Piece or part number for cup holder broken piece please

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2019, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Piece or part number for cup holder broken piece please

Hello.....I have searched and searched and cannot find the piece needed to repair my cup holder lid that does not stay down. Mine is still spring loaded it just wont click. After an hour of scanning around I decided to go on ebay and look at the used part for sale so I could zoom in on the micro part that i need. Now I see the part that mine is missing.......but do any of u guys know what the part number is????? some of u guys are great at reading those exploded view parts catalogs....I am at a loss. I thought it would be the same part I used to repair my ash trey lid but it isnt. I have already removed the cup holder.......just need that dern part! Any assist would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 AM
2007 LSM KB1 Tech w/CMBS

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by JPV74
Hello.....I have searched and searched and cannot find the piece needed to repair my cup holder lid that does not stay down. Mine is still spring loaded it just wont click. After an hour of scanning around I decided to go on ebay and look at the used part for sale so I could zoom in on the micro part that i need. Now I see the part that mine is missing.......but do any of u guys know what the part number is????? some of u guys are great at reading those exploded view parts catalogs....I am at a loss. I thought it would be the same part I used to repair my ash trey lid but it isnt. I have already removed the cup holder.......just need that dern part! Any assist would be appreciated.
Thanks!
You CAN buy SOME of the individual parts of the cup holder but unless you can post up a pic of the missing part we wont know what to tell you to order, there's like 4 different parts that it could possibly be. In the time you've spent researching this cup holder lid issue, you could have spent $25 or $35 with me and had one in excellent,working condition,already cleaned and treated with 303 Aerospace protectant, installed and working. Also, a new cup holder retails for $356.25 if you want to go that route.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:58 PM
Advanced

Hey Stevieray...........im game.......will enclose a pic.....circled in blue is the area of where the part is supposed to be. I will go fishing in my console tomorrow to see if I can find the broken pieces. My cup holders are in A1 condition so if I can get the $3 dollar part to fix what I have that would be preferred. If I cant I guess I will have to buy one of your entire units.

Sending pic now.....lets see how it posts.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:12 PM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
look at the diagram around #12
https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/...7230-SJA-033ZA
Old 11-30-2019, 10:30 PM
Advanced

Thanks HDN....I looked at the diagram but without being able to zoom in further then it would let me I have no idea which part is needed. I have to assume its the same part that is failing for everyone else......it has to be a common failure.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:59 AM
2007 LSM KB1 Tech w/CMBS

The piece outlined in white is what you're missing, it may be either piece #14 or #17. In looking at my complete cup holders, it doesn't look like a piece that is meant to be replaced. I think what fails for most people is the striker which is the piece with the phillips head screw right above it and is piece #14 on the parts diagram.

Last edited by stevieray; 12-01-2019 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:58 PM
Advanced

Thanks Steve.......Im about to go outside and fish for the broken part.
What kind of tech are u?
Old 12-01-2019, 01:42 PM
2007 LSM KB1 Tech w/CMBS

Originally Posted by JPV74
Thanks Steve.......Im about to go outside and fish for the broken part.
What kind of tech are u?

Chances are that you're not going to find that part. The way that's made, it's not going to just fall out. Whoever owned the car before you probably pulled the cup holder out to clean it and broke that piece off, that would be my guess. I'm not any kind of tech. I'm just a self-taught old man that has worked on cars for most of his life. A little common sense, experience and a Factory Service Manual go a long way.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Advanced

Ohhhhhhh ok thanks......Im such a bonehead that I was reading your screen name and thought it was your occupation when I guess it is your cars info...........never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer

Actually when I lifted up the cup holder all went smooth but I did hear something bounce around which must have been that part. My guess is since it wasnt working it was clearly out of position. So once I lifted up on the cup holders it went flying into the abyss.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Advanced

Ok ....Like a surgeon I went back in for the 3rd time. Im a panel popping machine now. I found the part and yes it is the one that you circled. It slid right back in place no problem. I guess there is just a tiny bit of plastic that has broken off from it. This would be where the latch hooks onto......this is definitely a replaceable part I just need the part number. Let me see if I can load my pic but it is the same as yours. In my pic the part is back in place but I guess has a tiny bit broken from it.

Old 12-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Advanced

Ok problem solved. I am just reporting back to help the next guy that does a search. We in fact have circled above the part that was broken on my cup holders and most likely would be the part broken on your cup holders if u are reading this thread. Well if this part is still " snapped " into its correct position on your cup holder then a little piece of plastic on the catch end inside the piece has broken off. The problem is that Acura does not sell the replacement part....or at least my local Acura Dealer said they only sell the entire cup holder. This would be the perfect aftermarket part if u can find it....but I was unable to find one via the interweb........I just bought and entire cup holder for $12 of ebay and removed the part that I needed and I will use the cup holder for other parts if needed in the future.
Note.....to remove this part u will need two tiny screw drivers. Push in one tab then with the other screw driver wedge the part just a hair outwards so it will not snap back in place. With one screw driver holding the part slightly outward use your other screwdriver to push in the opposing snap and while pushing the snap in push it in the direction needed to remove it.....once it moves outward just a tiny bit you will be able to grab it with your fingers and remove it the rest of the way......then just snap your new part in and your done. If you need more detailed info just message me and I will walk you through it.