AcuraLink Messages Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AcuraLink Messages Not Working

Ever since my battery was replaced my AcuraLink messages has been grayed out. I assumed it was because the messages got cleared out. Then my maintenance minder went off but there was no Acuralink message to the remind me of what was needed. I told my dealer about it and he said something about resetting the unit. Follwoing the reset, I then set up an appointment through ownerlink as as test and confirmed everything was set up properly in my profile on Owner Link. My dealer confirmed the appointment but there was no confirming message on Acuralink. My XM is working fine. Any thoughts before another trip to the dealer? You guys seen this before??

Thanks
Old 07-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Question

Have you tried to re-pair your phone? Perhaps the datalink with the cell phone was lost with the battery issue.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Racer

I could never get the datalink to work with my Blackberry on T mobile. I understood the the datalink was only for two way communication. Things like maintenance messages, recall notices, appointment reminders were one way from the XM satellite.

Previously when the maintenance minder message came up in the MID, a corresponding message was on the NAV screen with details about the required service. I did not have this since the battery replacament.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Unhappy

Something may need to bre-initialized in the Navi diagnostics.

Mine is working ok, however I have been trying to get the 30 days of 'help tips' messages sent to my RL again in order to demo for a coworker. These were the messages I got when the RL was new and I set up my OwnerLink profile with CS. I have called Acura CS several times to see if I can get those messages cycled through my RL again and they don't seem to know wha I am talking about. They tell me I should get messages every day for 30 days staring, tomorrow, next week or when the sun , moon and some dumb planet are aligned.

I think I'll just ask the service tech. You should try the same.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Racer

Does anyone know how to do the reset (so I can save a service trip). In doing a search I noticed some folks pull the number 5 fuse. I also read one method whereby you enter the diagnostic screen and in the Xm-HIP-ECU you hit "reset data". Do you know which is the correct method?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by jfprl
I could never get the datalink to work with my Blackberry on T mobile. I understood the the datalink was only for two way communication. Things like maintenance messages, recall notices, appointment reminders were one way from the XM satellite.

Previously when the maintenance minder message came up in the MID, a corresponding message was on the NAV screen with details about the required service. I did not have this since the battery replacament.
I believe according to Honda, the T Mobile Blackberrys do not work for datalink, at least with a 2006 RL. Look for the Phone Data Connection box, and it has a red X in every BB, 7100, 8100, 8700
Old 07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Racer

Do you need datalink to get appointment reminders and maintenenace minder messages? I thought the datalink was required only for uploading error codes to the Acura server, but all communication to the car (downloaded) was through the XM satellites. Therefore a datalink was not required for one way communication. Does anybody know how it works?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Intermediate

Appt. reminders are through the satellite antenna, it seems. I just had one received on Friday for an appt. on Saturday. Otherwise, the unit would have to use your phone everyday to check for info.

Acuralink didn't use my phone.

I wonder if the unit receives these messages even when the car is off. I didn't get it driving to work, but when I went out at lunch it was there. My commute is only 15 minutes.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Racer

The dealer reset the system by disconnecting the battery. However I am still not receiving messages as I tried a test appointment confirmation. Any ideas what is wrong?
Old 07-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Intermediate

Did you call Acura Client services? I think they have to activate it to work for dealer appts. If you go on owner's link, it says to call Acura to activate.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Racer

Thanks- I did call to confirm I was active. I also resaved what was on Acuralink.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Racer

The dealer called and said they will replace the acuralink control module. Unfortunately it is on back order. Go figure.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Cruisin'

Receipt of messages

Originally Posted by Strategr
Appt. reminders are through the satellite antenna, it seems. I just had one received on Friday for an appt. on Saturday. Otherwise, the unit would have to use your phone everyday to check for info.

Acuralink didn't use my phone.

I wonder if the unit receives these messages even when the car is off. I didn't get it driving to work, but when I went out at lunch it was there. My commute is only 15 minutes.
The control unit receives the messages while you are driving (vehicle must be on but XM does not have to be on). Then on the next ignition it checks the date of the message and displays it if the date is correct.

So in your case, the message was received maybe weeks ago and displayed the day before the appt. Hope this makes sense.