:09 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Cool

Dark Emerald Look good IMO, very elegance, very classic.
Anthacrite would be nice though!! If they made TLS in Anthacrite, I would probably go for it...

WDP/Ebony is really what I want though... Aegean Blue/Ebony and Silver/Ebony tie for second place.... Naples Gold/Parchment and WDP/Parchment would be my last alternative....

Why couldn't Acura offer ALL colors from TL for TLS?? Aren't they made on same assembly line(s)??

Andy Kuo

------------------
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Old 04-21-2001, 11:06 PM

I love the White Diamond Pearl, but I already have one white car. So I chose the equally nice Satin Silver. I think the Aegean blue is really nice too. The TL looks good in any color.
Old 04-21-2001, 11:14 PM

Smile

So what's wrong with the Dark Emerald Pearl? That's what I have and I love it. I would have gotten a silver one if Acura would have offered gray leather. That black leather with the cheesy black plastic trim was too much. Especially in the hot florida sun! Since I already have a pearl white car I didn't want another one so the next best thing was the green. It looks pretty good with a platinum tint on it too! Besides, you spend more time in the car than outside of it. I think Acura should have offered a nice gray leather interior along with the black and parchment. Just my opinion
Old 04-21-2001, 11:32 PM

Angry

I am so bummed out about the lack of a good color selection for this car. I am still shopping for a car - and would have bought one of these today in a heartbeat if it had been offered in Naples Gold Metallic with parchment interior. I love the car - but can bring myself to buy one - since I don't like the colors they offer. They don't even offer it in red for God's sake! The white diamond pearl with parchment reminds me of an Avis rental car lot. Black is boring. The silver with black interior was acceptable - but I want what I want when buying a car - not something that is my 3rd or 4th choice vs.
the other colors I could have had if they had offered them. The color selection offered with the TL-S is pathetic (and boring)
Old 04-21-2001, 11:46 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Rick2002,

Actually Naples Gold/Parchment is available in Canada, which looks very elegant as well!!! But I wanted WDP/Ebony more than Silver/Ebony...but the color combo is only available in US...

Andy Kuo

------------------
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Old 04-22-2001, 08:57 AM
Instructor

Smile

I hope to be buying within the next month or two. I think the Aegean Blue/Ebony is going to win out over the Dark Emerald Pearl/Parchment by just a tad. (A Red option would make the color decision even tougher if offered.)
Old 04-22-2001, 06:31 PM

Talking

And your right, I am an elegant and classy gal as well. It's a perfect fit! But you are right about one thing, if the "S" would have been offered in the Anthracite, I would have definitely gotten that one instead!
The only reason that I can think of that they didn't offer it is because all of the regular TL's wouldn't have moved and they would've had a hard time moving them off of the lot. Acura knows people will buy the "S"......crummy color selection or not. It's a marketing ploy. The Emerald Pearl is not available on the TL......only the "S". (They should have done it the other way around!!) By the way, did you see Meet the Parents......Green is the color of choice of intelligent people. LOL
Why couldn't Acura offer ALL colors from TL for TLS?? Aren't they made on same assembly line(s)??

Andy Kuo

[/B][/QUOTE]

Old 04-22-2001, 11:41 PM
Racer

Thumbs up

My favorite color is Aegean Blue Pearl, but sadly I'm told its not avail. in Canada.

Second choice would be black.