03 Accord V6 vs 02 Acura TL-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys notice how old this thread is? I was reading through it and realized that I posted on this thread. LOL
Old 07-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Who gives a rat's arse if the new accord is marginally quicker in the sprint to 60? Does that really make a better car? I'd take a TL-S over a new accord anyday of the week. I'd still bet on a Tl-S (stock vs. stock) to edge out the Auto V6.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by vandy786
Yea, often idiots tend to overlook posts so I made sure you saw it this time.

childish name calling won't get you anywhere, but if it makes you feel like a man, then so be it; but you have yet to grow some testicles.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The accord owners that are cocky about their "speedy" accords are usually the same types of personalities that chant the "a win is a win" mantra, and thusly feel that their car is both superior, and faster ... despite the fact that the corvette they just beat had two flat tires in the rear, and was actually on a flatbed truck.

Power to the new Honda Penis .. I mean Honda Accord racers.. they've got a winner in the 1/4-mile department, this is for sure. Sometimes I look at the new accord sedan front end and hesistantly wonder if Trojan will be the first company to offer up a nose condom.. I mean mask for those that want more .. "protection" for their front end.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Banned

what is a troll?
can i be one of them?
peace
Old 07-09-2003, 12:30 AM
Racer

Originally posted by accordv6
Who gives a rat's arse if the new accord is marginally quicker in the sprint to 60? Does that really make a better car? I'd take a TL-S over a new accord anyday of the week.

Acura = "luxury"

Honda = "economy"

That's the nature of the beast.

I couldn't care less who is faster.

I'd STILL take my TL over an Accord any day of the week.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:10 AM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
so what about the new Accord? I'm not impressed and I'll leave it at that...No matter what, it still isn't a Acura TL Type-S...I love accords, just not the new one(I think it is fugly, just my opinion)
Old 07-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by zigzagzig
childish name calling won't get you anywhere, but if it makes you feel like a man, then so be it; but you have yet to grow some testicles.
Both your mom and your sister beg to differ. You do know that I am just kidding, right?:o :o
Old 07-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Advanced

As I said in an earlier post, I test drove 2 different Accord EX V6's. The car is nice, and is a very good performer especially for the $$$.

The bottom line is though, the car is just plain ugly.
There is not a single attractive thing about it. Besides the fact that every day you can see your grandmother or your 4th grade teacher driving by in one in silver, gray or gold.

The quality and performance of the Accord is what convinced me to go look at the TL, because I wanted all that AND a car that was attractive.
Why Honda doesn't just sell the Euro Accord here is beyond me. Now that is a hot looking car.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by CatchaWave
As I said in an earlier post, I test drove 2 different Accord EX V6's. The car is nice, and is a very good performer especially for the $$$.

There is not a single attractive thing about it. Besides the fact that every day you can see your grandmother or your 4th grade teacher driving by in one in silver, gray or gold.

The quality and performance of the Accord is what convinced me to go look at the TL, because I wanted all that AND a car that was attractive.
Why Honda doesn't just sell the Euro Accord here is beyond me. Now that is a hot looking car.
Ha, 4th grader teacher (so true) that was a good one
Old 07-09-2003, 09:07 AM
Suzuka Master

As I said in an earlier post, I test drove 2 different Accord EX V6's.
There is not a single attractive thing about it.
You did not find the interior materials to be nicer than the TL?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

I think you've already stated the reason, many Americans don't like to be labeled as a Honda owner. Believe it or not, a good number of Americans still don't know that Acura is Honda. Even less with Nissan and Infiniti.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Racer

Aren't they already?

The 2004 Acura TSX.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Advanced

-------------------------------------------------------
Aren't they already? The 2004 Acura TSX

I mean AS a Honda Accord, and forget that Fugly thing they are calling an Accord here.

Has anyone seen that Euro Accord Commercial?
http://home.comcast.net/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html

That is the WAGON Version of the Accord and it's hot.

As far as the Interior of the 03 Accord, I have to say it IS Nice.
But Interior is way less important to me than Exterior.
Is the interior of a Ferrari all that great?
Do YOU really care when you are driving one?
Old 07-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Has anyone seen that Euro Accord Commercial?
http://home.comcast.net/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html

That is the WAGON Version of the Accord and it's hot.
Wow, the TSX wagon would look pretty good on this side of the pond.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:53 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i ran an auto accord v6 03 off the line by about 2 cars till 60 and from a 50 till 125 by about 5 cars. But im modded
Old 07-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by vandy786
Both your mom and your sister beg to differ. You do know that I am just kidding, right?:o :o

yes if all else fails, go to the family jokes. very good
Old 07-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Wow, old thread...

I did have a new AV6 sedan try to run with me, in my CL, while on a long on-ramp heading on I-575 north.

I went to pass at a medium pace on this three lane wide ramp and I guess the AV6 owner wasn't going to have that. I noticed a slight lurch and I was no longer passing. So at about 40 while still in 2nd I got on it and pulled on by quite easily letting up at about 80 with numerous length's in between us.

