Took RL in for service (more of a rant than anything)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Took RL in for service (more of a rant than anything)

Update on page 2

Ok, this really isn't about my service experience, although to keep it somewhat on topic I will mention that I took it in for only the oil change and had them put synthetic in (Mobil 1). Great service rep, always very nice and helpful.

Here is my real rant though. For those of you who don't know my car history, I had bought at 2004 TSX. I had it for about a year when I took it in for one of the schedule oil changes. The dealer left the radiator cap off and blew up the engine (kind of). It was all screwed up so I forced them to buy it back and give me my money back basically. I then bought the FX35 which was a lemon - leaky sunroof. They bought that back. Then I bought the 05 TL which was totaled.

I decided to buy the RL because of all the features - I figured I could deal with the idiots there since that radiator cap thing was a new tech who was simply an idiot. Now they only put top level techs to work on my car.

Anyways - so about two months go I had taken in my moms RX300 to trade in for the MDX. All was good and then the sales guy (who I had worked with before) started yelling at me and questioning my loyalty to the dealer. I was somewhat insulted by this and decided to take my business elsewhere. When this happened I sent a two page letter to the GM of the dealer and the owner of all the dealers complaining about this and saying I was insulted and that it was flat out rude to yell at your customers and question their loyalty. Mind you, I have sent more than a dozen people to buy cars from their Honda and Acura dealer (I think close to 18 have bought/leased cars from them).

So, the GM called me about a week later to apologize for the sales guy stupidity - for lack of better words. I said whatever, I just wanted to let them know this is what their sales people do to long time customers - especially one who refers many sales to their dealer.

So today, when I went to pickup my RL from service a friend had dropped me off and came in with me just to make sure the RL was ready. The same sales guy came out to me and I put my hand out to shake it and he reluctantly shook my hand and VERY sarcastically asked me if the other dealers are treating me well and if I am happy everywhere else. He asked if I was being treated with silver lining at the lexus dealer and other acura dealers. He went on for about 5 minutes. After he left, my friend was in complete shock (as was I) about the way this guy just insulted me, again. My friend said, "wow, I can't believe he just talked down to you like that."

Now, many of you know my age, so I am used to people being mad or upset about me driving an expensive car and such; however, nobody has EVER taken it to this low.

Now, am I right to be upset here? I left a message for the GM just now asking him to call me back.

Sorry for the rant, I am just SLIGHTLY pissed off with the way the sales person just treated me.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are idiots everywhere. Maybe next time just don't deal with him.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Suzuka Master

They are idiots everywhere. I am thoroughly convinced that I won't buy an Acura again.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Racer

Vik, I feel your pain, but don't let an a$$hole salesman force you to cut off your nose to spite your face, so to speak. Use this as an opportunity to improve your situation, like a few free service visits or something to that effect. If the GM understands that you have helped him with your own and others business, he would be an idiot to allow this to occur-this type of bad press is death to any local business, so use that fact to your advantage. MAKE sure that he understands this as well, then things might start looking better.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
office monkey

wow what a douchebag!

Wtf is with the car industry? A co-worker of mine is being jerked around by her salesman and I am just boggled how these people can be employed. Not to rag on anyone who may be in the industry but it sure seems the car selling industry is designed for the idiots and losers of the world to work there since anyone IMO can sell a car seeing as cars basically sell themselves. Dont have to have a high IQ or common sense to sell cars based on the sales people I have read about and have experienced in person.

Vik you arent wrong for being upset and I say you bitch to the GM and hopefully this idiot sales guy gets fired.

On an unrelated note, damn son, you seem to have had a string of bad luck with your cars. I hope that the RL breaks the streak.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Advanced

VP,

I too feel your pain, however, totally agree with Acurafox - use it to your advantage. Shake the GM down for free stuff such as routine maintenance, the 15,000 mile service, the 30,000 service or parts like an updated DVD for your navi (my dealer is giving me version 4.31, the latest, for free).

There will always be unprofessional idiots in and around car dealerships (even Lexus), so take it in stride, gaining anything and everything you can from their mistakes. Believe me, they can afford it.

