Remote does not open windows?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 07:40 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remote does not open windows?

Just picked up new rl but remote does not open the windows as it says in the users manual. Supposed to hold it down after unlock but it does not work. Anyone have the same problem?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
I believe it works if you hit the unlock button twice and after the second hit, hold the button down. Give that a try.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Opium den in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea press unlock, let go, and then hold unlock down and your windows/sunroof should start opening.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by martysh
Just picked up new rl but remote does not open the windows as it says in the users manual. Supposed to hold it down after unlock but it does not work. Anyone have the same problem?
I have not tried that yet on my RL. On my TL you push the unlock button three times and hold it the third time to control how far down you want the windows to go. First time you push the unlock button it unlocks the drivers door, second time the other doors, third time the windows and roof.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 AM
8th Gear

the answer

actually my acura dealer had to have the computer "relearn" the system so that the windows would operate properly. this was on a new car right out of the lot. seems that not only didn't the remote command to open the windows work but it would not allow the drivers side rear window to open from the driver's command buttons. Now it is resolved.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Cruisin'

The way it works on the RL is kind of annoying as compared to how it works on BMWs. One BMWs, you press unlock, let go, then press and hold unlock to open the windows and sunroof. If you let go, they stop opening but if you press and hold unlock again, they start opening again.

With the RL, you also press unlock, let go, then press and hold unlock again to get the windows and sunroof to open. The difference is that if you let go, you have to press unlock, let go, then press and hold again. So in essence you have to hold unlock on an even numbered press to get the windows to open.

This is a (minor) issue for me since I like to open the windows when I'm at pretty much the limits of the remote range. So the car might lose the signal from the remote and stop opening. At that point, it's difficult to judge what remote press is the even number one to get the windows to start opening again. Like I said, it's a minor issue, but I was used to opening the windows on my BMW in which all subsequent presses would start the windows opening again. Not really a big deal, just something I noticed.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Instructor

I had the same issue

Originally Posted by martysh
actually my acura dealer had to have the computer "relearn" the system so that the windows would operate properly. this was on a new car right out of the lot. seems that not only didn't the remote command to open the windows work but it would not allow the drivers side rear window to open from the driver's command buttons. Now it is resolved.
I had the same issue. The driver's controls weren't opening/closing either of the rear windows and the remote-open wasn't working at all. I mentioned it; they knew what was up, and they "re-programmed" it.

Hopefully it's doesn't happen again, but if it does at least I know it's an easy fix.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Racer X

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the same issue today. . . .the driver's controls would not operate the front or rear passenger doors, nor would the remote open the windows.

I called my service advisor and he said that the individual window units had to be reset. He told me to push the window button down and hold it down for 3 seconds and then pull it up and hold it for 3 seconds at each of the front and rear passenger doors.

It worked and the windows functioned normally
Old 11-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Instructor

I wish pressing the locking button closes the window.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by webhead
I had the same issue today. . . .the driver's controls would not operate the front or rear passenger doors, nor would the remote open the windows.

I called my service advisor and he said that the individual window units had to be reset. He told me to push the window button down and hold it down for 3 seconds and then pull it up and hold it for 3 seconds at each of the front and rear passenger doors.

It worked and the windows functioned normally
Thank you very much I had the same issue. Now they work properly even with the remote. You did good
Old 03-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by webhead
...push the window button down and hold it down for 3 seconds and then pull it up and hold it for 3 seconds at each of the front and rear passenger doors...
I'm loving this forum more and more each day...thanks Webhead!
Old 03-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Intermediate

So I followed Webhead's tip and but now only the left rear (and front passenger) window opens from the drivers control unit. The right rear still doesnt but only works when you use it's own button. Any ideas?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Intermediate

Got it to work, finally. After reset I had to roll the passenger window all the way down and then up. After that, it started working from the drivers control module. Bizzare.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:30 PM
The Doctor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
same here. You need to roll the windows all the way down, then all the way up to rest them.

Originally Posted by fafpak
Got it to work, finally. After reset I had to roll the passenger window all the way down and then up. After that, it started working from the drivers control module. Bizzare.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Racer

I always found that you never quite knew how far away from the car you could be for the remote to function. But you do have to press the unlock once, release then hold down again. I think the problems I have had with this convenient function is my distance from the car. On a hot day walking towards the car I want them to open as soon as possible and in some cases I'm probably out of range the first couple of times I try it. Being aware of the distance from the car definitely affects the reliability of use.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Torch & Pitchfork Posse

Received 1,806 Likes on 793 Posts
Originally Posted by DoctorTuna
I always found that you never quite knew how far away from the car you could be for the remote to function. But you do have to press the unlock once, release then hold down again. I think the problems I have had with this convenient function is my distance from the car. On a hot day walking towards the car I want them to open as soon as possible and in some cases I'm probably out of range the first couple of times I try it. Being aware of the distance from the car definitely affects the reliability of use.
You would know you are close enough if the 1st time you hit the button the lights flash. Then the second try should lower the windows and open the sunroof.

You may need to change your personal settings to flash when unlocked. I believe the beep is when locking with the remote.