My car looks completly stock, but it is not, so the outcome was somewhat expected.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 2003 TL-S
Unless you are on a drag strip or an open highway, street racing is about which car has the better (crazier?) driver, not how powerful the car is.
Ain't that the tooth.

Let's take my run in with an '03 M3 last evening. I was going about 40 along a local road in the left lane. I'm about 300 feet from the next set of lights. About 50 feet ahead of me and to my left, cars are lined up at the left turn lane which starts about 250 feet or so from the lights. Now let's do some simple math...

If I'm travelling at 40 mph, that means I'm travelling at around 59 ft per second. Now, the cars to my left start lining up 50 feet ahead of me. This means that I will be even with them in approximately .8 seconds. With that in mind, can anyone possbily tell me why any car coming up BEHIND me would try to pass IN FRONT of me to get into the left-turn lane??

I'm not sure how fast the M3 was going, it had to be at least double my speed. The guy came from behind me in the right lane and flew in front of me just as I was approaching the stopped cars to my left. I think I was 30 feet from them and he was about 10. The idiot slammed on his brakes as he started to merge into the left lane. I think he realized he wasn't going to make it, because he makes an even dumber move.

Instead of pulling to the right, he decides to pull to the left into ONCOMING TRAFFIC. Keep in mind that this is rush hour, about 5:30 or so. He barely misses rear-ending the car in front, swerves into oncoming traffic, misses a couple cars, then stalls or kills his engine. I don't know which he did, he just stopped in his tracks facing the wrong way. I saw in my rearview mirror that he got out of his car. At this point, I decided to be a good driver...and call in a reckless driver to the 5-0 .

So you're absolutely right, street racing isn't about which car is faster, it's about who's crazier. In this case, this guy was crazier...but still lost
Old 07-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Instructor

I see street racers all the time on the Hawaii highways. Weaving in and out of heavy traffic at 90mph+ is just insane (as well as dangerous). And to think we actually have a perfectly good drag strip where you can race all you want on Fridays and Saturdays for just $6. More than I can say for LA - a city of 10 million plus with no public dragstrip (since Pomona closed to the public).

Back to the topic, does the rear end of the Accord sedan remind you of a Saturn? It does to me. Of course, the rear end of the Coupe looks like a Mercedes, but that is a good thing.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:33 PM
2002 TL Type S

Once the new TL comes out, we'll be back ahead
HP rating for the new TL-S?
Old 07-09-2003, 05:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Back to the topic, does the rear end of the Accord sedan remind you of a Saturn? It does to me. Of course, the rear end of the Coupe looks like a Mercedes, but that is a good thing.
I dunno, the rear looks a little Audi'ish to me. And it might not be so good to be mistaken for a better/faster car. First time my friends and I saw the new coupe, we thought it was some sort of Benz. As soon as we got close enough, all we could say was "ew...it's an Accord...wtf?".

That plus the fact that you get peeps who really are in Benz's trying to race you all the time.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Pro

I see street racers all the time on the Hawaii highways.
Although I know street races normally take place on short runs, something about street racing on Hawaiian highways strikes me as ironic. :p
Old 07-10-2003, 10:04 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scalbert, you know thats not fair though!!!

In all honesty I think these cars are pretty equal stock with the TLS having a slight advantage. I like the new accords but love my TLS more...even if the tranny is slipping!

Originally posted by scalbert
Wow, old thread...

I did have a new AV6 sedan try to run with me, in my CL, while on a long on-ramp heading on I-575 north.

I went to pass at a medium pace on this three lane wide ramp and I guess the AV6 owner wasn't going to have that. I noticed a slight lurch and I was no longer passing. So at about 40 while still in 2nd I got on it and pulled on by quite easily letting up at about 80 with numerous length's in between us.

My car looks completly stock, but it is not, so the outcome was somewhat expected.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ferizzo
Scalbert, you know thats not fair though!!!

In all honesty I think these cars are pretty equal stock with the TLS having a slight advantage. I like the new accords but love my TLS more...even if the tranny is slipping!
I knew it wasn't but he probably didn't. I wonder if he felt something was wrong with his car.

But I agree, they are all pretty evenly matched, the CL/TL/AV6 (with powertrains being equal), to a point to where reaction will make the largest difference.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:16 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gotta love your *cough, cough* intake! :worship:

Originally posted by scalbert
I knew it wasn't but he probably didn't. I wonder if he felt something was wrong with his car.

But I agree, they are all pretty evenly matched, the CL/TL/AV6 (with powertrains being equal), to a point to where reaction will make the largest difference.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:35 AM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New TL to have AWD and 6-speed. Now there's something to distinguish the Accord and the TL.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Advanced

HP rating for the new TL-S?
When I bought my TL-S in Feb of 2003 the dealer told me the 04 TL (didn't specify trim) would be 285hp. Who knows if they were talking out of their arse or not.