So, how old are you???
Old 10-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 997 Likes on 531 Posts
Vik, your rant is absolutely justified. The jerk salesman is just jealous of you and isn't smart enough to realize that he is costing himself and his dealership greatly with his actions. As frustrating as it is, the more frustrated and pissed off that YOU get, the more the jerk salesman gets what HE wants. Just inform the GM of his actions (again) and then ignore the stupid ass.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Instructor

Hey Vik he probably or must suffer from small penus syndrome. I run into quite allot. He probably got picked last for kickball and is jelous of your age,looks,social status whatever. I would go for some free services from the dealership and if they don't make you happy call ACS. I have had simular experiences myself. I'm sorry that that as@@@@ treated you like that but dont let him get the best of you. He would love if you got rid of your acura. Don't let him get the best of you. In fact I would really f@@@ with him and bring your salesman a bottle of shampane or gift certificate at the hollidays. Some people will laugh at this but trust me. It would eat him up. Pretend he does not exist.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Advanced

This is totally unacceptable - period!

I am sorry that a member of the human race treated you like this. I have never heard of such crazy stuff, and as much as I value freedom and peace and loving one's neighbor, I might have been inclined to send a salvo over to re-arrange his dental work right then and there... I cant believe he has done this twice - he must be on some wierd medication. I would also, write a letter to Acura, and the GM and as hard as it would be, go back to this person, call him outside and tell him how badly he treated you. If he still doesnt get it, then tell him because of his grossly unprofessional behavior, you are going to get an attorney to invoke the dumb-ash law and have Acura buy your car back and get at least a dozen of your friends to do the same. Ok, I know thats probably not possible, but at the very least, his boss needs to know that he has a loose cannon on deck, and its going to cost him big $ to keep you a customer . And who knows how many other innocent people this dolt has talked to like that?? Tell him you are going to get a News crew to come down and hear your story of Car Salesman acting very badly.
I might be worried of what this person will do next - I would be careful. Again sorry that this had to happen to you. Thanks for all the great work you do for all of us. DanF
Old 10-28-2005, 06:29 PM
has been here awhile

Originally Posted by crazytsxmods
...In fact I would really f@@@ with him and bring your salesman a bottle of shampane or gift certificate at the hollidays. Some people will laugh at this but trust me. It would eat him up. Pretend he does not exist.
This is a GREAT idea. It would be best to work it out through a florist or gift-basket company of some sort in your area--that way, a delivery person brings the extravagant gift right to your salesmen (isn't it kinda like how all the girls in an office go crazy when FTD shows up?)

Maybe something from Harry & David? A wine basket of some sort? You be the judge...but do gift your sales person this holiday season
Old 10-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rob L
wow what a douchebag!

Wtf is with the car industry? A co-worker of mine is being jerked around by her salesman and I am just boggled how these people can be employed. Not to rag on anyone who may be in the industry but it sure seems the car selling industry is designed for the idiots and losers of the world to work there since anyone IMO can sell a car seeing as cars basically sell themselves. Dont have to have a high IQ or common sense to sell cars based on the sales people I have read about and have experienced in person.

Vik you arent wrong for being upset and I say you bitch to the GM and hopefully this idiot sales guy gets fired.

On an unrelated note, damn son, you seem to have had a string of bad luck with your cars. I hope that the RL breaks the streak.
hopefully RL will break the streak. I love it!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey Vik he probably or must suffer from small penus syndrome.

Old 10-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN
This is a GREAT idea. It would be best to work it out through a florist or gift-basket company of some sort in your area--that way, a delivery person brings the extravagant gift right to your salesmen (isn't it kinda like how all the girls in an office go crazy when FTD shows up?)

Maybe something from Harry & David? A wine basket of some sort? You be the judge...but do gift your sales person this holiday season

Wait, so you guys are saying send the same asshole who insulted me... a bottle of champagne and such?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by stokdgs
I am sorry that a member of the human race treated you like this. I have never heard of such crazy stuff, and as much as I value freedom and peace and loving one's neighbor, I might have been inclined to send a salvo over to re-arrange his dental work right then and there... I cant believe he has done this twice - he must be on some wierd medication. I would also, write a letter to Acura, and the GM and as hard as it would be, go back to this person, call him outside and tell him how badly he treated you. If he still doesnt get it, then tell him because of his grossly unprofessional behavior, you are going to get an attorney to invoke the dumb-ash law and have Acura buy your car back and get at least a dozen of your friends to do the same. Ok, I know thats probably not possible, but at the very least, his boss needs to know that he has a loose cannon on deck, and its going to cost him big $ to keep you a customer . And who knows how many other innocent people this dolt has talked to like that?? Tell him you are going to get a News crew to come down and hear your story of Car Salesman acting very badly.
I might be worried of what this person will do next - I would be careful. Again sorry that this had to happen to you. Thanks for all the great work you do for all of us. DanF

Thanks for all of your comments guys. Much appreciated. I left a message for the GM and will expect a call back from him next week. I also plan on sending a letter to the GM as well as the owner of all the dealers (the guy who owns this dealer owns several other dealers on the area). I will hope to get all kinds of goodies out of their stupidity.

