Traffic indication

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traffic indication

Have my 2005 RL for 3 weeks, cannot ever see a traffic issue ??? The screen shows the little traffic bar on the bottom, but the specific traffic issue does not appear anywhere when I search the map. Live in the NJ/NY region. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Intermediate

I assume you have the screen resolution pointing within the traffic indicator section. No traffic indications will be shown at the highest resolution.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I also live in NJ (Central to be exact), and even with
the resolution pointed in the traffic range I have yet
to see any indication of traffic alerts.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Intermediate

I live in Central NJ and see all the traffic alerts every day. Did you make sure to go into the NAV setup and tell it you want to see the alerts? It is possible it is turned off.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Veriojon,

Actually, all I did was go to the SHOW ICONS on the
NAV menu and select the first icon, TRAFFIC.

Is there something else I should have done?

By the way, great to hear that here in Central NJ you
can see traffic indications. How accurate have they been?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Push the button to use the voice activation and say "Display Traffic" If that doesnt show anythying then try the command "Display Traffic List" - the second oen will show you a list of incidents around you.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Intermediate

My commute takes me up 287 from exit 17 to exit 36 and it has been dead on most times with where the accidents are. A couple of times I have passed an accident without it being on the screen, but that may just have been a case where it was not updated yet as the backups on 287 were not bad yet (meaning it just happened).

When I listen to the traffic reports, most of the mentioned problems are represented by the accident symbols on the screen. A big plus is construction is rarely mentioned on the traffic reports, but the construction icons are there on the screen

I wish more roads in NJ had the traffic flow sensors, of course most would show up red during the commute, but it is nice to see all the major highways thru NYC and LI light up with blue/yellow/red flow lines for the times I head out to LI to see the parents.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Cruisin'

To make sure you're getting all the traffic stuff to show on your screen, first select "traffic" on the icons screen. While you're still on that icon menu, push the big selector button to the right to select "Icon Options" (or whatever that option is called). On the next screen, choose option 4, "Traffic", and it will take you to another screen. Make sure both items on that screen are chosen - I think it's "show traffic flow" and "show traffic icons", or something like that. If you've got all those items properly chosen, and you're still not getting the traffic info/icons that you're supposed to get, I'd take it in to the dealer for some fixin'.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vp911
Push the button to use the voice activation and say "Display Traffic" If that doesnt show anythying then try the command "Display Traffic List" - the second oen will show you a list of incidents around you.
Thank you.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by curry7
To make sure you're getting all the traffic stuff to show on your screen, first select "traffic" on the icons screen. While you're still on that icon menu, push the big selector button to the right to select "Icon Options" (or whatever that option is called). On the next screen, choose option 4, "Traffic", and it will take you to another screen. Make sure both items on that screen are chosen - I think it's "show traffic flow" and "show traffic icons", or something like that. If you've got all those items properly chosen, and you're still not getting the traffic info/icons that you're supposed to get, I'd take it in to the dealer for some fixin'.
Thanks you fixed me. Thank you again..
Old 07-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

thank you, you fixed the problem. thanks again...
Old 08-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
I also live in NJ (Central to be exact), and even with
the resolution pointed in the traffic range I have yet
to see any indication of traffic alerts.
My problem was the dealer never activated traffic output with XM. One call to XM CS and everything was working within 10 minutes. Call XM radio CS ( get the number off their web site) and make sure it is turned om. Need futher help I would be hppy to talk you through. Regards, Peter
Old 08-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Intermediate

My problem was the dealer never activated traffic output with XM. One call to XM CS and everything was working within 10 minutes. Call XM radio CS ( get the number off their web site) and make sure it is turned om. Need futher help I would be hppy to talk you through. Regards, Peter
Old 08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Intermediate

NavTraffic Activation

Originally Posted by PeterL1

Thanks for the heads up. When I called XM CS, I also found out that my NavTraffic was not activated. The agent initially said that it was an extra charge for that feature but I told them it was part of the Acura 12 month trail subscription.....they checked and then turned it on.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Instructor

I wonder if THAT is the problem....

....although if I do speak "display traffic list" I do
get a list of traffic delays.

Is it on in that case?

Anyhow....

Where do I find the radio ID # to give them so they
know what radio to turn on?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NJRonbo
Where do I find the radio ID # to give them so they
know what radio to turn on?
Tune to XM channel 1. It will show up in the Upper Display (the one just above the nav screen).