2005 RL - Problem answering calls with HFL

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 RL - Problem answering calls with HFL

I just got a new Sprint HTC Hero. I can pair the device with the car and make calls with no problem. When someone calls me in the car the system indicates that I have an incoming call, but when I hit the "talk" button and say "Hello", the radio goes back on.....I hear nothing, but the person calling me hears the music being played on the radio and they can hear me saying hello......Any ideas on what I'm doign wrong???
Old 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
The Acura Hands Free Link website does not show that phone model (HTC Hero) and carrier (Sprint) as tested or compatible with the 2005 RL.

Not all Bluetooth phones / Carriers will work with HFL. Some will pair, but may have issues with use and features.

http://www.acura.com/handsfreelink.aspx
Old 01-11-2010, 01:55 PM
2010 CBP TL SH-AWD TECH

Originally Posted by JDunne
I just got a new Sprint HTC Hero. I can pair the device with the car and make calls with no problem. When someone calls me in the car the system indicates that I have an incoming call, but when I hit the "talk" button and say "Hello", the radio goes back on.....I hear nothing, but the person calling me hears the music being played on the radio and they can hear me saying hello......Any ideas on what I'm doign wrong???
Did you ever get this working right? I have a 2005 RL and am considering the Hero but not if it doesn't pair or operate properly. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Racer

Mine does not work either. I have the htc hero. I use the transfer command to transfer the call to the the HFL. I press and say "transfer" ant it works fine. This is when making a call. When receiving a call i push the button on the steering whell to take the call and it automatically picks up on the HFL. I have had the hero for a few months now, and I don't see any other issues except this. I have a blackberry curve for att for work and it works the same as the hero. My old instinct worked fine. I think Acura should have firmware updates so they can add functionality.. That would be cool.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
9th Gear

My HTC Hero works fine with the RL. I can take incoming calls without an issue. No radio problems like the OP. The only thing is that when you make outgoing calls from the HERO, there is not an easy way to transfer to the car phone, though you can use the TRANSFER command from the car.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

Actually, I can help you with this. I am a Nexus One user, but before that I had a G1.

Its a problem across the board on low-end android phones. When making an outgoing call, it can lag up a bit. If the phone hasn't processed the outgoing call fast enough, it will drop the connection on the HFL.

Good news is you have some options. You can root your phone and kick up the processor, install apps2sd and get an added RAM boost. If you ever upgrade your cell like I did it'll work great. Anything past the 528 Mhz processor you are rocking right now will get the job done. If you're using Google Voice, that's another step in the process. Disable it when you get in the car and reenable when you leave if you must.

Love Android and love the RL. Don't worry, your next phone will work just fine.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
kgd
Instructor

I used to have an HTC windows mobile phone and had to install a third party software patch to get it to work right with the HFL. The software was from a company called Jetware and wasn't expensive. In fact the free version was all I needed to make it work with the HFL, you might want to try it out.

Kris
Old 03-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wii60
Actually, I can help you with this. I am a Nexus One user, but before that I had a G1.

Its a problem across the board on low-end android phones. When making an outgoing call, it can lag up a bit. If the phone hasn't processed the outgoing call fast enough, it will drop the connection on the HFL.

Good news is you have some options. You can root your phone and kick up the processor, install apps2sd and get an added RAM boost. If you ever upgrade your cell like I did it'll work great. Anything past the 528 Mhz processor you are rocking right now will get the job done. If you're using Google Voice, that's another step in the process. Disable it when you get in the car and reenable when you leave if you must.

Love Android and love the RL. Don't worry, your next phone will work just fine.
I have the Samsung Galaxy from US Cellular. It's worse and worse now. If I get an incoming call and hit the answer button the phone disconnects from the HFL right away - but the phone itself is still connected to the car.

The part that sucks is you cannot talk on it - have to mess with it, unlock it and hit the speaker button . Waaay more dangerous than just talking on the phone.

Had the Blackberry curve before - worked great. The samsung connects and holds the connection with ear bluetooths just fine.

It's the Acura HFL. The phone doesn't show up in their online compatibility check.

Can I take the unit out and send it for a check at the manufacturer ? Who makes it ?
Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 PM
7th Gear

I have an 2005 acura rl with blue tooth and had been using my Blackberry curve just fine now I have a blackberry Bold and altough I can phone out still - when people phone in, it disconnects!! Is there an upgrade for this HFL control unit to deal with this???

chris