I should say, my friend gave me a more accurate idea of what the salesperson said (I was in such shock I must have forgotten) He said "are the other dealers treating you like a baby in a silver lined cradle" and then was moving his hands/arms in the motion that you would hold a baby.

Dan - I plan on mentioning to the GM that if he does not do something to rectify the issue that I will be contacting the local media as well as the BBB and Michigan Attorney General's office.

Thanks for all the great work you do for all of us. DanF
Only trying to help and make this place the best it can be to all the Acurazine members.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Instructor

No Vic I'm sorry, I thought it was a differant salesperson. Since thats the same asshole that sold it to you I think you should send him a big bag of pooh fedex overnight from Acura Salesman Performance Club or some bullshit like that on the from part of the form and just drop it off on his desk on his day off.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Suzuka Master

No Vic I'm sorry, I thought it was a differant salesperson. Since thats the same asshole that sold it to you I think you should send him a big bag of pooh fedex overnight from Acura Salesman Performance Club or some bullshit like that on the from part of the form and just drop it off on his desk on his day off.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Suzuka Master

I wrote a letter and sent it to the GM of the dealer, the owner of the dealerships as well as acura client services. What do you think of it?

To Whom It May Concern:

A short while ago I had sent you a letter regarding my experience with SALESPERSON NAME at your Acura dealer. I spoke to you after you received my letter and I was assured that you would speak with him regarding the incident. I would like to inform you that I had dropped off my RL on Thursday evening (October 27th) for a simple oil change. My service representative was excellent; he got me in and out without a hitch and asked if I had any other concerns with my vehicle. He was willing to explain any of the features to me if I had not yet figured them out. His time and patience is very much appreciated.

A friend of mine had come to drop me off at your dealer on Friday the 28th to pickup the RL. Mr. SALESPERSON NAME saw me and went out of his way to come over to me and insult me. I put my hand out to shake his as anybody with any respect would do in our society. He hesitated and shook my hand and then proceeded to say (extremely sarcastically) “are the people here and the other dealers treating you like a baby in a silver lined cradle?” and then proceeded to move his arms in the motion of rocking a baby back and forth. This is by far the most insulting thing that has ever happened to me. I am truly offended by his actions. Not only did he do this, but he went out of his way to do this.

This has affirmed my suspicions that your dealership is absolutely terrible and your sales representative is by far the rudest person I have ever run into. I am not sure why he thinks he can come to me and insult me like this – or any other customer for that matter. I would like to point out that this behavior is completely uncalled for – regardless of my age or status in society.

As soon as SALESPERSON NAME left, my friend looked at me in complete disbelief and shock as to how terribly he had just treated a former client of his. This kind of behavior is not found at any dealer, let alone from what Honda is calling its luxury division.

I have spoken with American Honda regarding this issue and they advised me that they do not get involved in complaints such as this; however, they are making a record of it and I will follow up with them after I have received some sort of response from your dealership. Once I have received some sort of response from management at the dealership I will determine if I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau as well as the local media outlets to issue a consumer warning against your dealerships. Under no circumstances is this sort of behavior acceptable.

I am not the type of person who will complain about minor issues that can be dealt with directly with the salesperson; however, the actions of your sales person clearly needs to be identified and dealt with by management for I fear he will continue with this sort of behavior to other customers.

I would also like to point out that the friend that was with me was interested in purchasing the 06’ TL with navigation; however, after this incident he told me no longer has any interest in the Honda or Acura brand.

I will expect some sort of response from your dealership within one week of receipt of this letter prior to contacting American Honda as well as the Better Business Bureau. I have no interest in receiving an apology from Mr. SALESPERSON NAME, nor do I ever want to hear from him in the future. His actions are truly disrespectful and give a terrible name to all car sales men and women throughout the country.

Let me reiterate that not only have I been a loyal customer to your company but I have also brought numerous sales to your dealerships as a result of my personal references to friends and family. I had much faith that appropriate action would be taken with my first letter; however, sadly that has not happened. It is troubling that a representative of the dealership would go out of their way to insult customers clearly such a representation does not have concern for the dealerships reputation amongst its most loyal customers and the community.

Please find attached my previous letter to regarding Mr. SALESPERSON NAME.

