Any users with new ATT Moto Q Global?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007 | 04:14 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Any users with new ATT Moto Q Global?

I was testing a new Moto Q Global at the ATT store today. It pairs and displays the datalink set up but it did not work with the datalink test. I expect it was my SIM card from my RAZR that prevented the datalink test from working. In my RAZR the datalink works fine, but I did not have the data package that supports the Q's data modem.

If anyone has a Moto Q Global, with ATT, I would be curious if the Acuralink was successful and the general performance of the smartphone with HFL. It appears to be a very robust set up. I wrote Acura HFL and the reply was the do not have models of the ATT Moto Q or ATT TILT to even begin testing.
Old 11-06-2007 | 04:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TampaRL
I was testing a new Moto Q Global at the ATT store today. It pairs and displays the datalink set up but it did not work with the datalink test. I expect it was my SIM card from my RAZR that prevented the datalink test from working. In my RAZR the datalink works fine, but I did not have the data package that supports the Q's data modem.

If anyone has a Moto Q Global, with ATT, I would be curious if the Acuralink was successful and the general performance of the smartphone with HFL. It appears to be a very robust set up. I wrote Acura HFL and the reply was the do not have models of the ATT Moto Q or ATT TILT to even begin testing.
I don't think the SIM has anything to do with data capability. If you do not have a data package, then you simply "pay per use" for data usage at AT&T's per/KB rate. Your experience would lead me to believe that the Q Global (Q9h) doesn't support Acuralink.
Old 11-06-2007 | 05:25 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Talking

I tend to agree dw...

I just went back to the ATT store to try again. Fortunately the sales rep I am working with is eager to see how the RL works, so it has been a exercise more than a sale.

I remembered when I bought the TREO 680 a month ago (and since returned), I also tested the TREO before I signed. I had used the same SIM from my RAZR V3 for that test and the TREO paired and tested data connection on the 1st try.

It looks like my test may indeed indicate the new Q Global may not be compatible with AcuraLink.

I posted on the RDX and TL boards to see if anyone else had tried the Q with success. So far no replies on the Q, and one successful reply on the ATT TILT.

I
Old 11-06-2007 | 05:25 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Talking

I tend to agree dw...

I just went back to the ATT store to try again. Fortunately the sales rep I am working with is eager to see how the RL works, so it has been a exercise more than a sale.

I remembered when I bought the TREO 680 a month ago (and since returned), I also tested the TREO before I signed. I had used the same SIM from my RAZR V3 for that test and the TREO paired and tested data connection on the 1st try.

It looks like my test may indeed indicate the new Q Global may not be compatible with AcuraLink.

I posted on the RDX and TL boards to see if anyone else had tried the Q with success. So far no replies on the Q, and one successful reply on the ATT TILT.
Old 11-07-2007 | 07:32 PM
Cruisin'

I bought a Q Global on 11/2. It did not work with Acura link. My Razr did, so I think it will work if I play with it a little.

Signal meter works, Battery meter works and overall seems stable (when the phone is working)

I have had some issues with the phone itself, such as: Reboots 2 or 3 times on start up, phone will switch off and the only way to get it back is to re-boot.

I've downloaded 1 windows update for it so far. It is better, but needs work.

But, overall the HFL seems to work pretty well.

FYI - '07 Tech Package
Old 11-07-2007 | 07:44 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Thanks for the feedback RoadDog.

As seamless the RAZR V3 has been with both HFL & Acuralink, it surprises me these complex smartphones have issues. Perhaps there is too many features being offered and it creates software conflicts?

As much as I want a PDA / Smartphone, I like how troublefree the RAZR has been. I guess I will continue to wait.
Old 11-10-2007 | 09:17 AM
Cruisin'

I returned the Moto Q on Friday. The tech did a "shock" reboot. He removed the battery while it was on. Then replaced and restarted. I worked the rest of the day, but I have been unable to get it to boot up this morning.

So, I am going to exchange for a new Q this morning. I really want my email, so I am trying hard to make this work.

Like you, the Razr was perfect. So, I'll give the Q one more shot.
Old 11-10-2007 | 09:24 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Unhappy

I share your frustrations RoadDog.

I read the Q will not work with datalink.

I read mixed reviews on the TILT working with datalink. Some say it does, some say it does not (with ATT).

I think I will keep lurking the boards and see how the dust settles with these new models.

Appreciate your feedback. Keep us posted.