Locked out of hfl. Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:13 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Locked out of hfl. Help please!

Hi all. I just bought an 06 RL ASPEC and I am locked out of the Acura Hands Free Link. I asked the dealership is they knew what out was but they were oblivious. I guess they didn't check that in the time that the car was in their possession. Can someone please let me clear/reset the password.
Any HELP is much appreciated..thanks in advance.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Da ReaL BiGGMaN
Hi all. I just bought an 06 RL ASPEC and I am locked out of the Acura Hands Free Link. I asked the dealership is they knew what out was but they were oblivious. I guess they didn't check that in the time that the car was in their possession. Can someone please let me clear/reset the password.
Any HELP is much appreciated..thanks in advance.
Had the same problem with my RL, the car was under warranty, so the dealer replaced the hands free unit.
search in ebay, the P/N is 39770SJAA01, make sure it fits your car
Old 01-01-2018, 06:23 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I ask what exactly is happening with yours? Does it specifically say you're locked out or does it fail to recognize any voice commands to set it up, like mine does? I'm trying to figure out the issue with mine, '05 RL, that I purchased a few months ago. I can't get into the setup, link my phone, get my garage door opener to pair, etc. Basically I can listen to the radio and CD's, and that's about it.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dank1079
Can I ask what exactly is happening with yours? Does it specifically say you're locked out or does it fail to recognize any voice commands to set it up, like mine does? I'm trying to figure out the issue with mine, '05 RL, that I purchased a few months ago. I can't get into the setup, link my phone, get my garage door opener to pair, etc. Basically I can listen to the radio and CD's, and that's about it.
garage door pairing is different that hands free.
Press the hands free button and say "help" - what is the feedback you hear?
Old 01-03-2018, 06:27 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Whenever I press the hfl button on the steering wheel it prompts be for the 4 digit code which I nor the dealership I got the car for knows. I am not experiencing that issue with the garage door opener as that is not part of hfl but I read one article the other day saying disconnect the battery for like half hour and connect it back and it should reset everything. I need to find the article again because I believe there was some additional steps including needed the radio code and possibly touching the cables together. PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE ME I will get some more information and update the thread.
Originally Posted by Dank1079
Old 01-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Disconnecting the battery will not clear the code from the HFL, you need a new module.
Find one on Ebay.