Sincerely,
Old 10-29-2005, 02:57 PM
Instructor

That is written great. I would hope that they (GM,Dealership owner) will take immidiate action on this. They should call you and do something right away to attemp to make up for this. Sorry it had to get this far to a great person like yourself Vik. We go through life and sometimes there always seems to be a bad apple in the crowd. One that has no purpose on this earth but to critisize someone or go out of there way to humiliate people for some reason. I actually feel sorry for people like this because at some point I believe it will catch up to these bad apples in some form or another. It just saddens me that great people like you and I have to suffer these rude actions for the time being. All great people shine and all bad people will get whats comming to them. Words are so powerfull and we cannot take them back. It is a shame but that is a fact. I would hope that you do not let this ruin your relationship with your RL but see through this as an opportunity to take one bad apple out of the crowd and put it on display for others to see what a bad person he is. I hope and know this all works out for you. John
Old 10-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Advanced

Great letter, Vik. I have dealt with all kinds of rude people at school, work, service departments, and of course, ACS, but this takes the cake. That guy is in the wrong line of work. When he sees you, he should think $, given the business you've given him, either directly or by reference. And, the least he should do, is show common courtesy and respect, and be appreciative of your business. I would call him a moron, but in my mind he's much worse than that.

I hope the GM corrects the situation. I would also like to agree with crazy that hopefully this will catch up with this clueless jackass of a salesman. Though sometimes I wonder, to be honest with you... But anyway, at this point, all that matters is that the service people are doing the right thing for your car, and you'll definitely not be dealing with this dude again.

I'm sure you'll keep us posted. Good luck!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks crazytsx and caha. Hopefully this will spark a change and this guy will be gone. I never wish somebody loses their job; however, in this case I do. I also hope he doesn't come after me - he seems crazy enough to do so.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:48 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Acura Client Services is a huge, crude joke. I really like Honda and have as long as I remember, but my experience with Acura has left me questioning whether or not to give them my business again in the future.

Your experience is close to mine. I was treated terribly by an Acura dealer's service depatrment (Nalley Acura), and then by Acura Client Services. When my TL developed an issue at 45k miles where it is blowing fuses regularly and Acura claimed to not have the ability to fix it, I filed a complaint with the BBB. When the representative called me, she basically told me that even if they didn't fix it before warranty was over, I was on my own afterwards. As if I'm not aware of the Warranty Rights Act.

Best of luck in getting your issue resolved.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Racer

FX35 and MDX

Originally Posted by vp911
I then bought the FX35 which was a lemon - leaky sunroof. They bought that back. Then I bought the 05 TL which was totaled.

Anyways - so about two months go I had taken in my moms RX300 to trade in for the MDX.
Wow I coulda had a V8 I knew your user ID was familiar. I recall some post of yours over at www.infinitifx.org and at www.acuramdx.org I guess its a small world after all.

BTW: well written letter.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by msu79gt82
Wow I coulda had a V8 I knew your user ID was familiar. I recall some post of yours over at www.infinitifx.org and at www.acuramdx.org I guess its a small world after all.
Indeed
Old 10-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Intermediate

the infiniti dealer here in tampa did that to me and that is one of the main reasons i have went with acura. anyways, i like what you did with the letter and hope the salesman gets what he deserves.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Racer

Vik, well stated, objective and professional. Keep us apprised as to the outcome. Taking the high road will at least allow you to sleep well at night. :-)
Old 10-31-2005, 11:20 AM
Suzuka Master

I guess american honda sent a message to the dealer saying I had a complaint. The GM called - and I asked if he rcvd my letter. He said no he hasn't and I said he should probably wait till he rcvs the letter and call me back. He said no that he would rather just hear what I have to say because he doesn't like surprises. I told him exactly what happened and there was complete silence and quietly after about a minute he just said "wow." He then said that he thinks its time this employee is dismissed.

I told him that the decision is completely up to him and he said "no, the decision is yours. you are filing the complaint against him." I personally don't like to have people fired, so I went back and said, that he is the employer and that it is his decision. He pointed out that I as the customer keeps him in business and am ultimately his employer. He essentially asked me what I would do in the same situation.

So, I suppose it comes down to this representative losing his job - which is not what I was particularly hoping for - I was more hoping for free service - but I guess that is what happens when you speak to a customer like this.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Damn Vik, you seem to have no luck. I hope this asshat gets canned as he deserves to be.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I guess american honda sent a message to the dealer saying I had a complaint. The GM called - and I asked if he rcvd my letter. He said no he hasn't and I said he should probably wait till he rcvs the letter and call me back. He said no that he would rather just hear what I have to say because he doesn't like surprises. I told him exactly what happened and there was complete silence and quietly after about a minute he just said "wow." He then said that he thinks its time this employee is dismissed.

