Should I accept a loaner car???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Do It!!!

You should take the loaner, ask for an upgraded loaner. A TSX is definitely NOT on the level of an RL!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by Chas2
Can't believe you waited this long!

At least you didn't get a rentacar. I'd take the TSX all day long over a Chevy Malibu or a Dodge Avenger (FUGLY little critter).
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob

At least you didn't get a rentacar. I'd take the TSX all day long over a Chevy Malibu or a Dodge Avenger (FUGLY little critter).
Totally agree with you. I asked for a TL or MDX but they said they only had a TSX on the lot (yea right). I waited so long because I love my RL. The AC was working for the first few minutes of my drive so I would crank it up to freezing then turn it off when warm air started to come out which was working last week, then this weekend was very nice, we even drove 100mi yesterday w/o ac. But this morning not moving in traffic was way to hot so I gave up and said goodbye to my car.

American Honda tells me I have been moved up as a high priority on the parts list (BS) and they should be receiving the part from japan tomorrow so it will be sent to my dealer tues or wed and they should have it by thurs, so there is a chance my car could be fixed on friday. I sure hope so. I'm going away this weekend and wanted to take the RL. I am over mileage on my pilot so a road trip would just make it worse. Anyway, even if it's not done by friday it should be by mon tues (it had better be).
Old 09-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Oh, and I like the TSX. I think it's a great car, but after 4yrs and 80k+ miles I'm tired of it.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Burning Brakes

WOHOOO! My 1000th post. It only took 4.5years.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently, some of you guys are confused with how a dealership works. Not all dealers have RLs as loaner cars. In fact, we don't have any on ours. We could care less what type of vehicle you have or what you want to be put into. If you want an MDX, if we can make it happen.. fine. Why should we care what you go home in?

As far as not recieving the same level vehicle you have, give me a break. Your not keeping it. You're driving it for a period of time, usually very short.

Oh.. and if your normally a prick going into the dealership blaming them because your a/c doesn't work.. you'll probably be stuck in a TSX and it will probably take 2 weeks to get your parts in. Other people, usually can be in a TL/MDX and for the most part, can have stuff either overnighted or have it in in 2 days.

Dealers are really not out to fuck anyone over. At least our dealer.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by weeeerd
Apparently, some of you guys are confused with how a dealership works. Not all dealers have RLs as loaner cars. In fact, we don't have any on ours. We could care less what type of vehicle you have or what you want to be put into. If you want an MDX, if we can make it happen.. fine. Why should we care what you go home in?

As far as not recieving the same level vehicle you have, give me a break. Your not keeping it. You're driving it for a period of time, usually very short.

Oh.. and if your normally a prick going into the dealership blaming them because your a/c doesn't work.. you'll probably be stuck in a TSX and it will probably take 2 weeks to get your parts in. Other people, usually can be in a TL/MDX and for the most part, can have stuff either overnighted or have it in in 2 days.

Dealers are really not out to fuck anyone over. At least our dealer.
Uh....even if you think/believe what you said above, it is probably not a good idea for you to write such a nasty post like that on this forum. I don't think your dealership would be very happy if they knew what you posted here, as it makes you and your fellow coworkers sound like assholes, IMO. Grow up and be a little more professional.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Talking

"Somebody is having a case of the Mondays!"

I am glad to know my purpose on this earth is to allow service vendors to relieve me of my burdonsome cashflow. Take my money, please! And I shall do as you say.

After all, I am just plain lucky I was allowed to purchase your product.

<sarcasm intended>
Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by briny319

Like I said, I know bmw's have similar if not more issues. It's just that bmw would give an equivilant loaner and hopefully not have a backorder.
depends on the dealer. read the bmw forums, some of them get a KIA for a loaner
Old 09-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaRL
"Somebody is having a case of the Mondays!"

I am glad to know my purpose on this earth is to allow service vendors to relieve me of my burdonsome cashflow. Take my money, please! And I shall do as you say.

After all, I am just plain lucky I was allowed to purchase your product.

<sarcasm intended>