Rant...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rant...

So I got the recall notice and took my car into Acura of Westchester. Never had a problem with them they were always top notch. Car went in made couple of extra comments about car shifting into gear in a jerking motion etc. I get the car back and the brake pedal needs to be mashed to stop. Seems the lines werent bled or topped off with fluid. So I call and they tell me bring the car they will do the line flush. Ok so I do. I get the car back and there is a loud clanging noise from pssenger side floor. Call dealer angry this time but always professional. I tell this new SA about this. He sounds like he has an attitude problem. Granted I have had prob 6k worth of warranty work but not out of his pocket and he is new as my other SA went to work for Lexus. My mom takes car in he gave her attitude as well now I go in person and let him know what I think f him and the recent experience, still professionally but stern. I decide to deal with the manager from now on. She is much better but I think they have an idiot working on my car cause I am told the power steering pump was left dangling and not put back on and fluid was all over my garage floor so they fixed it and kept it an extra day. Now this morning I wake up after having the car 2 days and I hear this noise that sounds like a loose belt or belt on its way out. not quite squeeling yet but loud enough for you to know something is wrong. Te car is now my moms and she woke me up 6am asking me WTF is wrong now? I am guessing power steering pump has air in line. Any other suggestions? and what can I do for reimbursement for all this time and drama going back and forth to a dealer thats 45 min away from me and they keep screwing more stuff up? I made a complaint to client relations. I think i deserve something had the car less than a year and its been to the dealer like 9x
Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 846 Posts
Is there another dealer near by?

I posted in the recall thread that the techs do not want to do the brake recall because it doesnt pay enough hours, and if you combine that with some half ass wrench jockey then I wouldnt trust them anymore.

So I would definitely stop working with this new SA, then I'd either hit a new dealership or go over the managers head making sure they understand that them causing issues with the brakes and steering is putting lives in danger because of shotty work.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
awesome!
That is the dealer I use....looks like I will cancel my recall work for next week and try to let them get their sh!t together for this recall job.
I am sorry to hear about your issues there. I have been taking my car there for 2.5 years now and I never had any real issues with them.
When it comes to someone screwing up my brakes though my gloves come off instantly. If the brakes fail you can die...end of story.
Who were you working with that was giving you the atitiude?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Peter Falvey... some deutschbag. It was funny cause all the attitude was on the phone and even to the point when I called the third time he thought he put me on hold and put the phone down and I heard him mumble "I Hate this f**king guy" Well if you fixed the f**cking car you wouldnt be dealing with me asshole. anyway I went there in person after that. I walked in and gave him a piece of my mind (respectfully but got the point across) he tried being a cool guy telling jokes after that. F that. I requested he never deal with my car I called customer relations and filed complaint. I also demanded to deal with the manager only. Liz (manager) has proven to be very nice but they need a better tech on my car. So the car goes back tommorow for belt squeel. I will flip on someone and try to lemon this car if it has to go back again after that... still fuming...
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Look at your ticket and get the techs name too so you make sure he isnt assigned to your car too.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SnoWRL
Peter Falvey... some deutschbag. It was funny cause all the attitude was on the phone and even to the point when I called the third time he thought he put me on hold and put the phone down and I heard him mumble "I Hate this f**king guy" Well if you fixed the f**cking car you wouldnt be dealing with me asshole. anyway I went there in person after that. I walked in and gave him a piece of my mind (respectfully but got the point across) he tried being a cool guy telling jokes after that. F that. I requested he never deal with my car I called customer relations and filed complaint. I also demanded to deal with the manager only. Liz (manager) has proven to be very nice but they need a better tech on my car. So the car goes back tommorow for belt squeel. I will flip on someone and try to lemon this car if it has to go back again after that... still fuming...
What is a "Germanbag"?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

LoL... a bag made in Germany? or auto correct trying to spell douche.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
A friend with an 05RL went in for the recall and had the same issue when it was completed, super mushy brakes. He called and they came and got the car the next day, offered to buy him and the wife dinner for the trouble, etc etc
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 420 Likes on 314 Posts
With that info, I'm going to wait until I need brake job to get recall done. I'm due shortly anyway.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Racer

My 06 is going in on Wednesday to the same dealer that did my friend's 05 (it's the only dealer within 200 miles), hopefully they've learned from experience now LOL
Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 AM
rtr
RL owner

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
One thing you guys need to remember is that these dealer mech are not trained from honda nor do they know about complete vehical assembly! Seems funny but true. If you don't see any ishiews with your car then wait till you do or you will end up fixing something that is not even broken by a TECK or so called mech that doent even know who to do it properly. If you have your own teck-meck you may be able to take the parts off your self and they will swap you for new ones at the dealer.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Wow. It's amazing how one douche can ruin the dealership experience. This is something that should be taken to the manager or owner of the dealership, especially if the SA is new. Are you a long-term customer of the dealership? You might leverage that into the convo with the manager or owner.

You must also take into consideration that the RL is simply a rare car even at Acura dealerships. This makes the possibility of something going wrong that much more likely since the techs likely don't work on RLs that much.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ive never taken my car to anyone without them telling me they hate working on it I think they don't see too many RLs and when they do, it is just basic service, when something serious goes wrong it seems too be a pretty tough car to work on because it isn't one of the universal hondas on the market
Old 01-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Missing my

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I am not trying to be snide, but this is exactly what I was worried about when I posted in the brake recall thread. I don't like these guys taking apart my car for something that hasn't become an issue yet.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I feel ya, perhaps get it done when you need new brake fluid?
Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Racer

Well mine was done today, and I too now have a spongy, long travel brakepedal. It's not quite as bad as my friend's 05 was (you had to pump the pedal 3 or 4 times nearly to the floor to get it firmed up on his, mine just one quick pump and it's very firm), but I will be going back to get them to properly bleed all the air out that must have been introduced.