I told him that the decision is completely up to him and he said "no, the decision is yours. you are filing the complaint against him." I personally don't like to have people fired, so I went back and said, that he is the employer and that it is his decision. He pointed out that I as the customer keeps him in business and am ultimately his employer. He essentially asked me what I would do in the same situation.

So, I suppose it comes down to this representative losing his job - which is not what I was particularly hoping for - I was more hoping for free service - but I guess that is what happens when you speak to a customer like this.
Vik, you know damn well that this guy deserves to be fired. Don't do him any favors because if he treats you like that, then he must treat other customers like that as well. Have him shit-canned and call it a day. Besides, it'll go a long way towards improving the service that other customers get and help improve Acura's image, which is the most important thing.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Suzuka Master

I do have bad luck - but the GM said that "in 10 minutes he will no longer be employed here"
Old 12-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

sorry for the resurrection but I can't help wondering :
What was it that salesman pissed at you about ?

Didn't you buy the TSX, TL , RL, MDX all from that dealer ?
(lol wholey shit you ngot a whole fleet there !)
Old 12-26-2005, 12:56 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for grins...

Vik,

Swing by the dealer next week...oh, just to pick up a brochure or something, and see if the scumbag is still there. If he is, call him aside, make sure it's just you and him, and threaten his ass. I only did this once, but, man, it really worked wonders. Granted, it ain't the PC way of doing things, but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?
Old 12-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by acurafox
Vik, well stated, objective and professional. Keep us apprised as to the outcome. Taking the high road will at least allow you to sleep well at night. :-)
I wouldn't do that; it would undermind everything you have done. It may be adapted when all else fail to get rid of this guy, but don't forget he has your address.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by huckleberry
sorry for the resurrection but I can't help wondering :
What was it that salesman pissed at you about ?

Didn't you buy the TSX, TL , RL, MDX all from that dealer ?
(lol wholey shit you ngot a whole fleet there !)
He was pissed that I told the general manager that he yelled at me in the middle of the dealership. Basically what happened was that we agreed on a price for the MDX - written also - then they tried to change it and I said no. I guess the GM yelled at him for this.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by AcuraRLBlue
I wouldn't do that; it would undermind everything you have done. It may be adapted when all else fail to get rid of this guy, but don't forget he has your address.
He would be stupid to do anything again. He knows everybody at the dealer knows about this and everybody I know is aware of this.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by feeenux
Vik,

Swing by the dealer next week...oh, just to pick up a brochure or something, and see if the scumbag is still there. If he is, call him aside, make sure it's just you and him, and threaten his ass. I only did this once, but, man, it really worked wonders. Granted, it ain't the PC way of doing things, but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?
Nah.... I don't have a need to go there again, with my RL gone soon it doesn't matter.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Racer

We would miss you badly if you don't come back to the forum. You have contributed so much to this community. I hope it is not the sales person that turned you away from Acura, but rather the need for a more exciting car that you decide to sell the RL. Hopefully the new NSX would bring you back to the forum.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't plan on leaving I am still a mod and until the admins kick me out I will be here just as often as I have been. The salesperson didn't really help me decide to dump the Acura, but it surely was a reason not to buy another one - at least from that dealer. I wanted a more exciting car, so that is why I went for the IS.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Racer

I don't plan on leaving I am still a mod and until the admins kick me out I will be here just as often as I have been. The salesperson didn't really help me decide to dump the Acura, but it surely was a reason not to buy another one - at least from that dealer. I wanted a more exciting car, so that is why I went for the IS.
Good to know. Would you please offer us your experience of the IS?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:55 PM
Suzuka Master

I won't have it till sometime late Jan, but from my test drives, it is fast, very fast. More road noise and feel, tight steering. Interior is VERY nice. Generally equivalent to the RL in every aspect except size. RL has standard XM, Onstar and Navtraffic over the IS (of course sh-awd also)

IS has front and rear park assist, rear view cam, cooled seats, pass. memory seats, and a few other things the RL doesn't have. In general they are two very capable cars but two different types. After I have it for a little while I will report back.

Overall, the IS is what I was looking for. Smaller, fun to drive, but still has all the luxury features.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:17 AM
Instructor

VIK,

Good to hear that you found what you where looking for. IS350 sounds like a very nice car, since it also has a lot of nice features. I like the cooled seats!
How does the audio system in IS350 compare to RL's?

Quick Reply: Took RL in for service (more of a rant than anything)