RL Supercharger? or other high performance upgrades??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RL Supercharger? or other high performance upgrades??

One thing I regret is not researching on available aftermarket parts before buying my RL. The low level of aftermarket support is ridiculous.

I did, however, find some new hope when I heard that the new TL-S has the same motor that we do.

Anyone know if any companies are making anything cool for the TL-S motor yet? You know, parts that can also be used by us RL owners??
Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Cruisin'

Mugen has parts. You can check out king motorsports unlimited for more info about those parts specifically for the 06+ RL. There are some other products out there you just have to look a little harder than normal for hondas, try acura RL aftermarket parts which is what I used to find King's stuff.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Au contraire! There are many aftermarket parts for the RL. You should PM Touge, our resident RL aftermarket vendor. Click HERE...List of Aftermarket Parts Available For Your RL~! It gets a lot of attention in Japan, so that's where most of the parts come from.

HTH!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Cruisin'

I was actually thinking for something that would really make the car faster or quicker on a track day maybe.

Like forced induction, higher final drive, cams, ecu upgrade, headers, sway bars, brake pads, crossed drilled rotors, etc etc.. i don't see any of these things available anywhere
Old 01-08-2008, 04:04 AM
Instructor

ummmm.... i think you may have gotten the wrong car, if your even thinking of forced induction on a new rL, my
Old 01-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by PWLegend2007
I was actually thinking for something that would really make the car faster or quicker on a track day maybe.

Like forced induction, higher final drive, cams, ecu upgrade, headers, sway bars, brake pads, crossed drilled rotors, etc etc.. i don't see any of these things available anywhere
No SC, headers, or tranny mods (to modify higher final drive) are available. There are aftermarket brake pads (you'll have to search here a bit); there are two sets available. Excelerate sells drilled rotors for the RL. We have stainless brake lines available to us (see link above) adding to our already pretty beefy brakes.

Amuse reportedly made an ECU upgrade for the Legend/RL, according to a badly translated page originally written in Japanese, but no one here has tried it and we're not even sure we can get our hands on it. Believe me, if that were available, I'd have it (or Touge would).

CAI and exhaust in my car added 13-14 whp (see "my car" link in my signature). Some have added the pulley for easier revving in the lower rpm range. At the minimum, for better handling, you need an A-Spec suspension or adjustable Teins. Those could make a difference on a track in addition to brake mods.

It sounds, though, like you need a weekend driver on the side, which some of us have. I certainly don't track my RL.....my mods, while they add power, are really mostly for my auditory enjoyment.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The amuse ecu will not work on the USDM RL when I asked them due to our immobolizer. The RL can be made quite track ready when you add the coilovers, stainless steel lines and some grippy tires. The difference on my RL vs a stock one was night and day in handling.

To run a higher final drive in the RL is quite easy and makes a noticeable difference. All you have to do is run a slightly smaller tire diameter as we did (255/35/19).
Old 01-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Touge
The amuse ecu will not work on the USDM RL when I asked them due to our immobolizer.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Touge
To run a higher final drive in the RL is quite easy and makes a noticeable difference. All you have to do is run a slightly smaller tire diameter as we did (255/35/19).
That will make your speedometer inaccurate. At least with smaller tires, your actual speed will be slower than the speedo registers so you won't have to worry about getting tickets.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:44 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
i think the simplest upgrade to your RL is to buy a 3.2CL to compliment your sporty side...im in chicago if any of you are interested, please PM. car in absolute perfect condition! i could on and on...PM if anything.

thanks
Luigi