Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal..???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal..???

Does anyone knows if we can hack the Nav on the RL just like the Nav on the TL?
Old 09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
You might want to search here....

Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics

...moving thread there as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Moonwalker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here are the instructions for how I changed my welcome screen. As far as I know, there is no fix for the OK button like the one for the TL.
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-90/changing-navigation-splash-screen-500411/
Old 12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Question Still No Solution

Am I to understand that even with version 4.81, we are still stuck with the very annoying "nag screen"? How could Acura do something like that? Voice commands don't even work if you haven't hit "OK". (yes I know it will work if you hit the talk button twice but that's really annoying) Actually, the nag screen is probably one of the most annoying things of this car; maybe I should start a list...
Old 12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
If that is the most annoying thing of any car, I welcome it.

Because of the 'nag' screen Acura allows the NAVI to be utilized on the fly. Not many out there come close to the Acura system. And that is because the Acura VR is one of the best in the biz.

WHY would a NAVI disc upgrade change this? Have the laws changed? Nope.

What I do not understand is what is more the bother.....pushing a button or a screen that might make you think about using the system responsibly?

What else is on that list? Seat belt reminders? Air Bag decals? Headlights on reminder? CMBS warnings to BRAKE!? Airbag OFF indicators?

When you reach for the shift knob, your forefinger taps the Interface nob. You do it every day. It is second nature. Five or Six calories might be burned.

The sacrifices we make.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
LOL... 5 - 6 Cal. I guess you can call it a workout with style working with our NAVI

Originally Posted by TampaRL

Because of the 'nag' screen Acura allows the NAVI to be utilized on the fly. Not many out there come close to the Acura system. And that is because the Acura VR is one of the best in the biz.

What I do not understand is what is more the bother.....pushing a button or a screen that might make you think about using the system responsibly?

What else is on that list? Seat belt reminders? Air Bag decals? Headlights on reminder? CMBS warnings to BRAKE!? Airbag OFF indicators?

When you reach for the shift knob, your forefinger taps the Interface nob. You do it every day. It is second nature. Five or Six calories might be burned.

The sacrifices we make.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 PM
10th Gear

honestly...who cares about safety? we are in a 5* rated vehicle. It's called a NAG screen for that reason. Anyone watch South Park on here. Do you remember when they did the wheel of fortune skit with randy? The clue " People that annoy you" Screen: N_GGARS. Answer was naggars...just guess what randy said haha.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Instructor

"honestly...who cares about safety?

I see a new category for Darwin Awards.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:55 AM
10th Gear

so any ideas on NAG screen removal?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Instructor

Unhappy

Originally Posted by TampaRL

The sacrifices we make.
I am not sure I believe the nag screen makes us think twice about using the system responsibly but you are raising an interesting point TampaRL. I didn't realize the nag screen was required by law and that's why I was hoping it would get removed in a new release.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Racer

The nag screen is really annoying. I hate it. I don't agree with this but what can you do...? How about once a month?? that would be a little more acceptable.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:00 PM
^^--That Guy

I guarantee that you have to reach down to shift your car into gear every time you crank it. When you do that, just point out your index finger and hit the ok button while you are there.

If that is too much of a nag for you, hire a driver.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Racer

whatever.. I guess we see it differently. I do lots of things everyday.. I put on pants and a shirt and brush my teeth.. and... on and on... for you maybe it is ok, but I have has a NAG screen since 2000 and I am just about tired of it..
Old 01-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 180 Likes on 129 Posts
We have the nag screen because of lawyers. It's the same reason we have that obnoxious sticker on our visor re: the airbags. The seat belt and headlamp reminders are because we live in the USA. Honda assumes that the rest of the world is smarter and eliminates the stupid chimes. Amazingly, Top Gear actually liked the CTS-V but could not get over the wrath of chimes every time that you get into what would otherwise be a serenely quiet environment.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:41 AM
kgd
Instructor

I bought my car new in 2005 and don't believe I have ever read that screen, just hit OK by habbit...

At least their legal folks must be happy.